Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

No. But they did just put up a banner that says "Happy Thanksgiving".

WTH happened in this thread overnight? Log in today to references of Putin, Gandhi and secret meeting at Ledo's. 

jack nicholson 2nd one h e l p GIF

It happens here. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rales would be the minority owner. Like Fred Smith and Dwight Schar were here. They don’t have any power. 

But why in the hell would you spend billions of dollars to then immediately say, "Suck it, Washington."

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rales would be the minority owner. Like Fred Smith and Dwight Schar were here. They don’t have any power. 

Harris is, or was, part of an ownership group in Philly and they've been a very successful team across the board. I think he'd allow the other owner a lot of input, unlike Danny boy did here. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Harris is, or was, part of an ownership group in Philly and they've been a very successful team across the board. I think he'd allow the other owner a lot of input, unlike Danny boy did here. 

We also heard a lot great facts about Dan when he acquired the team. How he went to RFK with his dad. How his mom made chili for the games and how he had a Redskins belt buckle he loved. 

We also heard about how much Dan revered Fred Smith as a businessman and became good friends with Dwight Schar after Gibbs introduced them to each other. You don’t know how business relationships will unfold. 

There are no certainties in any of this. People in this thread are assuming Harris comes with the least amount of risk. I call complete bs on that notion and I am simply pointing out some facts as why that could be false. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Nobody knows what we get with Bezos as compared to Harris. How can anyone say we won't get BS with Bezos but might with Harris?

Im worried about cash on hand to do stuff with harris. If he is worth 6b and has to pay 2b to pay for part of the team and borrow the rest he will have a cash flow issue 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Im worried about cash on hand to do stuff with harris. If he is worth 6b and has to pay 2b to pay for part of the team and borrow the rest he will have a cash flow issue 

Ding ding ding

That plus having to manage an NHL and NBA franchise ain't cheap. I have a bad feeling about this dude, he might have good intentions but I think the NFL is above his head. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We also heard a lot great facts about Dan when he acquired the team. How he went to RFK with his dad. How his mom made chili for the games and how he had a Redskins belt buckle he loved. 

We also heard about how much Dan revered Fred Smith as a businessman and became good friends with Dwight Schar after Gibbs introduced them to each other. You don’t know how business relationships will unfold. 

There are no certainties in any of this. People in this thread are assuming Harris comes with the least amount of risk. I call complete bs on that notion and I am simply pointing out some facts as why that could be false. 

There are any number of legitimate reasons why Harris may not turn out to be a good owner.  The notion that he will intentionally tank the DC franchise to avoid pissing off his Sixers fanbase is not one of them.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I think even Bezos would be in a similar position, he may have more cash on hand but I think for future investment he would also look for external partners, external investment, local funding, etc etc.

Bezos has the individual wealth but we shouldn’t assume he’ll just personally bank roll everything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ding ding ding

That plus having to manage an NHL and NBA franchise ain't cheap. I have a bad feeling about this dude, he might have good intentions but I think the NFL is above his head. 

Not too mention what he’s going too have to put up to build a new stadium and training facilty!  

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think even Bezos would be in a similar position, he may have more cash on hand but I think for future investment he would also look for external partners, external investment, local funding, etc etc.

Bezos has the individual wealth but we shouldn’t assume he’ll just personally bank roll everything. 

Plus he could be buying the team just to sell more papers.

Maybe he wants to change the name to the Amazon's to stifle the business of the local Walmarts.

These devious billionaires they're playing 3d chess while we're all playing checkers.

Edited by redskinss

Just now, burgngold fan said:

Not too mention what he’s going too have to put up to build a new stadium and training facilty!  

The other guy might be able to assist with financing the facilities. My main concerns are with maintaining a competitive roster, I see a tight budget in our future if this guy indeed is the new owner. 

Bottom line we’re getting a very wealthy new owner or owners. 

What we need, whoever that ends up being, is a strong business approach. Highly competent individuals running the organisation strongly in all facets. The investment required will be a given, IMO. It just need to be invested well.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris has a long track record as a business leader as a cofounder of one of the leading private equity firms and as a guy who had led or been a part of at least three ownership groups of sports teams.

• Like 1

Just now, method man said:

Harris has a long track record as a business leader as a cofounder of one of the leading private equity firms and as a guy who had led or been a part of at least three ownership groups of sports teams.

Yeah we shouldn’t be worried if it’s ends up being a group led by Harris.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

There are any number of legitimate reasons why Harris may not turn out to be a good owner.  The notion that he will intentionally tank the DC franchise to avoid pissing off his Sixers fanbase is not one of them.

Yep. This is one of the most asinine takes I’ve heard on this board. Perhaps we can start with the fact that this team is worth triple what the Sixers are

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Because Harris has a conflict that would have prevented him from even buying the team until recently. Bezos doesn’t need to keep the philly fan base happy to pack the Sixers stadium unlike Harris.

Harris also has to negotiate with the regional sports networks in Philly for carriage agreements which are the vast majority of his revenue stream. It’s not a shared model like it is in the NFL. In the NFL you can run the franchise into the ground and still make significant yearly revenue but the asset grows exponentially in overall value regardless of the product on the field or the game day experience for the fans.

Please stop. I’ve seen some bad posting here over the last decade and a half and you’re spiraling like I’ve never seen right now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

From the article posted on the last page, May 12th is the day the signing bonuses are set to hit for the new free agent signees. Could be the "official" day we stop using (what's left of) Dan's $ and switches over to the new ownership's $.

Edited by CRobi21

4 minutes ago, method man said:

Harris is poor in relative terms of what it takes to pay 6 billion for a team with the NFL liquidity rules. He will be cash strapped from day 1 just like Dan was. He will have to milk every cent out of the franchise through gouging the fans wherever possible including astronomical PSLs.

He also has financial obligations to the Sixers that put it in direct conflict with the ownership of Washington. if he has to invest what little cash flow he has his incentive is to put it into the Sixers because the NBA is not a shared revenue model like the NFL. He can let Washington languish with little investment and he will continue to get his cut or NFL revenue. 

We don’t need a pauper pretend billionaire. We had that for 25 years with Dan.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How did you quote me with this? I didn’t say it :ols:

An here I thought you suddenly became a genius!

You aren’t spending $6 Billion just to

keep the team a loser, so as to not piss off fans of the team you own in another city. That’s the most asinine thing ever.

The concern about Harris/Rales is after purchasing the team, how much money will they have left?  This team needs an upgrade in facilities for the short term and then needs a new long term facility.  Do they have money to do that and will they be able to get someone to pony up for a new stadium? Will they have the cash flow to sign players?   That’s the concern, they are spending all their available money to get the team.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

*Breaks kayfabe*

He's not being 100% serious :)

I’ve been reading his posts for years. I know he’s not *100%* serious. But he is like 75% serious because he wants Bezos so badly, and that’s enough to stink up the entire thread with stupidity. He’s tracking mud through the foyer and hanging his wet coat on the recliner, metaphorically. I’m just trying to tidy up in here. 

• Haha 9