Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Just now, Est.1974 said:

In reality, the purchase of an NFL franchise isn’t quite the norm is it. The biggest challenge here is meeting the league set purchase criteria re % cash, % debt etc. It’s just about getting in the door. 

This is part business, part toy, part ego stimulator. 

Yep NFL rules around ownership of a franchise make this non typical. If you can get in though as long as the media deals keep growing (and you are not a complete dumbass) its essentially a license to print money.

• Like 2

The funniest posts in this thread are @Voice_of_Reason destroying Rick Snider. Poor guy's just sitting in his house, collecting Social Security and asking us for 2 mins and meanwhile VoR bursts in like the Kool-Aid Man and eviscerates the man.

Runner-up is watching @Skinsinparadise slowly radicalize into @SoCalSkins for Josh Harris and Mitchell Rales. They kick butt at everything!!!

We're all losing our minds in here. 💀

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Runner-up is watching @Skinsinparadise slowly radicalize into @SoCalSkins for Josh Harris and Mitchell Rales. They kick butt at everything!!!💀

I don't think I am anywhere near as radical. :ols:  I got a bride and a brides maid in this fight and heck am even ok with the others if must be.  That's not nearly the same for Socal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

You previously said the value was in the books in the post before this one. When I pointed out that he passed in the Broncos, you are now speculating well he wants the team but do we really know if he wants it. 

You should try actually reading what you respond to, from the beginning, rather than skimming for points to argue. If you go back to the first post of mine that you quoted, I said in the first paragraph that I do believe he has interest in the team. But that I couldn’t quantify how much, neither could anyone else, and he may have other reasons for wanting to get a look at the books behind the scenes. My argument is that even allowing that he obviously has some level of interest in the team—it’s impossible to know just how much interest that is. For instance, on a scale of 1-10…I don’t believe that contracting a banker and signing the NDA necessarily indicates a “10” on that scale, just some level of interest.

Your contention is that since he has contracted a banker and signed the NDA, that means he’s 100% in, no holding back, sight unseen? Nothing in the books could make him hesitate or question the investment because the very fact he’s interested at all implies he’s 100% jumping in with both feet? 

That’s where we disagree. I think there’s plenty that could turn him off, and he’s having his research done for him so he can see just HOW interested he is.  

To simplify it further, I can imagine a reality where Snyder wants and allows him to bid and Bezos decides not to. That reality seems impossible to you, I guess? 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

So back to Bezos, does he want the team or not ? I mean, he’s got the wealth. He’s had several months now to blow the whole thing up. 

As a fan base, we’re bored and sick of crap right ? So either pony up or let someone else rid us of Dan.

Bezos, no need to play us is there, no need to play this like a pure business transaction, or like a game with Dan. 

Just step up. Right?

Just now, Est.1974 said:

So back to Bezos, does he want the team or not ? I mean, he’s got the wealth. He’s had several months now to blow the whole thing up. 

As a fan base, we’re bored and sick of crap right ? So either pony up or let someone else rid us of Dan.

Bezos, no need to play us is there, no need to play this like a pure business transaction, or like a game with Dan. 

Just step up. Right?

All indications are Dan was being an ass and keeping him out of the process until recently so he's trying to catch up with the pack regarding purchase details. 

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

You should try actually reading what you respond to, from the beginning, rather than skimming for points to argue. If you go back to the first post of mine that you quoted, I said in the first paragraph that I do believe he has interest in the team. But that I could quantify how much, neither could anyone else, and he may have other reasons for wanting to get a look at the books behind the scenes. My argument is that even allowing that he obviously has some level of interest in the team—it’s impossible to know just how much interest that is. For instance, on a scale of 1-10…I don’t believe that contracting a banker and signing the NDA necessarily indicates a “10” on that scale, just some level of interest.

Your contention is that since he has contracted a banker and signed the NDA, that means he’s 100% in, no holding back, sight unseen? Nothing in the books could make him hesitate or question the investment because the very fact he’s interested at all implies he’s 100% jumping in with both feet? 

That’s where we disagree. I think there’s plenty that could turn him off, and he’s having his research done for him so he can see just HOW interested he is.  

To simplify it further, I can imagine a reality where Snyder wants and allows him to bid and Bezos decides not to. That reality seems impossible to you, I guess? 

Everything you are stating is based on speculation. I am basing it on the known facts and reporting. Good news is we will see who was right and who was wrong soon. 

You did not answer my main question. Let’s assume for this argument that Bezos 100% wants to buy the Commanders. What has he done that has been reported thus far that would conflict with him being 100% all-in? I don’t think he would have done a single thing that has been reported differently if he was completely 100% all-in. 

So if that’s the case and he hasn’t done anything that would conflict with him being 100% all-in we are left with the known and reported facts. Which are his previous attempt to buy 40% of this team, the Allen and Company engagement, the Jay Z partnership and the NDA with Dan. 

My conclusion is rooted on the reported facts. Yours are pure conjecture on your part. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Everything you are stating is based on speculation. I am basing it on the known facts and reporting. Good news is we will see who was right and who was wrong soon. 

You did not answer my main question. Let’s assume for this argument that Bezos 100% wants to buy the Commanders. What has he done that has been reported thus far that would conflict with him being 100% all-in? I don’t think he would have done a single thing that has been reported differently if he was completely 100% all-in. 

So if that’s the case and he hasn’t done anything that would conflict with him being 100% all-in we are left with the known and reported facts. Which are his previous attempt to buy 40% of this team, the Allen and Company engagement, the Jay Z partnership and the NDA with Dan. 

My conclusion is rooted on the reported facts. Yours are pure conjecture on your part. 

So you're asking him to prove a negative?

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

So you're asking him to prove a negative?

No he is speculating that Bezos is not all-in. In my opinion, Bezos has behaved as if he is all-in and I provided reported facts as to why I draw that conclusion. I am asking for facts or reporting that support his position that Bezos is not all-in and not his speculation. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Huh? The entire crux of the disagreement is the part I bolded. I’m not willing to assume that, and that is the singular point of departure for you and I. Pretty simple, but you seem to be struggling with it. It really just boils down to that. 

Idk how I can keep rephrasing it, but this is the difference:

I can see a world where Snyder allows Bezos to bid, hell even begs for it—and Bezos does not end up placing a bid. 

You can not see that world. Because you take as a given that by engaging in the process, he is “100% all-in”. I don’t.

Simple. And like you said, we’ll find out soon who is right. You are correct that if he is determined to own this team at all costs, the process may very well look exactly the same as it has. But the difference is that you take that as proof that that IS the case, period. To the point of flippancy and arrogance. I just don’t make that assumption, and admit that there is no way to know. I know which position I find more rational. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

Huh? The entire crux of the disagreement is the part I bolded. I’m not willing to assume that, and that is the singular point of departure for you and I. Pretty simple, but you seem to be struggling with it. It really just boils down to that. 

Idk how I can keep rephrasing it, but this is the difference:

I can see a world where Snyder allows Bezos to bid, hell even begs for it—and Bezos does not end up placing a bid. 

You can not see that world. Because you take as a given that by engaging in the process, he is “100% all-in”. I don’t.

Simple. And like you said, we’ll find out soon who is right. 

I am not asking you to concede that Bezos is all-in. That’s what we are not in agreement on.

I am asking you to hypothetically imagine a universe where Bezos is 100% all-in on buying the Commanders. In that hypothetical universe, would there be anything in your opinion that he would have done differently up this point than what he has done up to now in this universe? If so what? 

• Like 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

So if Bezos does end up buying the commander, do you think the stadium we be called Amazon Field. The new name will be the Washington Amazons and they will play their games on Amazon, Thursday Night....in Prime time.

Don't be silly, they will obviously be called the Alexas.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am not asking you to concede that Bezos is all-in. That’s what we are not in agreement on.

I am asking you to hypothetically imagine a universe where Bezos is 100% all-in on buying the Commanders. In that hypothetical universe, would there be anything in your opinion that he would have done differently up this point than what he has done up to now in this universe? If so what? 

I know enough to know that I can’t be totally sure of the answer to that, but in the spirit of the discussion I’ll once again (I edited my above reply to concede on this point) say that no—I think you’re correct, if he has been planning on swooping in at the end to dominate the bid all along it would look exactly like this. It would also look exactly like this if he’s just doing his due diligence and evaluating the asset for what it is, in order to make a more informed decision, and doesn’t know whether he’s going to place a bid or not.

We just choose to engage with that differently. I admit that I can’t know and it could go either way, and there would be a rational explanation either way. You don’t think there’s a rational explanation for his behavior to this point UNLESS he’s 100% interested in buying, both feet in, no matter what. 

I just don’t think that’s rational, and it makes you biased. To the point that you actually think you’re the one “sticking to the facts” after already admitting that it would look exactly the same whether he’s doing what you hope, or doing what I think is possible. You said yourself—it would look the same either way. But you choose to interpret that, with obnoxious confidence, as being supportive of your desired outcome. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

We're all losing our minds in here. 💀

That's casual Gameday thread.

But since it's the offseason, we're just getting ready for '23.

30 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The process would already been done as he would already have won it.

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You're missing it. It's not what he would have done different, but how it would be the same if he was mildly interested, and wanted to kick the tires.

"Eh, maybe I'll give Ole' Danny a stroke and take a look at the Commanders". "Let's se just how badly he's run them into the ground, hehe".

Nothing is done differently. Signs the NDA, finds the nudes and looks at teh books. "Yeah, this is a hot mess, I'm out. But did you see the look on his face? Bahahahahaha!"

Nothing in this universe is different, either. except just how interested Jeff is. Anything from mildly to extremely looks the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

The process would already been done as he would already have won it.

How so specifically? You previously said today that Bezos wouldn’t have hired Allen and Company and would have offered Dan 8 billion directly. Is that what you mean? 

I said imagine a universe where Bezos is 100% all-in on buying the Commanders not imagine a universe Bezos is playing by Brewster’s millions rules and has to spend all his money by a fixed date! 😂 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

How so specifically? You previously said today that Bezos wouldn’t have hired Allen and Company and would have offered Dan 8 billion directly. Is that what you mean? 

I said imagine a universe where Bezos is 100% all-in on buying the Commanders not imagine a universe Bezos is playing by Brewster’s millions rules and has to spend all his money by a fixed date! 😂 

He’s all in, just not necessarily for what you think…

image.jpeg.1c907113ae3cae1a12db3c6a725c8b78.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1