Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

The beauty of this sport is that winning resuscitates image. The Bengals, the Chiefs, the Jaguars, the Bucs all became exciting teams to watch recently despite their relatively muted heritage in comparison to that of the NFC East teams. If we string together some winning seasons, that, coupled with the franchise’s fossilized and preserved legacy, would relaunch the organization to its original glory.

This. We’re a kettle ready to pop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

...The addition of Johnson to the Harris group comes as leading bidders attempt to reach a deal with Snyder in advance of the NFL’s annual league meeting that begins Sunday in Phoenix, according to four people with knowledge of the sales process. Some of them said they remain skeptical that an agreement will be reached in that timetable.

Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta is another person who has been identified as being involved in the bidding, people familiar with the situation have said.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has hired New York-based investment firm Allen & Company to evaluate a possible bid for the Commanders, according to two people familiar with the situation. Bezos owns The Washington Post.

The Commanders announced in November that Snyder and his wife Tanya, the team’s co-CEO, had hired Bank of America Securities to consider potential transactions for the franchise. The team has not said whether the Snyders intend to sell all or part of the franchise. Four people familiar with the process said in December they believe that a sale of the entire franchise is the most likely outcome.

There is growing conviction that Snyder will sell the entire team in the coming weeks or months, a person familiar with the sales process said in recent days, while expressing doubt the sale can be completed before the league meeting. Any sale would have to be approved by at least 24 of the 32 NFL team owners. The league meeting is scheduled to last at least through next Tuesday.

The sale deliberations are taking place while the NFL conducts its second investigation of Daniel Snyder and the team. This one is being overseen by attorney Mary Jo White.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 hours ago, Dark Acre said:

"Washington Showtime" would gag me with a spoon.  Now, if the team name is changed to Capital (as in capital city of the USA), then I could get behind Capital Showtime.  But you have to win.  You can't keep stinking it up with the name "Showtime".

Who's gonna tell him? Really gonna have to be me?

• Haha 7

Sheehan just now.

A.  He's heard the annoucement likely happens before the owners meeting, maybe Sunday at the latest.   And the sale is close.

B.  If its delayed further its because Snyder likely insists on indemnification

C.   He's heard that Dan thinks he has a lot of leverage with the league because the league desperately wants him out

D.  Believes the price ends up a little short of 6 billion

If I understood him (I'll relisten to it shortly) because I caught Sheehan midstream talking about this.  He believes it will be Harris.  And its part of a group buy, multiple investors, not just Magic Johnson.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan just now.

A.  He's heard the annoucement likely happens before the owners meeting, maybe Sunday at the latest.   And the sale is close.

B.  If its delayed further its because Snyder likely insists on indemnification

C.   He's heard that Dan thinks he has a lot of leverage with the league because the league desperately wants him out

D.  Believes the price ends up a little short of 6 billion

If I understood him (I'll relisten to it shortly) because I caught Sheehan midstream talking about this.  He believes it will be Harris.  And its part of a group buy, multiple investors, not just Magic Johnson.

I hope he is wrong. Group ownership is not good. Too many people to keep happy. And with the need to get so many other people it shows they are over leveraged and wont be able

to focus on team operations, will be focused on not spending too much

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I hope he is wrong. Group ownership is not good. Too many people to keep happy. And with the need to get so many other people it shows they are over leveraged and wont be able

to focus on team operations, will be focused on not spending too much

Dan has had others in the mix with minority ownership, 40%, for a good chunk of for most of his tenure, he spent more than than he does now owning the full team. Sometimes they came in handy like recruiting Joe Gibbs, etc.

If I buy a house, and I put have to put lets say $100,000 down versus $300,000 down, i'll have more cash to spend.

So for me I don't care about other investors.  It's not an uncommon dynamic with team ownership.  Heck Harris is a minority owner with the Steelers, he has little say in what they do from what I understand.  Before that Tepper was a minority owner with the Steelers also with little say.   I believe the NFL has a limit as to how many minority buyers can be had.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan has had others with minority ownership, 40%, for a good chunk of for most of his tenure, he spent more than than he does now owning the full team.

If I buy a house, and I put have to put lets say $100,000 down versus $300,000 down, i'll have more cash to spend.

So for me I don't care about other investors.  It's not an uncommon dynamic with team ownership.  Heck Harris is a minority owner with the Steelers, he has little say in what they do from what I understand.  Before that Tepper was a minority owner with the Steelers also with little say.  

I dont mind someone having 2-3 partners but i get the distinct impression thst there are many more folks in this group. And when you have that many rich folks involved there will be stresses to keep them happy with their investment. Im worried he could do the league min and own 30

percent and try to run the team

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I dont mind someone having 2-3 partners but i get the distinct impression thst there are many more folks in this group. And when you have that many rich folks involved there will be stresses to keep them happy with their investment. Im worried he could do the league min and own 30

percent and try to run the team

Don't know how many.  I just relistened to it.   Sheehan heard its more than just Magic as far as minority partners, didn't give a number aside from saying he believes several others.  Wonder if another celebrity in that mix?

I recall reading about Harris when buying another sports team, maybe it was the 76ers or Devils, was in with another wealthy partner, if I recall from Apollo, too?  I got to go back and dig up those articles but I recall seeing something like that.

He said Harris is the clear cut front runner, and believes he ends up the owner.  Sale will be roughly for 6 billion.  Dan prefers to sell it to him.  

As to what's effecting the sale price.  Dan has issues including revenue and net profit is dropping with this team while other teams are increasing.  Money has to be invested in this team to bring the fan base back.  Then you got the stadium investment.  Buyers get this.  Hence there isn't a lot of demand as for prospective owners.

I'd add whomever buys this team, especially if its Harris-Rales who come from the area and grew up rooting for the team, gets that money has to be poured into this.  

If you are buying a fixer upper, its financial suicide to let it rot.  The idea is to pour money in this ASAP to bring it up to snuff.  That's part of the theme about the sale and the potential of making the team what it once was. 

• Like 2

The Dan Snyder trauma on this fanbase has no bounds.  One feeling we all shared was one day being able to rid ourselves of Dan.  A feeling that never felt real, that many of us had come to accept that he’d both never sell and outlive us.

Then like magic, or the power of karma, or both…the news comes out that the team is up for sale.  And here we are, eating each other over who the next billionaire(s) to own this team is going to be, already muddying the waters for whomever it is.

Meanwhile, I’m over here just thankful that his reign of terror is almost over and appreciative of the fact that no matter who it is - they will be light years better than Dan.  There’s never been a safer bet.  Wash away the trauma, folks.  Live in the moment and appreciate this time for what it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumb up 1

Just listened to the Sportico guy who broke the Magic Johnson story.

A. Heard some other investors likely part of this. He said even Walton who is the 11th richest person in the world brought on a few investors post sale including Condoleezza Rice.

B. Other investors are helpful for multiple reasons and he said in this case including dealing with the stadium 

C. Magic Johnson’s impact is unlikely about giving much money to this. It’s more about his expertise around sports and if he acts like he did with the Dodgers he presents a good public face for the franchise - likeable and charismatic 

D. His gut is if Bezos gave Dan a godfather offer he’d take it

E. Believes that the owners want some resolution by the owners meeting 

F. He’s among the doubters who while believe Dan likely sells does believe there is an off chance he doesn’t 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Dan Snyder trauma on this fanbase has no bounds.  One feeling we all shared was one day being able to rid ourselves of Dan.  A feeling that never felt real, that many of us had come to accept that he’d both never sell and outlive us.

Then like magic, or the power of karma, or both…the news comes out that the team is up for sale.  And here we are, eating each other over who the next billionaire(s) to own this team is going to be, already muddying the waters for whomever it is.

Meanwhile, I’m over here just thankful that his reign of terror is almost over and appreciative of the fact that no matter who it is - they will be light years better than Dan.  There’s never been a safer bet.  Wash away the trauma, folks.  Live in the moment and appreciate this time for what it is.

It doesn’t matter if the sale happens. There will be a way too large segment of the fanbase that is mad at any of the choices.

There will be reasons to say why it will stink. Reasons for why it is going to be the best thing ever.

Same with quarterbacks. This fanbase has no idea what it wants and has zero open minds to basically anything.

By the way… this doubt in some candidates is exactly what Snyder would use if he nixes the sale. He’ll see people worried about specific new owners and think, “see?! They don’t want them over me!”

He’s that out of touch.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3