Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Yeah Gainwell has been getting the vast majority of first team snaps despite the additions of Swift and Penny, so they definitely like their RB stable. But a couple of those guys are injury prone which is a big X factor.

Miami seems to be the leader in the clubhouse for JT and they’ve already had their initial offer rejected. 

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I agree with the sentiment, especially if we can land one on our PS.  Fitting one on the 53?  Hard to see a new guy bumping Mayo or Hudson off the roster, and keeping 5 seems unlikely given some tough cuts we already will have to make elsewhere.  

Our PS should be tempting though with Barton and Hudson going to potentially hitting FA next year, and Mayo being a limited player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Is it a foregone conclusion they'll have to cut one of them? 

I loved Dee Winters in the run up to the draft. I thought he looked like an athletic freak.

25 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

If Lions WR Antoine Green gets released I think he could be a good pick up for us. 

We have too many WR already

20 hours ago, Conn said:

Yeah Gainwell has been getting the vast majority of first team snaps despite the additions of Swift and Penny, so they definitely like their RB stable. But a couple of those guys are injury prone which is a big X factor.

Miami seems to be the leader in the clubhouse for JT and they’ve already had their initial offer rejected. 

Miami totally makes most sense. Their RB room is a couple of injuries away from them starting some dude off the street.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

So the Colts give a first for Wentz, and now they want to give the Eagles Taylor? Man, **** the Colts.

Yeah but it seems that they expect a first rounder for a dude they apparently don't feel is important to their team.

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Is it a foregone conclusion they'll have to cut one of them? 

I loved Dee Winters in the run up to the draft. I thought he looked like an athletic freak.

We are WR heavy and will have to make some tough decisions at that position, why not trade Milne for Winters?

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

We are WR heavy and will have to make some tough decisions at that position, why not trade Milne for Winters?

No brainer - wonder if they'd go for it, though? 

That, plus our Ron-led FO seems incapable of creative personnel decisions.

Michael Dunn was a four year starter at the University of Maryland.  He started a couple years at Guard and a couple years at RT.  He was not a dominant player, but he was a good player as evidenced by the fact that he was a four year starter.  I don't think Washington needs him, I feel like he is more of what we already have in Shaddiq Charles and Chris Paul, a decent option as your third guard, but not a guy you want starting.

39 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-roster-cuts-eagles-marcus-mariota-chiefs-clyde-edwards-helaire-among-names-who-could-be-released/

CBS thinks that Clyde Edwards-Helaire could be potentially cut from the Chiefs... if he clears waivers then we should probably take a look.  

We shouldn’t because he isn’t very good. He was supposed to be, at the least, a great passing down back and Mahomes personally advocated for drafting him, and he just never showed to be that. He’s considered a missed opportunity given they drafted him over JT, and a pretty huge bust. Doubt EB wants anything to do with him.