Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Right. They weren’t actually in field goal range. 
and it was the end of half 

also you

Absolutely NOT “no harm no foul” territory. That would be if we weren’t in potential scoring range and it was the end of the half. 

you’re arguing with yourself bro 😂 

bro end of the half with a chance to move into scoring position. we got lucky that koo missed the field goal after the interception. i dunno how you don't see the fact they got a chance to kick a field goal to end the half as "didn't matter." it ended up not mattering, sure...but situationally, the interception was still objectively bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, markmills67 said:

Has there been more Washington fans going to home games since the Snyder is selling the team news came out?

Not sure what the numbers are but we have been winning and nothing, not even a bad owner can beat winning.

40 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

So accurate. There are very very few who think TH is the answer. There are a couple of loud ones who only post about TH and how bad he is during a 6-1 run

Wentz will be on his 4th team in as many seasons next year. 

TH will be around as Commanders backup, or maybe starter if they draft another qb/sign another FA or keep Howell on the bench. 

TH will never be even a mid tier starter, but I'd rather watch him play his guts out and get what he can from this team then watch Wentz stand still, throw huge bombs then ugly picks and take sacks. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The team never said statue. The media said statue. This type of media stuff is awful. And i think attacking dan here is a bad

look. This Sean setup is just like every other player focused item in the stadium. Now i think they should have done a statue and they really screwed this up. 

Call it what you want. Bottom line is that tribute is awful and disgraceful IMHO. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Right. They weren’t actually in field goal range. 
and it was the end of half 

also you

Absolutely NOT “no harm no foul” territory. That would be if we weren’t in potential scoring range and it was the end of the half. 

you’re arguing with yourself bro 😂 

This will be my last response to you, but I find your psychosis on this topic fascinating.

You think 10-12 yards in 24 seconds is that difficult? You even said we were “desperately trying to get into FG range” lol, like it’s some impossible task. 

The only reason they weren’t in FG range is because instead of an easy completion or two to wide open RBs, Heinicke threw that ugly INT. Stop hiding behind dumb technicalities and just be wrong, you’re mucking up the board. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Not sure what the numbers are but we have been winning and nothing, not even a bad owner can beat winning.

58 thousand something according to someone in the attendance thread. 

from my office on the field level, seems like whenever I heard the crowd cheer, it was for Washington doing something good, and never for the falcons, so there’s a plus

• Thanks 1

Just now, tomwvr said:

Not at all close to one of his worst games.  He has had really really awful games last season . This season the bad games have not been nearly as bad as the bad games

last year. He has gotten better but as many have said he is a solid back up but of the qbs on this roster he is the best one for the team as set up

A lot of stats have been thrown out in different threads that shows he's not much different from last year and no indication he is or can make giant leaps in any aspect of his game, let alone stats.

Team around him has improved far more then he has, what I see is a team less reliant on him, or nearly taking him out the game when he's having a bad one like they did today.

I'll never forget the Dallas games in 2021, but in all fairness, the whole team was getting curbstomped in those games, not jus him.  I've accepted giving him passes for those game, today it felt like we benched him without benching him, a different level of protecting him or limiting his bad play from costing the team the win, something we had a lot of trouble doing last year because the 2022 tram is clearly better then 2021.

There are parts of this team improving that have nothing to do with Taylor.  That doesn't mean he's getting better in anyway that can be tracked to say this is what to expect in 2023 and worthy of feeling any differently about him.  He'll also be 30.

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

For whatever reason Heinicke is what's best for the team right now. Can't explain why the team plays better when he's in but for whatever reason they do. 🤷‍♂️

Do they?  I mean, we don't really know that. 

When Wentz was playing the defense was just REALLY struggling, primarily because they hadn't dumped WJIII yet and they were figuring out how to play.  They actually got that together for the first time in the first Eagles game.

And the OL was just atrocious for the first 6 games.  Martin was rolling balls back to the QB or being rolled back to the QB himself. 

I think several things happened at the same time:

1. JDR and company figured out how to make the defense really good. This included dumping WJIII and playing St. Juste on the outside, as well as a real step forward for Jamin Davis.  

2. Robinson came back, allowing the team to run the ball more effectively between the tackles.  

3. The OL sorted itself out, to a fashion.  Turner got healthy, Larsen returned from the PUP, Norwell started playing a bit better.  Charles was relegated back to the bench.  

And amid all of this, Taylor Heinicke started to play.  And in conjunction with that, Scott Turner had to call 65% run plays because they don't want him to throw the ball because he makes idiotic decisions at least 2-3 times a game.

If Wentz didn't get hurt, all of the above would still have happened minus potentially the play calling, though I think they would have gone more to that anyway, especially if he was struggling.  

So, do they play better with TH?  Or is TH just the recipient of the good luck?

I rather think it's the latter. I can hear you out on the former, but I think it's the latter.  

• Like 6

Wentz has always been a good PA QB. I'm curious to see what he could do in a run heavy offense. The Colts were run heavy last year and Wentz's #s were pretty good. 

I think that might have been the plan going into the year but the OL injuries + Robinson getting shot kinda screwed that up early on. And I think Rivera is itching to try it again but simply can't bench Heinicke right now while the team is winning, even though Heinicke is contributing very little to it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

Can wentz still get 70% of the snaps?

Does playoffs count?

id rather miss the playoffs (assuming the reason he would be put in is because TH isn’t doing well and the playoffs are still a chance) than give up a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

unless wentz magically stops sucking it’s a team that gets its doors blown off in the playoffs either way. Why lose the pick too…

Because the goal for every season is to be a playoff team. As for draft position, you deal with that in the offseason. If they were willing to put the 2nd pick up as part of the trade, then they have to be ready to part with it. It's the old Vegas saying "You only gamble with money you expect to lose." 

9 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Call it what you want. Bottom line is that tribute is awful and disgraceful IMHO. 

It was and is disgraceful.

It also shows a disconnect with their interpretation of procieved goodwill.  Very, very low effort.

They could have easily commemorated the spot itself, and said it was the future site of a commissioned statue dedicated to Sean Taylor for the entirety of the commander franchise.. delivery TBD.

Folks would have grumbled that the statue wasn't commissioned last year, but would have been happy with the announcement and gesture of goodwill to all parties involved.

Edited by dc1
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do they?  I mean, we don't really know that. 

When Wentz was playing the defense was just REALLY struggling, primarily because they hadn't dumped WJIII yet and they were figuring out how to play.  They actually got that together for the first time in the first Eagles game.

And the OL was just atrocious for the first 6 games.  Martin was rolling balls back to the QB or being rolled back to the QB himself. 

I think several things happened at the same time:

1. JDR and company figured out how to make the defense really good. This included dumping WJIII and playing St. Juste on the outside, as well as a real step forward for Jamin Davis.  

2. Robinson came back, allowing the team to run the ball more effectively between the tackles.  

3. The OL sorted itself out, to a fashion.  Turner got healthy, Larsen returned from the PUP, Norwell started playing a bit better.  Charles was relegated back to the bench.  

And amid all of this, Taylor Heinicke started to play.  And in conjunction with that, Scott Turner had to call 65% run plays because they don't want him to throw the ball because he makes idiotic decisions at least 2-3 times a game.

If Wentz didn't get hurt, all of the above would still have happened minus potentially the play calling, though I think they would have gone more to that anyway, especially if he was struggling.  

So, do they play better with TH?  Or is TH just the recipient of the good luck?

I rather think it's the latter. I can hear you out on the former, but I think it's the latter.  

My only point was quite clear this was not his worst game with the team as the post i replied to stated.  And if you read my post about him i have been clear that he is a good back up qb.

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

If this team keeps winning their way into the Wildcard round we might actually have successfully instilled a new team culture amidst the team sale talk. Best case scenario 

That's an incredibly tuff thing for DP to say!

It was almost intimidating to read.

Please for the love of all that is good, let Daron Payne eat!

Edited by dc1
Punctuation.
  • Like 1

Payne, JSW and Davis won this game.

Maybe I'll go back to the defense thread and find all the people who were ranting about what a bust Davis was over the past year, desspite the coaches and other posters repeatedly saying he was a raw talent that would take time to learn and get comfortable and now he's the GD replacing Holcomb and playig amazig.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The big hats are dumb and I saw that living in a place where we actaully wear them for function.

Like a mating thing in a South American jungle somewhere?

Mexican pointy boots

Edited by dunfer