Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

Just now, Conn said:

Just say it was a bad INT that had consequences. Just say it, you’ll feel so much better being honest than posting what you are out of spite because you think people are being big bad meanies to Heinicke. Be free, brother. 

It was his stereotypical bad int, that came in a situation that didn’t matter. Any other situation that INT matters much more. 

It was my original post. You keep arguing because there’s something wrong with you and your attachment to a football forum 

You can't say the Heinicke pick didn't matter. Not only did it cost us a potential shot at a FG, it gave the Falcons the ball back with enough time and field position to potentially get into FG range themselves. Its not like he threw a pick on a hail mary with no time left. It was a potential 6 point swing of a pick. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

You can't say the Heinicke pick didn't matter. Not only did it cost us a potential shot at a FG, it gave the Falcons the ball back with enough time and field position to potentially get into FG range themselves. Its not like he threw a pick on a hail mary with no time left. It was a potential 6 point swing of a pick. 

Yeah, but his point is it didn’t matter as much because his point matters much more.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

There's a rule against all caps here, had to calm down to gather my thoughts...there's a difference between constructive criticism and outright *****ing and whinning.  Best believe there are players and coaches talking about what they could've done better after every game, that's normal...

🤣 My post was not directly pointed to you or anyone in particular.  Just funny as hell to watch/read the posts that go haywire. When in reality, it was a win and propels this team into playoff contention.

That coupled with the sale of the team from the pertutual loser should have fans at least somewhat content. But not here....aw hell naw.

Personally,  I have a smile that couldn't be slapped off my face (and honestly I hadn't had that with this team since the 80s and early 90s. So I'll take it.

HTTR!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just have this sinking feeling is about to come crashing down

Oh it definitely is. But that’s fine because we’re seeing there’s something solid worth keeping and working on. 

as opposed to something that needs to be thrown out the window as soon as the season is over. 

It yeah this ends with us either barely missing the playoffs or running into an actual top team in the playoffs and it not being very fun :(

just enjoy the ride and hope snyder sells the team :( 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

It was his stereotypical bad int, that came in a situation that didn’t matter. Any other situation that INT matters much more. 

It was my original post. You keep arguing because there’s something wrong with you and your attachment to a football forum 

But anyone who watches football knows that it did matter. That’s what I’ve argued. A ten yard completion there, or multiple shorter completions, sets up a realistic ~50 yard FG. 

The Falcons did almost the same thing with even less time on the clock, and from further out. You’re just playing dumb because for some reason you’re in the mood to be a dick. There are zero situations in which you’re correct here. One or two completions and that’s FG range. 

My attachment to a football forum? What are you on about, just be wrong and move on, your original post about the INT being “no harm, no foul” in a tie game made no sense whatsoever. No need to get your feelings hurt, you can be sure I won’t pay attention to your posts going forward, there’s no point talking to someone who puts obvious effort into being unobjective. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That’s all I’ve been saying. It’s not even debatable. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A lot of us are realists.  We know what we just saw.  

My first post after the win was “a win is a win and I’m happy about it.”

As long as it keeps happening, great. 

I just have this sinking feeling is about to come crashing down.  

I get you, VOR. And completely understand the reasoning behind it.

I reckon I just miss the good old days of enjoying a hard fought win for the good guys without all the bull**** behind it.

Then again, that was before social media.....damn, I'm getting old.

Nevermind, carry on.

HTTR!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Yeah, but his point is it didn’t matter as much because his point matters much more.

No. The point is losing out on a chance at (cause we were still not in field goal range) 3 points, and having the other teams drive stall because they’re out of time and you go into halftime still tied is almost best case scenario for a turnover. 

best case would be you get it back next play , but there really wasn’t time for that. 

for a guy that throws bad internet seemingly every game, that was a bout the best we could hope for. It resulted in no actual damage. 

and since we weren’t in potential scoring range you can’t just dock 3 points. We needed another 10 yards to be in potential scoring position with a very long kick. 

I find it hilarious some of you have such a difficult time understanding this. 😆 

All this Wentz vs TH talk, and who should start, you guys are all missing the easy solution.  Play them BOTH!  

Talk about confusing the defense.   How could they prepare for that?  Shotgun formation, with Wentz and heinecke next to each other. 

The defense needs to account for the deep part of the field, bc Wentz had a cannon.  But maybe they should focus on underneath routes, bc that's all TH can throw. 

Should they blitz, because wentz is a statue.  No, better rush 4 and add a spy, bc TH can move.   

Should we take the next play off, Wentz teammates hate him after all.  But what if TH ends up throwing it, the team really rallies around him. 

We can't respect this QB, he looked like Ronald McDonald in the presser.  But look at the QB next to him, he is so fresh and so clean with Jordans to match every outfit.

Sometimes, the answer is obvious and right in front of us and we are too blind to see it.  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, tshile said:

No. The point is losing out on a chance at (cause we were still not in field goal range) 3 points, and having the other teams drive stall because they’re out of time and you go into halftime still tied is almost best case scenario for a turnover. 

best case would be you get it back next play , but there really wasn’t time for that. 

for a guy that throws bad internet seemingly every game, that was a bout the best we could hope for. It resulted in no actual damage. 

and since we weren’t in potential scoring range you can’t just dock 3 points. We needed another 10 yards to be in potential scoring position with a very long kick. 

I find it hilarious some of you have such a difficult time understanding this. 😆 

You’re wrong. That’s that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think most of the typical criticisms of heinie remain accurate when limited to the qb position.

I think that team wise, it's appropriate to embrace the winning as a good thing and Taylor is a part of that, team-wise, too, as are coaching schemes and our run game .

What ifs (like what if we had a truly high level player at qb) spun from such performances are expected and natural.

Often in reality, seemingly conflicting truths can coexist in a matter.

Taylor has multiple shortcomings and harder to define positives in terms of clearly obvious traits (unlike his shortcomings).

But I really have no desire to see wentz again "asap."

I think you let heinie play until he clearly ****s the bed a couple games and then see Howell (which they have given no sign is likely) or go ahead and play with wentz if the staff absolutely thinks they need to before making a decision on him. I hope if they do play him again under any scenario it becomes quickly clear why they felt there was something yet to see.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, dunfer said:

So do playoff games count toward wentz snap %? Didn’t see an answer to that ?

I'm not sure.

But I read (somewhere on this forum or reddit) that Wentz had to start this game at the half and be under center for 72 snaps for each remaining game to clear 70%.

I think we are in the clear unless TH injures himself while trying on his new Jordans.

Just now, mh86 said:

You’re wrong. That’s that.

Throwing a pick when you’re outside of field goal range, trying desperately to get into field goal range before the clock expires, and the subsequent opponents drive stalling out into halftime, is a great result for the 1 awful pick he is essentially guaranteed to throw. 

you have to give up a pick every game with this guy. so, take the ones that don’t mean anything whenever you get the chance. 

and if being a few plays away from actually being able to kick a really long field goal, is “in potential scoring range” to you all then every drive starts in potential scoring range 😂 

14 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

🤣 My post was not directly pointed to you or anyone in particular.  Just funny as hell to watch/read the posts that go haywire. When in reality, it was a win and propels this team into playoff contention.

That coupled with the sale of the team from the pertutual loser should have fans at least somewhat content. But not here....aw hell naw.

Personally,  I have a smile that couldn't be slapped off my face (and honestly I hadn't had that with this team since the 80s and early 90s. So I'll take it.

HTTR!

I get it...in context... : )

Jus in context, I also see a surprisingly well put together football team with a lot of young players coming into their own at the same time.

I feel entirely differently about this team then I did two month ago.

I've said this latetly, but im ready to jus focus on the winning right now and not blow gaskets on these QB decisions.  Every indication now is the 2023 starter isnt on the roster, and that conundrum no matter how badly i wanted to avoid it inevitable now.

I may snap and point out the difference between Taylor doing enough to win versus the team having to win without him, or in spite of him.  It's frustrating thinking about what this team could be with consistent QB play, there are players playing lights out right now...so I'm nervous of the hammer dropping on a roster clearly getting held back right now.

When you see it every week, it's hard to ignore or act like it isn't real.  Today is a more egregious verison of what i saw against the Colts because there was no "holy cow, how did that happen" play that typically helps push Taylor over 200 yards passing for the game.

We could lose a lot of young talent chasing mediocre QBs on bad contracts.  I jus wish Ron would say he's outright considering drafting a first round QB this year, I'll sleep better and bother me less who starts in 2022.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Throwing a pick when you’re outside of field goal range, trying desperately to get into field goal range before the clock expires, and the subsequent opponents drive stalling out into halftime, is a great result for the 1 awful pick he is essentially guaranteed to throw. 

you have to give up a pick every game with this guy. so, take the ones that don’t mean anything whenever you get the chance. 

and if being a few plays away from actually being able to kick a really long field goal, is “in potential scoring range” to you all then every drive starts in potential scoring range 😂 

I see you’re still wrong, but keep going it’s entertaining.

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

All this Wentz vs TH talk, and who should start, you guys are all missing the easy solution.  Play them BOTH!  

Talk about confusing the defense.   How could they prepare for that?  Shotgun formation, with Wentz and heinecke next to each other. 

The defense needs to account for the deep part of the field, bc Wentz had a cannon.  But maybe they should focus on underneath routes, bc that's all TH can throw. 

Should they blitz, because wentz is a statue.  No, better rush 4 and add a spy, bc TH can move.   

Should we take the next play off, Wentz teammates hate him after all.  But what if TH ends up throwing it, the team really rallies around him. 

We can't respect this QB, he looked like Ronald McDonald in the presser.  But look at the QB next to him, he is so fresh and so clean with Jordans to match every outfit.

Sometimes, the answer is obvious and right in front of us and we are too blind to see it.  

It’s so crazy it just might work. 

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

But anyone who watches football knows that it did matter. That’s what I’ve argued. A ten yard completion there, or multiple shorter completions, sets up a realistic ~50 yard FG. 

Right. They weren’t actually in field goal range. 
and it was the end of half 

also you

Absolutely NOT “no harm no foul” territory. That would be if we weren’t in potential scoring range and it was the end of the half. 

you’re arguing with yourself bro 😂 

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

In fairness, I've been saying Talyor wasn't good enough before Wentz even got here.

I stand by my belief that Wentz isn't worse then what we saw today.

If there was ever a game we basically won in spite of Taylor, it was this one.  Points I'd expect at least a screen, they did a draw.  It had gotten to the point they were reeling back plays for Taylor today. Part of that was the conditions, part of that he really was having a bad game, as bad as any since he's been here.

It's heat of moment to stick with this guy jus because we are winning.  That's why Ron has gone from picking someone for the season to week to week, not actually writing Wentz off.

Is Ron buffoonishly wrong to do take that approach?

Not at all close to one of his worst games.  He has had really really awful games last season . This season the bad games have not been nearly as bad as the bad games

last year. He has gotten better but as many have said he is a solid back up but of the qbs on this roster he is the best one for the team as set up

• Like 1