Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

The people that were selling the idea Wentz was any good, have resorted to constantly talking about how TH isn’t good enough

it’s their copping mechanism for being so loudly and buffoonishly wrong 

So accurate. There are very very few who think TH is the answer. There are a couple of loud ones who only post about TH and how bad he is during a 6-1 run

• Like 1

It seems like we have no chance of winning until a Hive INT. First and 2nd half. Can't explain it but we win with INTs better than many teams I can remember. 

Maybe the INTs make the defense pull up their bootstraps. Or JDR be more aggressive.

Edited by RandyHolt

Just now, tshile said:

It’s a 62 yard field goal

sorry you don’t understand what words mean and how which ones you choose and which order you put them in determines what you’re saying 

?? with 24 seconds you have plenty of time for a completion or two to get closer. Making it potential scoring range. You know, if you don’t airball a horrid INT instead. 

All I’ve argued the entire time is that it was not in any way a “no harm, no foul” type INT which is what you called it. Especially after they almost got a FG themselves due to the turnover.

Try to find a loophole in my words all you want, all it does is make you insufferable as well as wrong, instead of just wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, RandyHolt said:

It seems like we have no chance of winning until a Hive INT. First and 2nd half. Can't explain it but we win when with INTs better than many teams I can remember. 

That or when we shat our collective pants in the first half and have to play catch up late in the 3rd.

• Like 1

Just now, RandyHolt said:

It seems like we have no chance of winning until a Hive INT. First and 2nd half. Can't explain it but we win when with INTs better than many teams I can remember. 

Our defense is good enough to withstand one turnover. 

Heinicke had like 150 yards passing today and threw a pick and was close to another. His TDs were a short pass that Robinson scored by sheer will and a wide open Bates off a play action. Not sure he really gets any credit but he didn't actively kill our chances of winning besides the pick. He was kinda just along for the ride today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

?? with 24 seconds you have plenty of time for a completion or two to get closer. Making it potential scoring range. You know, if you don’t airball a horrid INT instead. 

All I’ve argued the entire time is that it was not in any way a “no harm, no foul” type INT which is what you called it. Especially after they almost got a FG themselves due to the turnover.

Try to find a loophole in my words all you want, all it does is make you insufferable as well as wrong, instead of just wrong. 

well we’re back to that pesky fact that if you have to make additional plays to actually be in potential scoring position, then you are not currently in potential scoring position 

and according to you, it wasn’t a big deal if we weren’t in potential scoring position

therefore it’s not a big deal. Which is what I said. 

and you said!

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Our defense is good enough to withstand one turnover. 

Heinicke had like 150 yards passing today and threw a pick and was close to another. His TDs were a short pass that Robinson scored by sheer will and a wide open Bates off a play action. Not sure he really gets any credit but he didn't actively kill our chances of winning besides the pick. He was kinda just along for the ride today.

That first scoring drive (4-4 with all +15 in the air passes) was beautiful though. 

Right?

Can I get an amen (just for that drive)?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

The people that were selling the idea Wentz was any good, have resorted to constantly talking about how TH isn’t good enough

it’s their copping mechanism for being so loudly and buffoonishly wrong 

In fairness, I've been saying Talyor wasn't good enough before Wentz even got here.

I stand by my belief that Wentz isn't worse then what we saw today.

If there was ever a game we basically won in spite of Taylor, it was this one.  Points I'd expect at least a screen, they did a draw.  It had gotten to the point they were reeling back plays for Taylor today. Part of that was the conditions, part of that he really was having a bad game, as bad as any since he's been here.

It's heat of moment to stick with this guy jus because we are winning.  That's why Ron has gone from picking someone for the season to week to week, not actually writing Wentz off.

Is Ron buffoonishly wrong to do take that approach?

Edited by Renegade7

I'm fine with Rivera sticking with Heinicke until we either lose or he just has an absolute disaster of a game. This way he doesn't potentially lose the locker room if they truly are rallying behind Heinicke(I don't personally buy that, I think Heinicke's insertion into the lineup just happened to coincide with the defense playing its best ball).

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Can wentz still get 70% of the snaps?

Does playoffs count?

id rather miss the playoffs (assuming the reason he would be put in is because TH isn’t doing well and the playoffs are still a chance) than give up a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

unless wentz magically stops sucking it’s a team that gets its doors blown off in the playoffs either way. Why lose the pick too…

Edited by tshile

Just now, tshile said:

Can wentz still get 70% of the snaps?

Does playoffs count?

id rather miss the playoffs than give up a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

unless wentz magically stops sucking it’s a team that gets its doors blown off in the playoffs either way. Why lose the pick too…

I think we're officially safe on that front unless we have some crazy game where we take like 90 snaps or something.

Want to add this is first game I legit felt Robinson was as good in different ways as Gibson...

One run he got all way outside and wad able to turn up I felt I finally saw what made them draft him, left alone the hitting people harder then they hit him over and over...

Now...this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Is Ron buffoonishly wrong to do take that approach?

Hot hand and all that jazz...

But I believe the ongoing hope in the building is that TH will grow from the snaps and in-game experience and that he will improve (even if it's marginally).

Unfortunately, that in the flat int before the half was a heart breaker (not a tip and did not appear to be rout miscommunication).

It's the type of mistake that you would hope he was beyond;  in that moment when ball protection is paramount, you just can't let it happen.

• Like 1

• TK unfeatured this topic
1 minute ago, skinsfan4128 said:

So love ES. Get a big win, and the ****ing continues.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

HTTR!

There's a rule against all caps here, had to calm down to gather my thoughts...there's a difference between constructive criticism and outright *****ing and whinning.  Best believe there are players and coaches talking about what they could've done better after every game, that's normal...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

well we’re back to that pesky fact that if you have to make additional plays to actually be in potential scoring position, then you are not currently in potential scoring position 

and according to you, it wasn’t a big deal if we weren’t in potential scoring position

therefore it’s not a big deal. Which is what I said. 

and you said!

Just say it was a bad INT that had consequences. Just say it, you’ll feel so much better being honest than posting what you are out of spite because you think people are being big bad meanies to Heinicke. Be free, brother. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

So love ES. Get a big win, and the ****ing continues.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

HTTR!

A lot of us are realists.  We know what we just saw.  

My first post after the win was “a win is a win and I’m happy about it.”

As long as it keeps happening, great. 

I just have this sinking feeling is about to come crashing down.  

• Like 1