Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s funny because if you so much as mention this is a screw up for Biden, there’s a whole group of people who will come at you simply because a really really ****ty person/president managed to do something worse 😂 

It's funny because people can pretend to be better than others, by claiming others are doing something that hasn't happened. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It will be interesting to see how the MAGAs balance the senile Joe in his basement meme with these documents. 

I guess they will have to pick one going forward as either he's senile and can't be held accountable or he isn't. What a Sophie's choice for them.

They think a "Sophie" is a fancy French couch that New York elites have in their penthouse mansions that are completely not like Donald Trump's New York penthouse mansions.

~Le Bang

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Nah the funny part is seeing conservatives suddenly feign outrage over the severity of classified documents. These the same mother****ers what said a President can use his mental telepathy to declassify anything at anytime. 🤣

yea

another funny part is the one we’re in right now where people (non-trumpers) act as if they (trumpers) have standards and thus must worry about sounding like hypocrites etc

they don’t give a ****. They will just say what they say about Biden and ignore anything mentioning or comparing to trump. 

they do it a lot these days 😂 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

It will be interesting to see how the MAGAs balance the senile Joe in his basement meme with these documents. 

I guess they will have to pick one going forward as either he's senile and can't be held accountable or he isn't. What a Sophie's choice for them.

Since when have they been beholden to consistency?  They'll make 20 mutually exclusive claims and stick to all of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

550C1328-FC9A-4C88-957D-28554C22D842.jpeg

Well, its official, Joe's usefulness has come to an end. You know that the left has made a conscious decision to throw him under the bus when Schiff, who has no moral compass, comes out against him. It looks like this is the effort to attempt to polish the reputation of the DOJ and Joe is the fall game. If they appear to go after him hard, it gives them more credibility to continue after Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-schiff-national-security-may-jeopardized-bidens-mishandling-classified-docs

On 1/13/2023 at 4:37 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

Nah the funny part is seeing conservatives suddenly feign outrage over the severity of classified documents. These the same mother****ers what said a President can use his mental telepathy to declassify anything at anytime. 🤣

Im a conservative and i just think its funny how screwed up government is to allow document to disappear and this may be a sign that they are marking way too many documents secret trying to keep everything from the public. My only issue with the biden docs is they worked hard to cover it up until after the election

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tundra scout said:

Well, its official, Joe's usefulness has come to an end. You know that the left has made a conscious decision to throw him under the bus when Schiff, who has no moral compass, comes out against him. It looks like this is the effort to attempt to polish the reputation of the DOJ and Joe is the fall game. If they appear to go after him hard, it gives them more credibility to continue after Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-schiff-national-security-may-jeopardized-bidens-mishandling-classified-docs

You mean this?..."I don’t think we can exclude the possibility without knowing more of the facts"

I'm guessing to Republicans, a Democrat saying they need more info before ruling anything out is considered a vicious attack since their default mode is to parrot the party line, no matter how asinine it may be lol...

The only thing that's gonna hurt Biden is if the documents he took are top secret, the National Archives brought this to his attention years ago, and there's evidence that others had regular access to them. Because essentially saying "Let's wait and see first" isn't gonna dent him...even if it's from his own party.

• Thanks 1

Here's what I think about the discovery of classified documents, at this point. 

Regardless of party or who has them after they are out of office, We the People need to take this seriously. Classified documents should never leave government property unless someone has an authorized SCIF on the property. And they should be promptly returned to the National Archives per law. 

I hate to say it because Biden's first two years were very productive, he needs to announce that he's not running in 2024. This will be a huge distraction fomented by Republicans especially if Trump's indicted for the same thing regardless of the circumstances of grossness by Trump in trying to keep them. 

This frees up DOJ to go after Trump like they should. Biden stepping out of contention for 2024 will be regarded as punishment enough.

Besides, I personally think he's too old. It's time for Dems to continue turning over the party to younger people like Congressional leadership did this session..

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, tshile said:

So did they cover it up because they knew trump would steal stuff and not give it back?

or is that just a lucky coincidence for them?

I think the gop got lucky with this. But what trump did was unacceptable. If the archivist says we need them all back you give them back and then take it to court to legally get control of them. You dont act like he did. As for biden as i said the issue is his team hid this until after the election and until the gop was going to look at the archives to see if they could protect trump and the white house knew it would get discovered. I believe that if the dems still had the house this would have never come out. But then i dont trust almost everyone in our government to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You mean this?..."I don’t think we can exclude the possibility without knowing more of the facts"

I'm guessing to Republicans, a Democrat saying they need more info before ruling anything out is considered a vicious attack since their default mode is to parrot the party line, no matter how asinine it may be lol...

The only thing that's gonna hurt Biden is if the documents he took are top secret, the National Archives brought this to his attention years ago, and there's evidence that others had regular access to them. Because essentially saying "Let's wait and see first" isn't gonna dent him...even if it's from his own party.

From all i have read many of the docs were top secret but who really knows. But what I dont get is why were biden lawyers looking for more docs after the first group was found and not the fbi. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Here's what I think about the discovery of classified documents, at this point. 

Regardless of party or who has them after they are out of office, We the People need to take this seriously. Classified documents should never leave government property unless someone has an authorized SCIF on the property. And they should be promptly returned to the National Archives per law. 

I hate to say it because Biden's first two years were very productive, he needs to announce that he's not running in 2024. This will be a huge distraction fomented by Republicans especially if Trump's indicted for the same thing regardless of the circumstances of grossness by Trump in trying to keep them. 

This frees up DOJ to go after Trump like they should. Biden stepping out of contention for 2024 will be regarded as punishment enough.

Besides, I personally think he's too old. It's time for Dems to continue turning over the party to younger people like Congressional leadership did this session..

If it wasn’t for the intense partisanship on both sides; there really needs to be an investigation. Why is classified material handled so carelessly and why are so many people apparently having access to these materials.

This isn’t going away and just damages Biden. I think regardless of whether Biden runs or not; other people need to get into the Dem race.

After being beat up for a year, Biden’s going to be even more weaker than he is now. Also, a recession tanks him even further.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, tomwvr said:

As for biden as i said the issue is his team hid this until after the election and until the gop was going to look at the archives to see if they could protect trump and the white house knew it would get discovered. I believe that if the dems still had the house this would have never come out

I like your post.  

but on this specific point 

Is there evidence of that?

or is that just something people are saying?

3 hours ago, tomwvr said:

From all i have read many of the docs were top secret but who really knows. But what I dont get is why were biden lawyers looking for more docs after the first group was found and not the fbi. 

With Trump the National Archives requested the documents and when he didn't produce them all they subpoenaed him for them.  When he didn't fully comply with the subpoena and they had  evidence of obstruction, then they called the FBI to perform a search.

That is totally different from the Biden case in that as soon as the documents were found by Biden's lawyers they were turned in (they didn't have to be asked and didn't refuse to turn in any documents).  They continued to look (why? because they wan'ted to make sure there weren't any more lying around - why didn't Trump and his team do the same?) and found more (and then turned those in, again voluntarily).  The FBI was not called in because there was no evidence of obstruction or intentionally hiding or withholding documents.

We can just as easily question why the FBI didn't get called in to search Trump's other properties once they knew he was obstructing and withholding documents.

Edited by China

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Nooooooooo no no no no no nonononononopey nope nope nopity nopenope. Have you met @PleaseBlitz? Biden could be open mouth drooling in his soup but he’ll be here shortly to tell you that Biden is a spring chicken, he’s just getting broken in and he’s not too old.     

• Haha 1

Prong chicken or not, As long as he can still lay eggs he gets my vote!

Speaking of laying eggs…

Does this really matter? Did the trump documents really matter? How many “top secret” documents do we think a president sees every day? They found tens of the thousands that came across his desk? Consider me shocked.

Plus, I imagine that not every top secret document contains super juicey content. Probably most of it is rather mundane…. 

4 hours ago, China said:

We can just as easily question why the FBI didn't get called in to search Trump's other properties once they knew he was obstructing and withholding documents.

Because to do so, you have to convince a judge that you have probable cause that evidence of a specific crime are at that location.  

And I'm pretty sure that getting a search warrant for the private home of a former President has a high burden of proof.  In fact, I'm willing to bet that DOJ has a high burden of proof that has to be cleared, before they will allow someone to submit a request to a judge.  

(I once recall reading that the FBI has never in it's history been turned down for a warrant for a wiretap.  Because the FBI doesn't want to get turned down, or possibly risk creating a precedent that gets things thrown out.  Therefore, the FBI has standards that have to be met, before they are allowed to ask for a warrant.  And the FBI's standards are higher than the court's.  I'd be willing that the same thing applies to agents who want to search Trump's place(s).)

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nooooooooo no no no no no nonononononopey nope nope nopity nopenope. Have you met @PleaseBlitz? Biden could be open mouth drooling in his soup but he’ll be here shortly to tell you that Biden is a spring chicken, he’s just getting broken in and he’s not too old.     

Let me know when Biden is open mouth drooling in his soup or otherwise living up to your silly caricature. Until then, your narrative is tiresome. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, China said:

With Trump the National Archives requested the documents and when he didn't produce them all they subpoenaed him for them.  When he didn't fully comply with the subpoena and they had  evidence of obstruction, then they called the FBI to perform a search.

That is totally different from the Biden case in that as soon as the documents were found by Biden's lawyers they were turned in (they didn't have to be asked and didn't refuse to turn in any documents).  They continued to look (why? because they wan'ted to make sure there weren't any more lying around - why didn't Trump and his team do the same?) and found more (and then turned those in, again voluntarily).  The FBI was not called in because there was no evidence of obstruction or intentionally hiding or withholding documents.

I will never understand why trump didnt turn in all the documents requested. If he had legal authority to have them the courts would have gotten them back for him and if he didnt have authority working with the archives would have kept him out of legal trouble. But my question is how do lawyers without security clearance get to recover documents