Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

7 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I'm glad that the right side pitch out that Hinie threw was just over the line of scrimmage or that could have been ugly.

doesn't have to be over the line, just has to be forward, and it was forward by a full yard

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Why because it seems some folks here cant enjoy the wins and seem to want us to lose just because taylor is in. Is he good not really but he is what we have and the level of wanting to see him fail from some folks here just makes no sense to me. I was silent throughout the game. Its like half the game day thread is taylor sucks ect.  When he tossed that int i made the comment awful pass. I know bad qb play when i see it. And alot of his is bad. But he some how wins games 10-4 in his last 14 starts. Its  nuts that he wins. But some wishing he would

not and seeing it all game is so depressing 

I haven’t seen anybody want us to lose to be right about Taylor.

He’s proving me right every week: he stinks.

But I get the side benefit that they are still winning. 

I like the winning.

I dont honestly care if I’m right or wrong.  Hell, I’d prefer to be wrong and have him be good.

But he’s bad.  

I’ll take the wins though.  

But even the reporters are saying they have a rabbits foot.  They are getting ridiculously lucky.  

I’ll take it.  

But it doesn’t make TH not suck. 

6 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Why because it seems some folks here cant enjoy the wins and seem to want us to lose just because taylor is in.

I never said that, I was at the game today cheering us on in the rain.

I'm tired of getting lumped in with other people when it comes to Taylor starting or not.  I want what's best for the team, said that repeatedly, even if it hurts players I like.

6 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Is he good not really but he is what we have and the level of wanting to see him fail from some folks here just makes no sense to me. I was silent throughout the game. Its like half the game day thread is taylor sucks ect.  When he tossed that int i made the comment awful pass. I know bad qb play when i see it. And alot of his is bad. But he some how wins games 10-4 in his last 14 starts. Its  nuts that he wins. But some wishing he would

not and seeing it all game is so depressing 

No one hopes he loses except for other fans that want what we are trying to take from them.

Do you feel I feel this way? Say that and quote because I never once said I hope Taylor loses.

I'm also strict anti-tank to point I felt totally isolated last year when I didn't want to lose to Dallas to increase our chances of getting Young.

You got a problem with what I say, that's fine, quote me and we can hash it out.  But don't take your frustration with something else out on me like we one in the same.

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Lol this hurts to read 

Hurts more to watch : )

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

We did not leave points on the board. There was only 24 seconds left and we were at midfield on a wet turf. We might have had to gotten 20 yards for a safe field goal.

And interceptions happen all the time with a defender you don’t see. Sure Taylor threw into heavy coverage but he took accountability for it. What do you want from him… an ounce of his blood for the mistake?

I could understand if that pick cost us the game so why nitpick over it. Jeez

Well that was around the time in the game our offense was rolling and we were picking up 4 or 5 yards a carry and with Heienke hitting the check downs at a positive lick like he was and his ability to scramble when there's nothing there, I guess I expected more in that situation. 

More doesn't always mean points necessarily but atleast be on top of the ball security and maybe even to give Joey a shot at a field goal.

That game was alot closer then it should've been IMO.  And whats going on with Jahon?  I'm worried because is he not fully 100%?  And if he is 100% (or as close as anyone could be at this point in the season) why does it seem like he can't gain separation from the defenders?  It's clear that we don't have a play in our arensol that we have displayed yet that will target him and get him the ball.

At training camp, Taylor was the first player out of the tunnel that evening.  The crowd erupted in applause.  He looked genuinely surprised.  I’ll cheer for whoever is playing, but I just don’t think Wentz is an upgrade right now. I honestly think Wentz stinks which is why he’s been traded around so much.  I would like to see TH remain our backup for next season.  How long until Howell is ready?  I think he should start if/when we are eliminated.

Edited by PolarExpress
  • Thumb up 2

24 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This question has been asked so many times that you'd think that he's a Pop Tart or a Hot Pocket or something. 

He's a rookie, jeez. Give the man some time.

Channeling the younger version of me living on my own for the first time and I believe the average hot pocket time is around 2:30 - 3:00 minutes. It’s safe to say Howell is ready

• Haha 1

What a strange team this is. The QB stinks, this is obvious, yet they keep winning when he plays. At some point that's gonna run out but it's fun to watch.  Not sure what happened with Brian Robinson.  For most of the season, from what I saw anyway, he just looked like an average or below average NFL starting RB.  But man has that changed.

This is only the 2nd game I've watched all the way through, things changed for me once I heard the news on the sale.  But I'm not fully invested and had planned on switching back and forth with the Ravens.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomwvr said:
8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Why because it seems some folks here cant enjoy the wins and seem to want us to lose just because taylor is in.

More like you are just making that up.

I actually think it’s pretty cool that for once this team seems to have luck on its side.  Lord knows we’ve experienced a lifetime of bad bounces, bad calls, bad you name it.  

This season we get word that Dan is looking to sell and all the sudden we find ourselves on the side of good luck rather than bad.  I’ll take it.

I still get paranoid every time Taylor drops back to pass, but I don’t wish him ill will. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, PolarExpress said:

How long until Howell is ready?  I think he should start if/when we are eliminated.

Apparently he’s not under consideration and won’t be until he eats his first steak or burger. Just eating chicken is being frowned upon by Ron.

I had wanted to see Robinson get a few targets to stop defenses being so easily able key on him only running between the tackles. We call that tough sledding inside. I am not sure he was the primary but seeing him getting targeted in the flat early in the game, trucking a DB, and scoring, brought us all tremendous joy. He went on for his first 100 yard game and think it set the tone early by throwing a curve ball at their DC.  Perine's entire tenure here we ran him inside only and ignored he had good hands and don't want to make that mistake again. Note: I miss FBs getting targets and destroying DBs.

Edited by RandyHolt

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Was that when you had the semi pro avatar and I quoted the movie and you flipped out thinking I was coming at you and you went full spaz? So ****ing dumb. :ols: You went full retard.

Total clown show. Ranch dressing does suck. 

I’ve never had a semi pro avatar.  Don’t remember who had that.

8 hours ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

That game was alot closer then it should've been IMO.  And whats going on with Jahon?  I'm worried because is he not fully 100%?  And if he is 100% (or as close as anyone could be at this point in the season) why does it seem like he can't gain separation from the defenders?  It's clear that we don't have a play in our arensol that we have displayed yet that will target him and get him the ball.

Dotson was the target on that pick but like I mentioned he was in heavy coverage but appeared to be open except for the lb sitting back in coverage. Give it some time but I agree we need to get him involved in the game plan. When Logan came back, he was barely targeted in the offense but he came around the last couple games. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Dotson was the target on that pick but like I mentioned he was in heavy coverage but appeared to be open except for the lb sitting back in coverage. Give it some time but I agree we need to get him involved in the game plan. When Logan came back, he was barely targeted in the offense but he came around the last couple games. 

I thought Dotson was between the zone defenders, the kind of spot where plenty of people get a catch and some YAC.

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

One thing that has been concerning, and I know there are a lot of capable receivers on offense, but based upon where we drafted Dotson, his speed, solid hands, Turner has to find a way to include him in this offense. One target per game is bull ****. It really is an issue.  And I am not just talking about this game. I get Heinike's limitations but come on. And when he did target him, it was a horrendous thrown. You expect, or at least I do, one INT a game from him, due to a boneheaded thrown. Could you imagine this team this year, if we had a QB that could just make some of these NFL throws?  

Edited by skinsmania123
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1