Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's 100% a scam, yet still accepted by society?

Spaceman Spiff

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd like to know more about your view on how cigarettes are a scam.  Seems pretty honest to me.  Pay a few bucks for a pack, ignore the warning label even though everyone knows they cause cancer, puff a lot, get cancer.  

Granted, I don't like smoking cigarettes but I don't see how they're a scam.  I don't see anyone running around saying they're good for you.

Same argument can be made for alcohol. 

Government isn't going to ban tobacco, but wont get in the middle of all the stuff that's been added to them to raise the cancer rates from using them because they've also been done to make them more addictive and government loves that tax money.

For me, that's the scam, former smoker here, that is not afraid to go hit a hooka but terrified of vape pens because I feel like they are designed to get me back on cigarettes.  Another thing government turned a blind eye to until it started undoing all the work they put in to get kids to stop smoking cigarettes.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd like to know more about your view on how cigarettes are a scam.  Seems pretty honest to me.  Pay a few bucks for a pack, ignore the warning label even though everyone knows they cause cancer, puff a lot, get cancer.  

Granted, I don't like smoking cigarettes but I don't see how they're a scam.  I don't see anyone running around saying they're good for you.

Biggest scam in human history. 

Curious, teenager? try one. You look cool if you imagine yourself to look like Sean Connery circa 1973 and not just a gross incel (which is what you are). No health benefits, they actually kill you (but don’t tell you that part). But you are addicted immediately and cant live without them due to a physical dependency. Meanwhile, they are like $10 a pack, and if you are good and addicted, you HAVE TO smoke an entire pack every day. So $4000 a year or more which is probably 20% of your garbage salary. You smell like ****, adding to your un****ability. Then, after a solid life of being disgusting, you get to have lung or throat or mouth cancer and die the horrible death you deserve for your stupidity. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Sad 1

Free will.

How close are we to being able to predict a person's actions in a given situation based on chemistry in their brains? If all of our decisions can be modeled out, how long till all of humanity can play out in a computer simulation faster than we live it?

Maybe the Calvinists got it right...

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biggest scam in human history. 

Curious, teenager? try one. You look cool if you imagine yourself to look like Sean Connery circa 1973 and not just a gross incel (which is what you are). No health benefits, they actually kill you (but don’t tell you that part). But you are addicted immediately and cant live without them due to a physical dependency. Meanwhile, they are like $10 a pack, and if you are good and addicted, you HAVE TO smoke an entire pack every day. So $4000 a year or more which is probably 20% of your garbage salary. You smell like ****, adding to your un****ability. Then, after a solid life of being disgusting, you get to have lung or throat or mouth cancer and die the horrible death you deserve for your stupidity. 

Counterpoint: if she smokes, you know she puts out.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Catching up on an actual holiday...

Look, if you actually stay in touch, there's no need to dread the potential of multiple 1-2 hour conversations to see how the year went catching up...and no one has time for that while cooking or opening presents anyway.

Treat every holiday like Valentines Day, if you looking at it as a make up day regarding a relationship with anyone, you doing it wrong...

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Marriage. She gets my stuff. I get chores on long weekends. 

Bull****! 

It’s funny reading this today.  My wife told me that she planned a brunch for Sunday (today) so that neither her nor my daughter would be in the way while I fixed the tile in the bathroom.  She thinks she slick.

• Haha 3

"Our privacy policy."

Businesses whose business model is based on surveillance of every thing their customer's do, and monetizing the data, refusing to comply with court-issued search warrants "because of our commitment to our user's privacy".

53 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s funny reading this today.  My wife told me that she planned a brunch for Sunday (today) so that neither her nor my daughter would be in the way while I fixed the tile in the bathroom.  She thinks she slick.

Gotta give it to her, that is a slick ass move. I don’t presume to know how long y’all been married but that has the feel of a veteran all over it lol. 

My wife just catches me chillin and starts talking until she runs out of tasks. I try to ignore her, or slip into a coma, but it just doesn’t stop. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

What is a Ponzi scheme? More specifically, how do Ponzi schemes fail?  And then how does that relate to SS?

Well the government takes your money, uses it for other things and then gives you payments from what others put in the system. My parents paid in to ss all their lives and died before retirement and i got 300 from ss as a death benefit.  A reall “retirement” account would atleast give you what you paid into it….

46 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Gotta give it to her, that is a slick ass move. I don’t presume to know how long y’all been married but that has the feel of a veteran all over it lol. 

My wife just catches me chillin and starts talking until she runs out of tasks. I try to ignore her, or slip into a coma, but it just doesn’t stop. 

We’ve been married 16 years.  She’s got experience on her side and tyrannical control of the shared family calendar.  I just work here at this point. lol

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1