Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harrris will need to put up 2 billion hard cash to complete the purchase barring a waiver from the NFL. He’s not going to get much if any public financing for the stadium. So he will need further waivers and debt at a time of increasing interest rates. He is spread too thin and has too many ventures for relatively limited resources. 

Jeff Lurie bought the eagles for $185 million.  If Harris was playing the game with those economic conditions non issue. 

The economics of NFL ownership have completely changed. Harris is not a slam dunk given his financials. 

No one pays for stadium out of pocket.  It's financed and collateralized by the stadium itself.  But a stadium project done right will more than pay for itself (see Dallas).

They have 12 billion at least.  Harris has teams in the NBA and premier league, which rakes in money.  I doubt getting a team in the NFL which rakes in even more money is all the sudden going to cause a liquidity problem.

59 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris comes with too much risk because he is not rich enough to play at this level. It’s as simple as that.

This comment makes no sense. It's reported that Josh Harris is worth 5.7 billion. That's more than roughly 17 current NFL owners.

• Like 2

Just now, bearrock said:

No one pays for stadium out of pocket.  It's financed and collateralized by the stadium itself.  But a stadium project done right will more than pay for itself (see Dallas).

They have 12 billion at least.  Harris has teams in the NBA and premier league, which rakes in money.  I doubt getting a team in the NFL which rakes in even more money is all the sudden going to cause a liquidity problem.

Do you know who doesn’t have any potential financial or cash flow issues? The guy who spent 5 billion to spend a couple of minutes in low earth orbit.

Just now, RVAskins said:

This comment makes no sense. It's reported that Josh Harris is worth 5.7 billion. That's more than roughly 17 current NFL owners.

Likewise local jurisdictions will be far more amenable to helping him build a stadium.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Do you know who doesn’t have any potential financial or cash flow issues? The guy who spent 5 billion to spend a couple of minutes in low earth orbit.

If you want to argue that Bezos is a better prospective owner, that's different.  There are plenty of reasonable people who may agree with you.  That's not what you're doing though.  Harris doesn't have to be a bad prospective owner for Bezos to be a good one.  From where I sit, it seems like both have very good potential and I would welcome either one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All right guys, I'm getting to the bottom of this. I looked up Josh Harris in the Wharton alumni directory - gonna shoot him an email and see what's up. 😂

(Yes, it does actually list his email. No, I'm not actually going to do it)

image.thumb.png.40b4bdaa1c9ed5f100ba7047b562490b.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

You dont know what potential cash flow issues the Harris/Rales group will have, your specualtion as to why they might doesn't make any sense, and as many have pointed out - Bezos immense wealth doesn't automatically mean he's spending it all on this team. You're infatuation with Bezos may be misguided.

Stop trolling and enjoy this moment, please.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

And Harris won't be writing a check for 6 billion. It just doesn't work that way. It's not cash and carry.

He has to write a check for 2 billion. None of it debt. He doesn’t have the resources. It’s a house of cards. Just like Dan.

Andre the Giant is typing...news incoming....

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He has to write a check for 2 billion. None of it debt. He doesn’t have the resources. It’s a house of cards. Just like Dan.

Doesn’t Rales have an equal level of wealth to Harris ?

• Haha 3

Ian Rappaport said on Pat McAfee recently that it would make some sense if Harris won the Commanders bid, because of his Pro Sports Ownership experience.  Said the Commanders need a lot of help and competency throughout the organization (even mentioned Marketing as an example).

Feel as a NFL Network Reporter, Ian often serves as a mouthpiece for the league. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

All right guys, I'm getting to the bottom of this. I looked up Josh Harris in the Wharton alumni directory - gonna shoot him an email and see what's up. 😂

(Yes, it does actually list his email. No, I'm not actually going to do it)

image.thumb.png.40b4bdaa1c9ed5f100ba7047b562490b.png 

Have you seen the show the Americans? Have you ever seen Josh Harris and Putin in the same room?

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Andre the Giant is typing...news incoming....

Doesn’t Rales have an equal level of wealth to Harris ?

Doesn't matter. The lead owner needs to pony up 30% hard cash of the purchase price. Those are NFL rules. They can waive them but requires 24 votes.

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So you are his accountant?

I understand basic math. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Have you seen the show the Americans? Have you ever seen Josh Harris and Putin in the same room?

I have, actually. They were playing gin rummy with Gandhi arguing over whether Sam Howell is a "legitimate" 5th round pick.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Forbes does about as good of a job as possible with public information.  But nobody aside from the billionaire himself and his accountants and bankers know how much these people are really worth. 

Let SoCal tell it and there’s only one man in America that can truly afford to buy an NFL team.    So basically some broke ass is going to buy us, Bezos will buy the Seahawks and no team will ever be sold again from that point forward.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4