Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

19 minutes ago, profusion said:

This guy dials up the empty corporate jargon all the way to 10. Wow.

I've been taking everything he says with a grain of salt, for a while now.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1

Were going to find out that someone worse than Danny is buying the team on April 1st, accept it's not a joke.

We are Redskins fans, we can't have nice things 

The new owner of the Washington Comrades.... Vladimir Putin

Edited by DiscoBob

13 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He wouldn’t have tried to buy 40% previously and wouldn’t have brought Jay Z in with him if he wasn’t serious about Washington.

I wasn’t aware Bezos previously tried to buy the minority shares in the Redskins / Commanders.  Link?

14 hours ago, profusion said:

"Calibrate the strategic vision". This guy dials up the empty corporate jargon all the way to 10. Wow.

I cannot stand listing to this bag of hot air.   Incompetent boob.   

People laying all his ineptitude on Dan Snyder are making it too easy on this guy.  This guy has failed again and again in ways that don't involve Dan.  Dan can mandate something needs to be done, but the actual execution on that mandate is up to Wright.  I pray the new owners kick this guy to the curb instead of giving him a "try out".  He's already demonstrated plenty of ineptitude.   

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I think Jason Wright gets more sh!t than he probably deserves. He walks into a failing business run by an incompetent owner for more than 20 years. I'm sure there are things he has down that improved the organization.

Name a single thing he has done to improve the organization? He has repeatedly lied directly to the fans. 

Let’s not kid ourselves. Bruce was the ultimate insider and beyond connected at NFL HQ. I don’t think Jason provides even 5% of the value that Bruce did. I am not saying it in jest. Football side aside which Jason is not involved with, Bruce was far superior. It’s not debatable.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Commander PK said:

RFK definitely seems to be 100% in play for the new stadium.  Exciting times 

Assuming this isn’t an April Fools thing, I’d like to remind everybody Jack Kent Cooke + 3 Lombardi’s, 4 NFC Championships and a rabid fan base couldn’t convince DC and the Feds to build a stadium on the RFK site.  The city and federal governments are a complete epic disaster and there is no certainty that even if God themselves descended from the clouds and stated the new stadium would go on the RFK site it’s far from certain it would actually happen.  

51 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Name a single thing he has done to improve the organization? He has repeatedly lied directly to the fans. 

Let’s not kid ourselves. Bruce was the ultimate insider and beyond connected at NFL HQ. I don’t think Jason provides even 5% of the value that Bruce did. I am not saying it in jest. Football side aside which Jason is not involved with, Bruce was far superior. It’s not debatable.

Bear in mind what day it is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

I think Jason Wright gets more sh!t than he probably deserves. He walks into a failing business run by an incompetent owner for more than 20 years ....

... waves his arms around, speaks in platitudes and cliches, that end up being just a bunch of crap that sounds good, and people don't like him. 

I just don't get it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

... waves his arms around, speaks in platitudes and cliches, that end up being just a bunch of crap that sounds good, and people don't like him. 

I just don't get it.

Typical Dunning-Kruger, he's hopeless. ;)

Edited by FrFan

Getting the years of the Super Bowls wrong had nothing to do with Dan Snyder.

Wright is a stooge and an empty suit who was parachuted in by the League office for PR. He’s probably counting down the days till he can leave for greener pastures.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

30 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I didn’t say Bruce was good. I said he was better than Jason Wright. I don’t think that’s debatable actually. 

While it’s only my conjecture - I tend to believe that Jason Wright was a plant from the NFL and was part of its plan to start the process to get Danny to sell.  No proof, but the NFL knew that Danny was a huge problem and it was going to require some inside help.

As for Jason’s competency - I have been extremely disappointed, but how much is that from having to take direction from Dan and Tanya (the “dynamic duo”)?

6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

From my read - this article speculated that Bezos might be interested.  I haven’t seen anything that specifically had him making an offer.  

The only offer that I remember seeing for the 40% share was from Jose Feliciano and another person from Clearlake Capital, which Dan of course turned down.

2 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

I think Jason Wright gets more sh!t than he probably deserves. He walks into a failing business run by an incompetent owner for more than 20 years. I'm sure there are things he has down that improved the organization.

Maybe, but the Taylor family taking a picture in front of porta potties and the sloppiness of the unveiling of the team name stick out. Those were amateurish mistakes. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 3

Bruce was not just better than Wright but also Lafemina in the context of pushing Dan to sell the team because without his epic level incompetence we would unlikely be at this place.

The fact that he was a walking misstatement waiting to happen, blowing the stadium search, blowing trade after trade, and did it all with a buffonish-smug aura about himself while helping oversee the worst culture in the NFL -- all of it was the perfect storm to help chase the fan base away. 

Dan was the captain pushing the Titanic right into the iceberg -- an Bruce came along to help speed that boat faster right into iceberg.  It was sort of the incompetent version of Batman and Robin and they both brought the worst out of each other.  At the time it was torture but now it feels like magic because it got us here.

A bunch of us could see it coming a mile way at the time and talked about it on the FO thread in real time.  It didn't take much insight at the time.  But heck even we didn't think saw he'd end up the most unpopular GM-Team President of all time -- ultimately he easily fared worse than Cerrato in any fan poll i've seen in recent years. 

Aside from Dan I don't think anyone will even eclipse Bruce as being the most despised figure associated to that era.  Dan clearly tried to rally around the hate for Bruce to escape his own bad reputation but heck as bad as Bruce was, no one touched Dan's level of bad, no one even close, not even Bruce, so his tactic failed. 

And none of this is sarcastic -- Bruce was the perfect storm of incompetence to basically finish off Dan.  Thank you Bruce for basically doubling up on the already existing culture of incompetence and smugness and sleaze (though I am sorry for how the sleaze hurt people) because we wouldn't be here if not for that where Dan now has to sell.  

I recall Sheehan used to say the FO at the time led by Bruce from what he heard had no clue that how much they were despised until they polled it.  Their FO was both delusional and arrogant.

My two favorite stories about Bruce.

A.  Keim writing a story years back about how they are losing fans.  Bruce was pissed about and told Keim he has no idea what he was talking about.

B.  He asked the local media for tips and advice about getting in the good graces of fans.  And Chris Russell who was part of that meeting told Bruce how were they were struggiling with fans and Bruce got pissed at Russell and hence they had a feud from that point on. 

I talked years ago that even with my very limited knowledge about stadiums.  I worked in the legislature where an outfit was lobbying for one and I helped an associate friend who was pushing for one years later -- that the stories about how Bruce was approaching the stadium quest seemed odd at best.  And I laid out why years back.    Him failing at it, wasn't hard to see coming.  What didn't he fail at?

I'd put my money on Jason Wright or heck name any random fan here as to doing better than Bruce at getting a stadium or for that matter not making a fool of themselves in name that press conference.  It got funny at the end Bruce seemed almost as afraid as to Dan to talk. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1