Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I guess the question starts to become who won’t flip, rather than who will. 

Or, rather, who will the prosecutors offer deals to?

My guess is they want to go after Eastman and trump hard.  But that’s me blindly throwing darts at a board …

my question is are the unindicted conspirators going to stay such? If so that’s incredibly disappointing. We know there’s sorry members of congress in that list …

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

that in itself is a pretty bad situation. That’s a lot of time and money spent on something she will never see the return on. And I can’t imagine she’ll find a new career that pays anywhere close to what being a lawyer should have. 

She'll wind up just fine on her back or on her feet somewhere.  There's a Fox News calling for her in the future, I'm sure she'll be fine.

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

She'll wind up just fine on her back or on her feet somewhere.  There's a Fox News calling for her in the future, I'm sure she'll be fine.

Maybe. I’m not sure she really has any value there. Women like her are a dime a dozen for Fox News, not sure what makes her worth their money and time compared to others. Especially now that she’s plead guilty. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Maybe. I’m not sure she really has any value there. Women like her are a dime a dozen for Fox News, not sure what makes her worth their money and time compared to others. Especially now that she’s plead guilty. 

I can see that.  Maybe a lesser channel like NewsMax or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Her statement is basically “I have come to realize I’m the dip**** they picked to do their dirty work”

Pretty sure she enthusiastically volunteered for the job. Probably had to step on a dozen rivals, to get it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Shows she's gullible. And stupid.

I have doubts who really "believed" anything was stolen. I do believe that she thought they could steal the election for him, and that if they pulled it off, she'd have power and money. Those tears are either fake or from fear of it really hitting home that she could go down for this and Trump will do nothing to help her. That might be the gullible part. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I read her Twitter and she was still posting like a true conservative believer (as of last night).  So, still working to get Trump elected.  She had raised $200k for her defense fund.  

I am still waiting for at least one person to turn their back on the cause and really repent.

She's actually big time on the DeSantis bandwagon now. Trump has gone after her quite a bit for it.

19 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I have doubts who really "believed" anything was stolen. I do believe that she thought they could steal the election for him, and that if they pulled it off, she'd have power and money. Those tears are either fake or from fear of it really hitting home that she could go down for this and Trump will do nothing to help her. That might be the gullible part. 

I think this goes to the "regret vs remorse" issue. Regret is when you feel bad because you got caught for doing something bad, remorse is when you feel back because of the damage you did to the people involved.

I think she definitely regrets what she did, but I don't think she has a shred of remorse.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think she definitely regrets what she did,

I think she regrets getting caught and being held accountable. For me it's like Michael Vick. I don't think he ever really will regret torturing and killing dogs because it's a ****ty thing to do and cruel. He regrets doing it because it got him in trouble, not because he believes it is wrong. 

She probably regrets it because she's in trouble. Not because she really thinks it was wrong.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think she regrets getting caught and being held accountable. For me it's like Michael Vick. I don't think he ever really will regret torturing and killing dogs because it's a ****ty thing to do and cruel. He regrets doing it because it got him in trouble, not because he believes it is wrong. 

Slight derail but I think you're off on Vick.  I followed that all pretty closely including what he has done afterwards.  I think he genuinely changed.  He really wasn't taught to see animals in a certain light growing up and I think he really did learn from that whole mess.  I've forgiven him and I don't forgive anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

We’ll never know for many of them but I do find it interesting to think about whether one truly believed there was a stolen election they were trying to fix, or that there was no harm in the charade they were pulling and didn’t even realize it was criminal, or whether they just flat out thought they’d get away with it so it doesn’t matter. 

i get why others may see no interest or care for the difference in options but I find it interesting to ponder from time to time. 

I think something that gets lost in all this is how truly good of conmen people like Trump and Giuliani are. People are suckers for stardom and both had prestigious reputations at least among a somewhat large % of the population. Like any other cult there’s an element of “how stupid, you should have known better” but there’s also an element of people being preyed upon. 

and for all the people constantly throwing stones, there have been times where many of them have been duped on equally as silly stuff born out of the same lack of critical thinking. I know none of them will admit it, but I’ve seen it and know it exists. 

that said I still think the book should be thrown at them all if for no other reason that to serve as a warning that if you’re trying to overthrow the government you better be right. Or at least it better work. Or there will be hell to pay. 

best I can tell no one is going to get the book thrown at them which is disappointing. But prosecutors lack the balls to do that, they’d rather get a guilty plea with no prison time and call it a “win” than pursue a real punishment. 

Edited by tshile

On 10/23/2023 at 8:07 AM, Cooked Crack said:

the steroids REALLY made carrot-top age fast... and bad

.... we could do this FOREVER

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I initially read that as she'll end up on her back somewhere.  Prostituting herself in the more traditional way...

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Trump, tomorrow: "I've never heard of or been around this 'Mark Meadows' person. I think he might have gotten me a diet Coke once or twice."

Rhino!

Deep state!

Antifa false flag operation!

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 2