Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

What was everyone’s low point of the dan snyder era…I’m curious how we line up I’ll go first it was that giants game at home Mr. maroon and black wanted to run a fake field goal with zero protection I believe we were getting smacked and it was right before the half , it just summed up how foolish of hire this was

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What was everyone’s low point of the dan snyder era

The Jay Gruden-Bruce Allen era. It really exposed what a ****-show this organization really was. Snyder was able to follow up Zorn with Shanny and that one year where we thought we were back...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What was everyone’s low point of the dan snyder era…I’m curious how we line up I’ll go first it was that giants game at home Mr. maroon and black wanted to run a fake field goal with zero protection I believe we were getting smacked and it was right before the half , it just summed up how foolish of hire this was

Firing Marty

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Snyder becoming owner.

HTTR!

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Firing Marty

Yup, I always held out hope for a change, but this was a sure sign of the strife to follow.  Now, had Spurrier somehow worked out than people would certainly look at this differently, but the reason Spurrier was hired and Marty was fired was the real issue.  Snyder fired him because him and his boys weren't having any fun.  Reminds me of a quote from "The People vs. Larry Flynt" 

"It's my magazine and I will run it into the ground if I want to"  

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

May 25th, 1999 -- Present; sums up the low point of the Dan Snyder era.

7ilq5x.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Swinging gate... Mr. But fumble... John Beck... Fat Albert... etc.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Firing Marty

I figured Snyder was going to be a problem when he fired Norv with a winning record. I get he was a new owner and wanted his own guy in there. But you have to wait for the end of the season at that point IMO.And then bringing in Jeff George over Brad Johnson after he threw for 4000 yards and 10 wins infuriated me and a lot of others.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

On field Jim Zorn and the swinging gate.

Off field its pretty all much been a low point.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

My old season tickets were in front of Snyder's box, one section over to the left. When he banned signs and had a row of security in front of his box. That might have been it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I just found a scripted R floating in my pool. It must be a sign! 🤪

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was listening to Perez on Finlay’s show with both doubting Brian Davis being legit but both saying the Davis camp is full of confidence like they got this. Finlay tried to get a response from that camp on something  and he said they told him we will talk after the contract is signed 

I really wish this dude would go the hell away. We, the fans, don’t want him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Swinging gate. Haven't been back to FedEx since. 

• Like 2

The Gibbs double time out penalty. Kind of encompasses everything for me for various reasons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What was everyone’s low point of the dan snyder era…

Good question.

Sitting thru the entirety of the Monday night masssacre in person felt pretty bad. I was a legit Zombie on the way outta that game.

But for a low point, mine aint even on the field related. I'd have to go with the bungled Commanders roll-out.

As someone who works in branding it hurts my soul to see my team struggle so mightily in this department. Just inexcusable, below intern levels of mistakes mixed with downright incompetence.

Wrong dates on your logo, arguing with your own fanbase, flatter than water presentations, fighting your own alumni over your mascot, getting dunked on by politicians about the poor acceptance levels, having 5 people in line at the team store opening, worst local revenue in the NFL in a rebrand year... Its actually impressive how badly this was screwed up. I honestly didn't think it was possible to fail this badly. It has just been a low point that somehow continues to sink lower.

I get that it probably hits me a lil' harder but man, this whole Commanders mess of a situation so far has been like tanking an entire legion of archers to the heart.

main-qimg-4ef7c5b4035a60f4d76be1268c2ad43f.gif.727431451c66439a27ba4abb7daa906b.gif

• Thumb up 1

The RG3 ACL will always be the pivot point for me where the naive excuse-making homer died and the cynical reasoning hater was born. Part of it was the age I was when it happened, and part of it was just the yo-yo bounce between hope and tragedy, instantly. It was never the same after that even though there were plenty of warning signs leading up to it that I ignored. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think the chaotic transition from Gibbs 2 was an eye opener. Yes, Joe's second retirement no doubt caught Dan by surprise, but given his age, its something you had to be prepared for. Joe's best hire was Gregg Williams and the performance of the defense arguably kept Gibbs 2 from being a complete disaster. For Snyder not to recognize that was shameful. But then I'd love to hear the real story behind Dan pulling the rug out from Fassel. Sure, no guarantees Fassel would've done anything here, but if it was strictly due to fan outcry when the story was floated, that's weak. Make a decision and stick to it.

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

The RG3 ACL will always be the pivot point for me where the naive excuse-making homer died and the cynical reasoning hater was born. Part of it was the age I was when it happened, and part of it was just the yo-yo bounce between hope and tragedy, instantly. It was never the same after that even though there were plenty of warning signs leading up to it that I ignored. 

Yeah, getting blown out by the Giants at FedEx in 2008 on the first anniversary of Taylor's death really broke me. But the RG3 year was exciting....I'll still remember him breaking that long TD run against the Vikings on a weekend the city really needed it after the Nats had experienced a heartbreaking loss in their first playoff appearance. Still, the cynicism had already gotten to me, and remember being at the Seahawks playoff game and not really being all that upset when Griffin collapsed, along with the lead.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Yeah, getting blown out by the Giants at FedEx in 2008 on the first anniversary of Taylor's death really broke me.

This was also the last time I went to FedEx. I plan on going back this year, once this all is finalized.