Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at San Fran ~ A Christmas Reunion TV Special

TK
Message added by TK,

1161584152_ScreenShot2022-12-24at7_15_39PM.thumb.png.c507ff54669775b2ee2dcf7ea6ba4646.png

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

No, just like watching competence. Struggling to find any in this game today.

Washington needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot.   7-0 in thr 2nd qtr against the 49'ers on the road?  I'll take it.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

in the first half, or even first three quarters, I don’t even entertain the idea of not taking the points.  Leaving points on the field always makes the end of the game that much more difficult.  Take all points.  Stop going for two early as well.  Ron seems to specialize in leaving points on the field.  

And with a offense that’s averaging something close to 16 points a game? Against the best defense in the league? It’s just not a smart call in any way. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm talking about the fact that it's halfway through the second quarter and we have exactly zero points.

Yes the defense choked but they aren't going to keep everybody from scoring all game long.

Wtf are you talking about?

Yeah and SF also had exactly zero points until the defense shat the bed and allowed a 99 yard drive.  SF defense will not do that, I guarantee. Only elite defenses can hold opponents scoreless, so you are right....this defense will never do that.  No good defense gives up drives in the range of 90 yards 2 weeks in a row now.  A good defense makes a stop and helps us flip the field and set up the offense for a good opportunity.  If the offense screws that up...that's on them.

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You can kick a field goal up to the 33 yard-line.  You can't go for a touchdown anywhere but the 1.  They made the right call and ****ed it up.

let me know how many times this offense gets inside the 33 yard line against a great defense.  

• Like 1