Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He has never won a championship. So Josh is to Gibbs as Zorn is to Gibbs. At least Zorn has an NFC championship ring with the Seahawks. 

Harris also used company resources for his own personal benefit just like Dan. He might be closer to Dan than Zorn actually:

https://www.businessinsider.com/apollo-global-josh-harris-family-office-tensions-2022-9

Yes, the teams weren't turned around over night. 

I am a 76ers fans. I remember when they we're walking around the city giving out free tickets that came with a tshirt and a hot dog if you actually came to the game. 

With the exception of when Iverson was there, that franchise had been dead over 30 years.

Now I'm wondering how it would have gone if Iverson had Harris. That would have been awesome.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris is a first class owner and the absolute best possible person to turn this franchise around.

He will do everything the right way and stay out of the way of the football people. 

We will instantly become one of the best franchises in the league. He's done it in basketball and hockey. This will be no different. 

Since Harris took over as owner of the Devils, they made the playoffs one time and lost in the first round.  Since owning the 76ers, they intentially tanked 3 years in a row (during his tenure) and while they have had some contenders, they have never made the conference finals in the East. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, this thread is at the top of the Stadium, getting tons of Replies, so I jump in here thinking somethings happened, only to see you losers telling campfire stories. 😡

Don’t ever underestimate the power of ES to turn what should be the greatest thread of the century, into a steaming pile of ****. Take a bow @SoCalSkins. 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

With the exception of when Iverson was there, that franchise had been dead over 30 years.

God. That sounds REALLY familiar. I just can't put my finger on it...so strange...

Hmm GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Since Harris took over as owner of the Devils, they made the playoffs one time and lost in the first round.  Since owning the 76ers, they intentially tanked 3 years in a row (during his tenure) and while they have had some contenders, they have never made the conference finals in the East. 

I'd take Harris 100 times over Leonsis who is on record as never tanking.  The Wizards are the joke of the NBA.  National Media deservedly dumps on that garbage organization while the local media treats them with kid gloves.  The Wizards are Snyder-like in employing propagandists on their broadcast crews.  

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

I'd take Harris 100 times over Leonsis who is on record as never tanking.  The Wizards are the joke of the NBA.  National Media deservedly dumps on that garbage organization while the local media treats them with kid gloves.  The Wizards are Snyder-like in employing propagandists on their broadcast crews.  

Damn, I forgot some of yall are Wizards fans as well. God, I'd just end everything...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, SkinsRock80 said:

The next few days will be one of the happiest days in our skins history. Don’t let a few poo poo the thread. 

I am going to be ecstatic like everyone else. I’m just not convinced Harris is a complete slam dunk. Particularly when it comes to the new stadium and investment in the team. But  if and when he’s officially announced I will be celebrating and refraining from saying anything negative about him for a while. 

It just seemed to me the thread was making him out to be this infallible figure and he obviously has some conflicts, some not perfect business dealings and a bank account far smaller than Bezos. 

All of us left here obviously love this team to an extreme so we air our concerns and still cheer hard for the team. Some voice concerns louder than others. 

This is the portion of the wedding ceremony when they are asking if anyone objects. I’m just whispering to my neighbors a couple of concerns while hoping Bezos sweeps in like a rom com and sweeps her off her feet. If he doesn’t, I’m clapping when Harris says  I do and partying at the reception!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

And how many conference titles or championships has Bezos won? Point is, nothing is every a given. I just want to take out the trash owner we currently have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am going to be ecstatic like everyone else. I’m just not convinced Harris is a complete slam dunk. Particularly when it comes to the new stadium and investment in the team. But  if and when he’s officially announced I will be celebrating and refraining from saying anything negative about him for a while. 

It just seemed to me the thread was making him out to be this infallible figure and he obviously has some conflicts, some not perfect business dealings and a bank account far smaller than Bezos. 

All of us left here obviously love this team to an extreme so we air our concerns and still cheer hard for the team. Some voice concerns louder than others. 

This is the portion of the wedding ceremony when they are asking if anyone objects. I’m just whispering to my neighbors a couple of concerns while hoping Bezos sweeps in like a rom com and sweeps her off her feet. If he doesn’t, I’m clapping when Harris says  I do and partying at the reception!

Bro the fire is about to get put out and you're worried about water damage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

That's fantastic, I never said anything about Leonsis.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

And how many conference titles or championships has Bezos won? Point is, nothing is every a given. I just want to take out the trash owner we currently have.

Never said anything about Bezos.  I'm also not saying that Harris would not be a good/great owner.  Just replying to a post stating that Harris is the best option to turn Washington around and we would become one of the best franchises instantly and that he turned it around for the Devils and 76ers.

Cause there is no indication that would happen here, the Devils are horrible, the 76ers are really good, but stuck in conference semi-final hell even though tanking 3 straight years to get high picks.  Sure, if it goes the 76ers way, I'd be happy to field a team that makes the playoffs each year with a shot of going to the NFC championship.  

But it could go the NJ Devils way, which is kinda where we have been stuck forever.  Just sayin.

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

But it could go the NJ Devils way, which is kinda where we have been stuck forever.  Just sayin.

I don't follow the nhl much but the devils currently have the third best record in hockey.

That's something we've never even sniffed in 24 years under snyder.

My whole family lives in Philly now. Sister married a diehard Philly sports fan. Harris has a GREAT rep. 

We should be thrilled with this.

And LOL at the conspiracy stuff. He's a hometown guy -- as is his biggest partner. So they're going to buy a football team worth far more than the Sixers so they can keep the franchise down and keep Philly fans happy? I swear, Snyder has made folks crazy.

And there's also this weird thing where people don't seem to fully grasp just how bad of an owner Danny has been.

He took one of the four best franchises in the league and turned it into a dumpster fire. If the new owner INTENTIONALLY tried to do a bad job like Socalskins hilariously fears, he still couldn't do a worse job than little Danny did.

Edited by Hooper
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Bro the fire is about to get put out and you're worried about water damage.

But the option is between a somewhat average sports owner and the worlds richest guy to rebuild the team. What we need to rebuild after we celebrate putting the fire out on a house that just burned down after being on fire longer than the tire fire in Springfield on the Simpsons is resources. I prefer the dude with the most. We suffered enough, 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I don't follow the nhl much but the devils currently have the third best record in hockey.

That's something we've never even sniffed in 24 years under snyder.

This year, sure.  Talking about past seasons under his ownership cause this season isn't over. 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/NJD/history.html

I'm not saying he would be a bad owner and not stay out of the way, just saying his track record is really good in the NBA and not so good in the NHL.  And he's owned both teams close to the same amount of time (2011 vs 2013).

I want Snyder out, period, but just have some pushback when someone claimed that Harris instantly makes us one of the best franchises, citing the Devils as one, when they haven't done anything under his ownership.  

• Like 2