Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm glad for you all. I left the commanders as a fan but still glad to see them do well. I feel like an abused spouse who's other half finally got help. But the love is no longer there.

Bring your tail back, dan is gone. It's time.

• Like 1

Finally it's over with Doofus Dan.

Imagine being so hated that you feel the need to live your life on a Yacht in Europe and also move to a foreign country to get as far away as possible. 

I guess I'll have to find myself a new picture lol.

• Like 1

Today is a great day! I’ve been a fan since 1976. My first game was 10/25/76 vs the Cardinals. Eddie Brown ran back a punt in the rain and mud!  Loved all the original Gibbs years. I am glad we have a new owner. I hope he restores the winning traditions!  I think he will. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Finally it's over with Doofus Dan.

Imagine being so hated that you feel the need to live your life on a Yacht in Europe and also move to a foreign country to get as far away as possible. 

I guess I'll have to find myself a new picture lol.

I live in the UK now. Would be a shame if his new posh house got covered in loo roll. Mysteriously, of course.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

A shout out to the guys here who kept the flame burning for soooo long & through some downright awful times.

Guys like SkinsInParadise and the like.

Finally this gorilla is off our back 

This coming season already feels so much better  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm glad for you all. I left the commanders as a fan but still glad to see them do well. I feel like an abused spouse who's other half finally got help. But the love is no longer there.

That's how it starts buzz :)

Love will come back sooner or later 😁

• Like 1

At first I was a bit concerned when I heard that Harris likes to yuk it up to the media, but then I thought that would be a breath of fresh air compared to Snyder. Cut to the new owner randomly calling into 106.7, crashing a block party and then buying everyone beers. I think thats pretty cool and a brilliant idea, DC already loves the new owner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

At first I was a bit concerned when I heard that Harris likes to yuk it up to the media, but then I thought that would be a breath of fresh air compared to Snyder. Cut to the new owner randomly calling into 106.7, crashing a block party and then buying everyone beers. I think thats pretty cool and a brilliant idea, DC already loves the new owner.

The people who covered him said the opposite, Harris isn't much of a media guy, doesn't talk much to them, its been one of their disclaimers somewhat about him which is that he's a good owner but don't expect to hear from him much.  Quiet typically with the media.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The people who covered him said the opposite, Harris isn't much of a media guy, doesn't talk much to them, its been one of their disclaimers somewhat about him which is that he's a good owner but don't expect to hear from him much.  Quiet typically with the media.

Thats weird, I heard he was more hands on when it came to the media, but that might've just been when compared to Snyder...who never interacted with the peon fans.

8 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yep, was just thinking of SIP and TSO with that.

Thanks. I've had the benefit of seeing political movements, mostly small ones and sometimes being paid to even help orchestrate some of that.  And It actually works sometimes.   It's not always hopeless.  And my thought is with Bruce-Dan we had no shot with them.  Especially Dan.  So what do we have to lose?    I do think the fans helped take out Bruce and that left Dan with no shield.  Ultimately, in the end, it was all the brave women who stood up to Dan and company, and in turn brought the evil empire down.   They are the movement heroes in this story and big time so.

Over time, I saw no scenario in my mind where it could work with Dan.  I was sour on Dan pretty early in his tenure.  But I foolishly gave him a break during the Shanny era, thinking he might have changed.  Not that I liked him then but bought the narrative that he finally realized to not interfere.  To TSO's credit he didn't think Dan changed one whit.  He was right.  I turned on Dan again during Jay's era through today.

The fan card thing you referenced.  The 2nd wave of it was during the Bruce era.  I recall some of the pushback on the Bruce has to go movement with some saying its a waste of time and we have no right to demand anything.  My response was it might not be a waste of time and we have every right to voice whatever we want.  Customers of restaurants and hotels can take shots at the establishments on yelp-trip advisor, including call specific people out - but this team is off limits to that sort of thing?  I among others thought nonsense.

Heck I recall the pushback, me, @Conn, @BatteredFanSyndrome and some others got as recent as last summer just from opining that Dan's days could be numbered.  It was well meaning pushback because people hated the idea of hoping and then seeing that hope dashed.  I get it. 

But that's what Dan did to this fanbase.  It made us cynical.  It made us turn against each other.    We had to defend decisons or rip them as they were being made.   And we'd get piss off at each other about it.   I think deep down some of those who defended decisions that came off obviously dumb to some of us -- didn't really believe in what they were saying.  Instead I think it was about wanting to believe that their team is run well.  Because it sort of sucks to dwell on the idea that it wasn't run well.  And some of those battles created some enemies here.   Now that the nightmarish era is over, I get that group a bit more.  

There was a dude, who isn't on here anymore who loved to call me, @goskins10, @BatteredFanSyndrome, @TSO among others bad fans because as fans you need to have the back of the brass -- defend Bruce and Dan instead of attack them, etc.  Fun times.  But fortunately, its over. 

Unlike some, I couldn't abandon this team.  I have too many childhood memories and familt ties to it.  It meant too much to me to bail.  Plus I just don't switch allegiances on really anything. I am stubborn that way, maybe too stubborn.  So reading those McConnaghey comments that I posted here yesterday, I could relate to all of that. 

I don't blame others that bailed.  To each their own.  And everyone on this board survived this nightmare and kept passionate enough about this team to keep posting.  And that's big time fandom and persistence.  And I do believe in karma to some extent.  The karma was bad under Dan for obvious reasons.  I think the karma will shift.  And as a fanbase, we've earned good times and I believe they are coming. 

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Thats weird, I heard he was more hands on when it came to the media, but that might've just been when compared to Snyder...who never interacted with the peon fans.

Compared to Dan, yeah.  Who isn't? 

But he's not much of a talker to the media from what I've heard and posted about on this thread multiple times.  Really everyone who covered him have said variations of the same thing including the dude Keim interviewed about him yesterday.

But i am cool wiith that.  I don't need an owner who talks much.  I think he will though initially.  Their task is to revive this fan base so I think he has no choice but be a bit public for awhile cnsidering circumstance.

I thought he killed it yesterday.  I am really intrigued as to what happens next.  

• Like 1

...Snyder didn’t have to go because of all the wrong things he is accused of doing. He is out because he wronged the wrong people. His departure signals neither a triumph of justice for women allegedly harassed and abused on his watch nor for people who had to experience his blatant disrespect for all things, including honest reporting of the team’s finances. Ultimately, he had to sell the Commanders because he was so reckless with his invincibility that he rankled everyone else who tries to prance through life with their noses in the air.

He was bad for a business that tolerates a lot of bad. Snyder was consistent, at least. He treated everyone poorly, no matter their status. As owners, sponsors and civic leaders distanced themselves from him, as fans increased their rage, as investigations and legal headaches multiplied, Snyder found $6.05 billion to be an attractive remedy.

Consider it the most extravagant force-out in American sports history.

The transaction makes very little right. But it’s over now. Snyder is done. The pursuit of accountability for his alleged misconduct must continue, but this new day is worthy of celebration.

It’s also a day to realign authority. Josh Harris, the billionaire face of the new group overseeing the team, shouldn’t be treated as a savior. If you felt powerless during the Snyder reign, it would be imprudent to enter this relationship without dictating new terms. Fan obsession created the business model that allows owners to feel invulnerable, and that level of passion is most effective as a negotiating tool at the start of something fresh.

It is not enough that Harris isn’t Snyder. It is not enough that Harris grew up in the area and has a solid reputation as an investor in other sports franchises. This is his greatest challenge: to be a conscientious guardian of an ailing legacy NFL franchise. He and his partners will profit, but the unconditional demand must be that they serve.

Snyder didn’t serve. He abused the privilege. Still, he made tons of money every year and then sold the team for a record amount, which was nearly eight times the $800 million purchase price (then a record, too) in 1999. In almost a quarter century, Snyder may have improved a doorknob. Other than that, he thrived despite ruination. People love the team too much to see it truly fail.

The next era needs to be different. Snyder’s exit is a relief and a reason to apply pressure because the new owner is actually listening. Harris will care to make an impression. He will find broken items all over the place. But his group attached a lot of money to its aspirations and belief in the franchise. To realize those dreams, Harris must repair all of the relationships that Snyder shattered.

It gives the public more leverage than usual. The NFL may be an undefeated revenue generator, but Washington underperformed dramatically as Snyder punctured enthusiasm one diabolical act at a time. He never got better at running the team — just more arrogant, bitter and delusional. In the end, it caught up with him, but only after he alienated employees, fans, sponsors, agents, players and teams throughout the league, his partners, fellow owners, Commissioner Roger Goodell and lawmakers. The slow unraveling didn’t accelerate until a 2020 Washington Post investigation of the team’s workplace culture began a cascade of distressing revelations that left him unable to enjoy a home game at FedEx Field. Snyder’s wife, Tanya, a breast cancer survivor, received boos in October as the stadium played a “Think Pink” video.

It was an ugly, desperate moment. By then, it was the only way to be heard. Sometimes cruelty begets cruelty. Snyder had devolved from being the team owner to being considered a franchise squatter. What a miserable experience all around.

And what a low bar for Harris to clear. He doesn’t need Magic Johnson, one of his partners, to turn back the clock and jump over it. There’s no leap necessary, just common sense. As an investment, the Commanders are a low-risk venture. If the hope is to be a civic asset capable of thrilling a region again, Snyder has created danger everywhere. But shrewd business executives look for opportunity, not safety.

It’s time for everyone to be shrewd. The Snyder saga was a window through which power and corruption in sports could be seen clearly. In the beginning, the mistakes seemed comical. Then they became upsetting. By the end, they were horrifying. Now, as the parade commences, remember that morality didn’t stop the agony. It’s only over because Snyder couldn’t behave in front of the few people who mattered. And they punished him by forcing him to get richer and disappear.

This time, don’t settle for different. Demand better.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I doubt this message will ever get to you but Tiffani Johnston thank you SO much for your bravery in coming forward and telling your story.  You are the reason that so many people are happy today.  Incredibly sorry that this happened but we all owe you a tremendous debt.  We won’t forget you.  Many, many thanks.  

• Like 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I doubt this message will ever get to you but Tiffani Johnston thank you SO much for your bravery in coming forward and telling your story.  You are the reason that so many people are happy today.  Incredibly sorry that this happened but we all owe you a tremendous debt.  We won’t forget you.  Many, many thanks.  

I just added something on that subject in my post in response to the fan movement that took place here.  

When it was all said and done, I think all the discontent hurt Dan in different ways.  But the kill shot and big time so was from all the women, Tiffani included who stood up to Dan and company.  Dan tried to bully them right through the investigation and they pushed back.   No way, we'd have this day if it were not for them. 

It sucks they had to experience all they have with this organization. Beyond horrible.  But I do think not only did they bring Dan down but I'd bet they've changed many other sports organizations now and in the future.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Well Snyder is certainly leaving the NFL as a disgraced ‘former’ owner.  Talk of the guy should be banned around these parts eventually.

Close all the ongoing threads down that link to him, his tenure, the sale, and get a new one going looking forward and specifically focused on the new ownership group.

So, just to be clear, even though we're finally rid of that engorged tick on our collective neck, is it ok if I still really hate him and wish bad **** on him? Like Somali pirates or orcas and cocaine sharks or flesh eating bacteria or maybe male pattern baldness?

I'd just like to stay in my lane here.......

• Like 1