Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

30 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

My one hope is this was a directive from Bank of America to Snyder to make it public that he won't interfere so Bezos can return to the table with a clear mind.

None of this is done in public. The BofA guys communicate with the Allen and Company guys. Bezos isn’t doing a thing publicly. It will be his formally soon enough. It was his the day he hired Allen and Company. Everything else has been a formality. 

Screw Dan Snyder. If you ran the organization like it is supposed to be run, you'd have no trouble getting 6 billion. You most likely wouldn't have to sell either. You created this mess. Suck it up buttercup.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Nobody is negotiating the finances in public, but it’s very possible they are negotiating the PR win.

Dan wants the story to be that he got Bezos to overpay because he got one over on him by pretending not to sell.

Jeff wants the story to be that he has no time for petty games and will not be bullied into anything.

By my count, if it matters, Jeff has now taken the PR lead 

7 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Whether Bezos was allowed to bid from the beginning wouldn't have changed the final price in my opinion. Snyder is just a buffoon.

I disagree on this one. Harris said in an interview previously that he dropped out as soon as Walton was in on the Broncos and would have gone to 5 billion but didn’t want to compete with Walton. 

The market set itself without Bezos and now he can come in and wrap it up. Snyder can claim to the Euros on his yacht he made Bezos sweat and drove up the price, got the biggest price in human history for a sports franchise blah blah blah. It’s a win win for everyone. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Ron talks too much.

It will be an interesting conversation Ron will have with his new boss. He knows He's dead man walking. Only a playoff appearance saves his ass for a year. If he comes back for 24, he will just coach out his final year. I don't see any extension. He also knows a slow start and he's gone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I disagree on this one. Harris said in an interview previously that he dropped out as soon as Walton was in on the Broncos and would have gone to 5 billion but didn’t want to compete with Walton. 

The market set itself without Bezos and now he can come in and wrap it up. Snyder can claim to the Euros on his yacht he made Bezos sweat and drove up the price, got the biggest price in human history for a sports franchise blah blah blah. It’s a win win for everyone. 

This is logical to me. Honestly, the only potential indicator that Bezos won’t get the team is the rumor that he may dive back in on Amazon to right the ship. He’s lost a ton of his wealth and may want it fix it. If not for that, I think he’s clearly the guy to beat, if he wants it, and every indication is he does. 

• Like 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

It will be an interesting conversation Ron will have with his new boss. He knows He's dead man walking. Only a playoff appearance saves his ass for a year. If he comes back for 24, he will just coach out his final year. I don't see any extension. He also knows a slow start and he's gone.

"Ron, that's for coming in. Just from your perspective. Tell me all your thoughts on the front office side and the coaching side from your perspective these past few years...."

"Ok, that's a lot of great feedback. Here is what I''m thinking, Ron. Let's take most of this front office stuff off your plate. I want you to do what you do best (wink), coach. We're going to work on the front office immediately. If you need a certain time of player or training/med staff change. You come to us and we'll figure out what the right path is. But I don't want you worrying about contracts or anything off the field. Great. Talk soon"

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Frankly, I love this. It shows he's not going to kowtow and he believes in what he is doing. It may not mesh with the new owner, but I love this confidence and conviction.

Meh, he says that. But if he's starting Howell and then doesn't let him work through growing pains. Then he's doing what he did last season, and not believing in his choices while making changes"

• Like 1

I guess I feel differently than most on the "overpaying" for this franchise;

If you have the money and are not mortgaging everything you have to buy the team then why not?

Once in a lifetime opportunity to own something that you may feel is the dream of your lifetime that may never be up for sale ever again.

What the hell else you going to do with that money that you haven't already bought?

Opportunity to shape one of the most prestigious sporting organizations in the world. 

Ten years from now it will be worth more than you paid for it.

The only downside is Snyder thinking he got over on you? No, I would not care in the least what that idiot thinks. I own my dream, I'm building this the way I want to.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Meh, he says that. But if he's starting Howell and then doesn't let him work through growing pains. Then he's doing what he did last season, and not believing in his choices while making changes"

So if he does a bad job later then later he'll be doing a bad job, agreed.

I was commenting on what he just did/is doing.

• Haha 1

My Take on the whole landscape which has been said by smarter people than me.

(The Team reminds me of an older example. 

Past GLORY Redskins= Young Hot Britney Spears.

Current Team = Mental Breakdown Bald Britney.

The 3D financial chess players to Tiny DAN'cer. Don't leak anything about Bezos. Ignore him, maybe he comes to the table.

Tiny DAN'cer "flicking dust bunnies on the kitchen floor" player.

I just read this book Reverse psychology for dummies. Leaks, I would never sell to Bezo.

I think if Sexy Seattle wasn't standing behind Mental Breakdown Bald Brittney, he takes a shot at the huge makeover, face-lift, long rehab project.

Bezo, thank you for your advice, I won't place a bid. 

Harris/Rales - Have the sentimental spirit to make Britney hot again.

Canadien Steve A2S- NFL shill to get the price up for other owners. Or, randomly throwing mud at everything. He has placed bids on 2 other sports entities. Reminds me of the Dad who just signed up on Facebook and is liking every photo he sees.

Tilman Fertitta- Just wants pub. Reminds me of Shark Tank guy that goes on the show not to get a deal just wants the pub.

I'm sure none of this makes sense so.

HAIL and ***K Tiny DAN'cer 

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Not sure how Daniel is just coming to this realization but whatever. 

So Dan, through his marionette Gasparino, has now entered the Grovelling stage of the sales process.

This is good news as soon he will realize there is no white knight coming to bestow him with excess riches beyond what has been offered already and all that will be left is the humbling final Stage of Acceptance, in which he is forced to take the best offer available, which seems, by all reasonable accounts, to be from Harris/Rales.

Soon my children, soon…

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

So if he does a bad job later then later he'll be doing a bad job, agreed.

I was commenting on what he just did/is doing.

This is par for the course with him. Saying the right think in March should be easy. That's why it's shocking when misses easy layups.

It's not that he can't do a bad job or needs to do a good job. He needs to do an amazing expectations destroying job next year, I think, not to be replaced as HC. Him as basically defacto GM will be over as soon as possible under new ownership. Since Mike Holgrem in Seattle. We see it not work much more than it does in sports. Coaches with too much authority.

Supposition: This is Dan’s final gambit to get “he who shall not be named” involved in bidding.

Prediction 1: It will fail.

Prediction 2: The Harris/Rales group will be announced as the winning bid pending league approval and final negotiations no later than Monday.

Why? Snyder has waited as long as he can. It will take at least a month to wrap up all remaining details and signing bonuses for players like Daron and our free agents start coming due in May. Snyder wants to be long gone by then.

20 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

So Dan, through his marionette Gasparino, has now entered the Grovelling stage of the sales process.

I think Snyder is going through the stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

I guess I feel differently than most on the "overpaying" for this franchise;

If you have the money and are not mortgaging everything you have to buy the team then why not?

Once in a lifetime opportunity to own something that you may feel is the dream of your lifetime that may never be up for sale ever again.

What the hell else you going to do with that money that you haven't already bought?

Opportunity to shape one of the most prestigious sporting organizations in the world. 

Ten years from now it will be worth more than you paid for it.

The only downside is Snyder thinking he got over on you? No, I would not care in the least what that idiot thinks. I own my dream, I'm building this the way I want to.

This is only true if you are talking about THIS organization and you think any of these potential owners care about the Washington franchise that passionately. Otherwise, it's been proven that NFL franchises come up for sale much more often than many realized. In fact, they seem to come available every 2-3 years, on average, over the past couple decades. 

12 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is only true if you are talking about THIS organization and you think any of these potential owners care about the Washington franchise that passionately. Otherwise, it's been proven that NFL franchises come up for sale much more often than many realized. In fact, they seem to come available every 2-3 years, on average, over the past couple decades. 

Not one in a market that matters (with a competent owner) such as NY x 3, Cali x 3, Wash and Dal.

Edited by spjunkies