Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

I think it would be Haskins, where Snyder appears to have put his thumb on the scale.  It was strange, because that  2019 draft had only one consensus 1st round QB (Murray), a "maybe" in Daniel Jones, and after that a lot of question-marks.  Picking Haskins in an off-year for QB prospects, kind of locked Washington out for pursuing a QB in 2020, when Washington had the 2nd overall pick.

My honorable mention would be chasing after Jeff George.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Do we all think that every other owner will vote for the new ownership? What's the odds on a 31 to 0 vote.

HTTR 

Pretty good, right? I mean, i don’t know but I can’t think of any reason why any of them would vote against it. If anyone does, it would be because of some concern with the way the deal is structured. Not because of Harris or Snyder.

44 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Do we all think that every other owner will vote for the new ownership? What's the odds on a 31 to 0 vote.

HTTR 

I think it’ll be unanimous or damn close. They wouldn’t waste their own time calling the meeting for the vote if it wasn’t going to easily pass—so all that’s left is a “no” as a form of protest, against either Harris (unlikely) or the structure of the deal (more likely, but it’s too late to change that if it’s going to pass anyways). And any “no” vote is too easily confused in the media as support for Snyder, and god forbid those names get leaked who would vote no on ousting Snyder. Would look horrible. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Marc Davis May vote no, just to spite Dan for revealing the dirt on Gruden.

Never trust a guy rocking a bowl cut

I'm sure everyone wants to excrete Dan from their lives

Edited by DWinzit
  • Haha 2

Keim's latest podcast.

A.  The sale is going down.  No worries.

B.  The new brass will take time to encode what they have versus doing an exodus.

C.  The stadium is hot on their list.  It will take some time though for it to play out.  

D.  He said his source on this are the people in the building now versus Harris.  He said they feel 25% chance the stadium is in DC.   Many hurdles to make DC happen.

E.  He feels now National Harbor is likely out for Maryland and the current Fedex site would be the vehicle in Maryland.

F. Loudon in play for the stadium in Virginia.   They might sell the current facility and build a new one in Virginia.  They need to keep their facility in Virginia because of the financial deal they made years back with the state

G.  He referenced that things should be a lot better with Dan out. Dan wasn't a professional owner.  Harris is a professional owner.

H.  Took another jab at Bruce.  As I mentioned previously, I am enjoying the jabs at Bruce from Keim considering he typically refrains from that.  Doubled down again about cheap Bruce was, he did it a bit lighter this time.  In the past he talked about the lack of investment in just about everything -- which he imputed to Bruce's philosophy and it effected morale in that building.  This time he did it a bit lighter and said they didn't invest in the stadium, didn't pay their employees well and mentioned Bruce.  He said they still don't pay their employees that well.  And Keim said he expected that to change under Harris.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

G.  He referenced that things should be a lot better with Dan out. Dan wasn't a professional owner.  Harris is a professional owner.

"What you're supposed to do is act like a ****ing professional. Dan Snyder ain't a professional. You can't work with Dan Snyder. You don't know what that idiotic asshole is gonna do next."

intro-1662955190.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tough to make the argument that Jeff George was a good locker room guy and of course his "leadership is overrated" quote is infamous. That said, he did steer an (albeit talented) Vikings team to the playoffs in '99 in place of Randall Cunningham and at the time I thought he was a good insurance policy for the 2000 Redskins as a backup, especially given the high expectations going into the season.

Even though we were 6-2 at the halfway point, the offense absolutely struggled after Mike Westbrook went down in the second game of the season, and it wasn't Jeff's fault that we couldn't find a reliable kicker to replace Brett Conway, which probably made the difference between us making the playoffs and finishing 8-8.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 11.19.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 11.19.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 11.19.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 11.19.46 AM.png

I would have loved to have seen Marty and Brad for a couple more years with no Danny/Vinny interference. One year was not enough even if Martyball was boring..it got the job done. 

I like Mosley over George for #3! 

• Like 2