Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK

Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

We pass the ball with such low frequency now that its hard to get Dotson his touches. Most downfield throws will have McLaurin as the priority, with the underneath stuff being mostly Gibson and Samuel with now some Thomas plays now that he's getting his legs back. Turner is calling more safer throws(except for the downfield ones to McLaurin because he's elite and can make contested catches)out of necessity. 

The Jags game in the opener was an example of what this offense can do with a legitimate QB, but unfortunately we won't see that again in all likelihood.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

One thing that has been concerning, and I know there are a lot of capable receivers on offense, but based upon where we drafted Dotson, his speed, solid hands, Turner has to find a way to include him in this offense. One target per game is bull ****. It really is an issue.  And I am not just talking about this game. I get Heinike's limitations but come on. And when he did target him, it was a horrendous thrown. You expect, or at least I do, one INT a game from him, due to a boneheaded thrown. Could you imagine this team this year, if we had a QB that could just make some of these NFL throws?  

Taylor doesn’t look for him. Dotson is the only receiver Taylor has this year who he didn’t have last year so the chemistry isn’t there.

7 minutes ago, method man said:

Taylor doesn’t look for him. Dotson is the only receiver Taylor has this year who he didn’t have last year so the chemistry isn’t there.

So, he had chemistry with Bates last year? I don't think so. This year Bates has a total of 7 targets, over the past 5 games, 4 of which came in this game. So, Turner, if he can include Bates in a game plan, he can include Dotson in one. You work on developing that chemistry, by coming up with a few designed plays for Dotson at the beginning of the game, to get him involved.  Hopefully it will happen in New York. It would be very difficult for defenses if they had to account for both Terry and Johan, not to mention Samuels, and two TE's.  That is my main point.  What a waste of talent because frankly we have a very average QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

So, he had chemistry with Bates last year? I don't think so. This year Bates has a total of 7 targets, over the past 5 games, 4 of which came in this game. So, Turner, if he can include Bates in a game plan, he can include Dotson in one. You work on developing that chemistry, by coming up with a few designed plays for Dotson at the beginning of the game, to get him involved.  Hopefully it will happen in New York. It would be very difficult for defenses if they had to account for both Terry and Johan, not to mention Samuels, and two TE's.  That is my main point.  What a waste of talent because frankly we have a very average QB. 

We don't know if Turner isn't designing players for Dotson. It could be that Heinicke just doesn't go to him even when the play has him as the first read.

19 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

B Rob wearing that hat to support his friend reminds me of Seinfeld wearing the pirate shirt against his will knowing he looks ridiculous lol

Unfortunately, this is why a lot of rich folk go broke (not saying B Rob will). Everybody’s got a “great idea” they want you to support.

“Hey bruh, I got this great business idea, no way it fails… Hear me out… Giant Hats!!!??  We’ll be rich! I just need 100K seed money and you wear em after big wins… whadda ya say???”

Think Season 2 GIF by NBC

• Haha 2

On 11/28/2022 at 6:16 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

More like you are just making that up.

I actually think it’s pretty cool that for once this team seems to have luck on its side.  Lord knows we’ve experienced a lifetime of bad bounces, bad calls, bad you name it.  

This season we get word that Dan is looking to sell and all the sudden we find ourselves on the side of good luck rather than bad.  I’ll take it.

I still get paranoid every time Taylor drops back to pass, but I don’t wish him ill will. 

I get worried as well when he drops back. But as i said it feels like some on her wish him to fail. No clue why anyone would

want that. But that is how it comes over in text. Perhaps if folks were talking face to face the same feeling would not come across 

On 11/27/2022 at 11:05 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I haven’t seen anybody want us to lose to be right about Taylor.

He’s proving me right every week: he stinks.

But I get the side benefit that they are still winning. 

I like the winning.

I dont honestly care if I’m right or wrong.  Hell, I’d prefer to be wrong and have him be good.

But he’s bad.  

I’ll take the wins though.  

But even the reporters are saying they have a rabbits foot.  They are getting ridiculously lucky.  

I’ll take it.  

But it doesn’t make TH not suck. 

Did i not say much of his play is awful, and i dont know how he does it . Lets just enjoy it and hope he doesnt lose his lucky rabbits foot and horseshoe.

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

But as i said it feels like some on her wish him to fail. No clue why anyone would want that. But that is how it comes over in text. Perhaps if folks were talking face to face the same feeling would not come across

This sort of stuff needs to be attached to a quote of someone engaging in said perceived activity or just left off the boards imo. It’s the sort of stuff Jumbo’s been trying to get people to be more disciplined about with themselves because it just muddies the waters. I truly don’t see anyone (other than one notable stinker who wishes we were 3-9) who wishes Heinicke would fail. I see criticisms and concerns, which don’t fit your criteria. Let’s clean it up in here with this stuff 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

This sort of stuff needs to be attached to a quote of someone engaging in said perceived activity or just left off the boards imo. It’s the sort of stuff Jumbo’s been trying to get people to be more disciplined about with themselves because it just muddies the waters. I truly don’t see anyone (other than one notable stinker who wishes we were 3-9) who wishes Heinicke would fail. I see criticisms and concerns, which don’t fit your criteria. Let’s clean it up in here with this stuff 

Perhaps that one persons comments are messing with my perception. Ill quote going forward.  Thanks for the feedback

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Perhaps that one persons comments are messing with my perception. Ill quote going forward.  Thanks for the feedback

You aren’t alone in doing it, there are others.

The other infamous move is to respond to posts critical of Heinicke’s performance, that make zero mention of any other QB, with some semblance of:

”Let’s just put Wentz in so he can take a million SaCkz  with his rOcKet ArM”

Its like clockwork.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You aren’t alone in doing it, there are others.

The other infamous move is to respond to posts critical of Heinicke’s performance, that make zero mention of any other QB, with some semblance of:

”Let’s just put Wentz in so he can take a million SaCkz  with his rOcKet ArM”

Its like clockwork.

Just an fyi i would rather see howell if taylor is sent to the bench.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, Dan T. said:

What seems to have been missing from Heinicke's game are him taking off on runs.  His rush numbers have gone down every game since Indy:

Colts - 29 yds

Vikings - 17 yds

Eagles - 10 yds

Texans - 2 yds

Falcons -  -1 yd

Him taking off can be a headache for a defense and an effective drive extender.  It might be a function of having better protection from the line.  But I'd still like to see a bit more of it from him.

Okay now. I'm liking this development:

• Like 4