Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Not one in a market that matters (with a competent owner) such as NY x 2, Cali x 3, Wash and Dal.

Not to be argumentative, but since 1999...

Washington (1999, 2023)

Jets (2000)

Bills (2014)

Rams (2010)

Also, you didn't mention these teams, but other big cities in that timeframe include Miami and Baltimore (DMV region). So, I don't agree that marquee markets don't come available. 

Pat Leonard: Washington Commanders sale will be great for league but might be very bad for Giants

New York Daily News
Mar 29, 2023 at 6:17 pm

The imminent sale of the Washington Commanders is great news for the NFL and the fans of D.C., Maryland and Virginia.

Forcing Daniel Snyder out, even if his pockets are stuffed with $6 billion-plus as he leaves, should help one of the league’s once proud franchises improve its workplace, build a new stadium and field a better team.

It won’t be good for everyone, though.

It may be very bad news for the Giants.

John Mara’s team is 10-25-1 in the NFC East from 2017-2022: 7-4-1 against Washington and 3-21 against the Cowboys and Eagles.

If pro sports has taught us anything about these billion-dollar changeovers, new owners always arrive with their checkbooks out looking to make a huge splash.

...“The NFC East doesn’t need any help,” Giants co-owner John Mara cracked, when asked if a Washington sale would be good for the division. “The NFC East is strong enough.”

Is it so far-fetched, though, to imagine the next owners pursuing Jackson, whether it’s the Josh Harris-Mitchell Rales-Magic Johnson group or Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos, who both have submitted $6 billion bids?

...Obviously history shows that new owners spending money isn’t guaranteed to translate into wins, playoff runs or championships.

But considering Washington’s incredible level of dysfunction, the potential that someone competent will take control soon could dramatically improve their fortunes in a hurry.

Head coach Ron Rivera claimed at this week’s NFL owners meetings in Phoenix that the team “never” considered pursuing Jackson this offseason.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I read the article.  Basically the point is this sale is being done in the dark much more than the typical sale -- so combining that and Dan's previous reluctance to sell -- some are thinking he doesn't sell.

If so, Dan-Tanya really punk'd the heck out of Jason Wright.  :ols:  Hey Jason i know you keep telling everyone we are absolutely selling and its best for this franchise that we sell.  But hey the joke is on you, we are not selling, and you are stuck with us, the albatross, that you suggested is holding the business back as to taking the next step.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is only true if you are talking about THIS organization and you think any of these potential owners care about the Washington franchise that passionately. Otherwise, it's been proven that NFL franchises come up for sale much more often than many realized. In fact, they seem to come available every 2-3 years, on average, over the past couple decades. 

Yep, talking about this organization specifically. That's why I also said if this is your dream to own the Washington NFL team this may be your one and only opportunity.

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

...“The NFC East doesn’t need any help,” Giants co-owner John Mara cracked, when asked if a Washington sale would be good for the division. “The NFC East is strong enough.”

F*** Mara. He'll probably fine the new owner for going against the spirit of the NFC East.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yep, talking about this organization specifically. That's why I also said if this is your dream to own the Washington NFL team this may be your one and only opportunity.

Could be...then again, it's been sold twice in 24 years. But I do agree with you, if this happened to be your dream and money was no object, you might as well pay whatever it takes to make that dream a reality. Having said that, I don't think any of the potential bidders fall into both those categories. 

• Like 1

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Could be...then again, it's been sold twice in 24 years. But I do agree with you, if this happened to be your dream and money was no object, you might as well pay whatever it takes to make that dream a reality. Having said that, I don't think any of the potential bidders fall into both those categories. 

Yeah but what's the chance of this specific team being sold again in a potential buyers lifetime? It even took Snyder's dumb ass 25 years to screw it up so bad that he has to sell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah but what's the chance of this specific team being sold again in a potential buyers lifetime? It even took Snyder's dumb ass 25 years to screw it up so bad that he has to sell.

Plus what would this team sell for in 15 to 20 years? Investing in a cash cow printing machine that will only increase in value is part of the calculation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Plus what would this team sell for in 15 to 20 years? Investing in a cash cow printing machine that will only increase in value is part of the calculation.

Exactly...this is a no brainer, Snyder is making a killing off his initial investment. Imagine someone who knows what the hell they are doing could do with this. This area is starved right now, dollars from all corners will be flowing into the Washington coffers. Sponsorship alone is going to go through the roof. This is even taking into consideration new stadium, facilities etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is kind of how it feels, that tweet below.  Dan starting the process leaking he has bids north of 7 billion, with leaks that came off like sorry Bezos you are out, ha ha ha.

To now, where according to Sheehan when these bidders had a look at the books, some (I think Henry among them) decided they were out.  And Harris the one legit bidder apparently thinks he's overpaying right now with the high 5's offer.

Now it feels like Dan is begging Bezos to please enter the fray.  I'll give that I recall Keim said months ago he heard that BOA wanted Bezos to engage -- but then felt like it was likely to just help scare the other bids up.  

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Those Jason Wright clips are really encouraging IMO.

Wright is more or less saying 100% Dan is selling for anyone who doubts otherwise.

• Thanks 5

After catching up some Me thinks some of the “in the knows” of the sports media aren’t exactly happy about a sale.. it’a not the force out they were salivating for. What are they gonna do with all those pre penned opinion pieces?  lol. Just get Danny gone however it happens at this point , I’d love to only have bad football to get mad about 😂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yep, good point and I agree. It's not likely this team will go back on the market, especially if a competent owner buys it. 

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

True. 

25 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Exactly...this is a no brainer, Snyder is making a killing off his initial investment. Imagine someone who knows what the hell they are doing could do with this. This area is starved right now, dollars from all corners will be flowing into the Washington coffers. Sponsorship alone is going to go through the roof. This is even taking into consideration new stadium, facilities etc.

Yep.

I agree...it's a good investment. All NFL teams are. But I stand by my opinion that nobody currently bidding on this team is a major fan who views the Washington franchise any differently than Seattle or Denver or the next team who might come up for sale. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Like someone else said earlier, the moron played himself.

Unbelievable 😔

I actually think the moron played it well. most of it luck but he’s not walking away like a chump.

He’s going to get substantially more than Denver. This team needs new facilities and a new stadium. He bought 40% of the team for 900 million 2 years ago and that will now come in at around  2.5 billionish.

Biggest sports sales in history and he walks away with significant generational wealth. But he’s the past and who cares about him. Sunk cost. Let’s look forward as soon as this is done. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Like someone else said earlier, the moron played himself.

Unbelievable 😔

Feels a little like how they played the stadium years ago, seemed like the National Harbor was in play but the Mayland Governor eventually took it off the table because according to some he felt like he was being played by Dan who preferred DC.   Dawdled with Virginia years before that with a Governor who was dying to help him with the stadium, squandered that window, then a new Governor came who wasn't as enthused, and the window closed after all the scandals -- so he's left with Fedex or Dumphries.

He ran the team the same way, we can get a first rounder or at worst a 2nd and a third for Trent by trading him now -- but nope lets sit on this out of spite and lose some trade leverage on this and get just a third rounder.  We can get a first and maybe change for Kirk but heck lets put petty emotion above success -- and instead get a third round comp for him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's not likely this team will go back on the market, especially if a competent owner buys it. 

Hopefully the new owner has the sense to not JKC it and not bequeath it to the next of kin in their will.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I actually think the moron played it well. most of it lick but he’s not walking away like a chump.

He’s going to get substantially more than Denver. This team needs new facilities and a new stadium. He bought 40% of the team for 900 million 2 years ago and that will now come in at around  2.5 billionish.

Biggest sports sales in history and he walks away with significant generational wealth. But he’s the past and who cares about him. Sunk cost. Let’s look forward as soon as this is done. 

He made out by buying out his minority partners for sure.

But as for the game Dan's playing with Bezos, not so sure he played it well, will see. 

I do buy all the stories about Dan's identity is tied up in the team, so I don't suspect this is all Nirvana for the dude.  But all the debt piled up, coupled with the team's revenue shrinking and the need for a new stadium -- perfect storm working against him.   But some of his old pals including Arrington and RG3 recently suggested losing this team is a blow to Dan.  No doubt being mega rich after the deal softens the blow big time, and he will count it as a big victory, but I doubt its 100% ecstasy for him. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He made out by buying out his minority partners for sure.

But as for the game Dan's playing with Bezos, not so sure he played it well, will see. 

I do buy all the stories about Dan's identity is tied up in the team, so I don't suspect this is all Nirvana for the dude.  But all the debt piled up, coupled with the team's revenue shrinking and the need for a new stadium -- perfect storm working against him.   But some of his old pals including Arrington and RG3 recently suggested losing this team is a blow to Dan.  No doubt being mega rich after the deal softens the blow big time, and he will count it as a big victory, but I doubt its 100% ecstasy for him. 

Yeah he's not selling because he wants to. Like you said perfect storm of a whole flock of chickens coming home to roost at one time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1