Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Commander PK said:

I've not read much on him, but if legacy motivates him more than profits at this stage (I mean how much fortune does a person need?) ...he could secure an incredible legacy by returning this organization to its prior status.  Perhaps even exceeding anything that has come before. 

State of the art everything in the Nation's Capital.  Prime Stadium at RFK.  A new team HQ and training facility in Landover only 2 miles outside of the City.  Training camp at the old HQ in Ashburn.  Wouldn't that be something?

If you are talking about Bezos, the idea that he looks at this as a legacy thing is scary.  His other big legacy projects at least so far are fails. In any case, if you take an good look at Dan's history as owner, it was when he realized that this team was not going to be his legacy is when most of the improprieties seem to start. Yes, the character to be what he is now seems to have always been there but that didn't really come to the fore until the Shanahan fail as his focus seems to be the Dan being the primary architect of a good team that put his idol, Jerrah Jones, to shame.

If Jeff is a good choice, he better be coming here to make money, not build a legacy. I don't trust legacy builders except ones that see the legacy as just the expected fallout of a profitable organization.

In an awkward ownership purgatory, the Washington Commanders are left to answer for shortcomings that may or may not be correctable, depending on whether their temperamental owner sells the team. They’re a dumpster fire staring at the hose that could save them, except no one is certain whether the water is coming.

The closer the end seems, the more the franchise’s reputation burns. It seems Daniel Snyder cannot yet grip his golden parachute because his hands are too clammy from dealing with a mountain of legal problems that he wants to disappear if he cashes out of the NFL. But beyond the news of his attempts to receive indemnification and evade accountability for his many alleged misdeeds, the entire organization has had to deal with yet another embarrassment about its chintzy operation: It has been rated the league’s worst workplace for players and their families.

That revelation came via a player survey administered by the NFL Players Association. The purpose wasn’t to humiliate the Commanders; it should be noted that players were dissatisfied with most of their teams when asked to evaluate them comprehensively in eight essential categories. But even in a sport full of profits-over-people leadership, the Commanders look especially bad. Even worse, it is the least surprising news of the offseason.

Still, it shouldn’t be dismissed as just another black eye for a team burdened with more controversies than you can follow. Remember this one. Mark it as a priority on the agenda of a potential new owner. It’s a rather easy action item that presents an opportunity for immediate goodwill, and if addressed properly, it could have a lasting impact in changing the franchise’s perception in the locker room, throughout the region and around the league.

...This is the latest glimpse into how much needs to be fixed after 24 years of Snyder’s negligent ownership. If there’s anything good about the soaring values of American pro sports franchises and the extreme wealth gap that limits the people who can purchase them, it’s that the buyer leading any group willing to fork over more than $6 billion will have the financial resources to afford both the toys and expenses necessary for upkeep.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm 50/50 on whether Dan doesn't really want to sell to Bezos. He's such a nitwit that I can see this as a lame attempt to jack up the price.

As for what one gets out of buying a teardown/rebuild project like the Commanders, it's not just money.

Bezos will certainly remember some of the most powerful people in the world begging to be seen with JKC in the owner's box at RFK on Sundays. You're not getting *that* in Seattle, and it's almost beyond price. The nation's capital factor, if done right, is immense. Bezos would be sure to do that right. The groveling politician factor might be even bigger this time around, since the politician in question not only gets face time on big-ratings TV, but also the chance to try snagging a big donation from Bezos.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope Dan is all flustered in his hotel room and is rushing to get down to the meeting when he spills coffee all over himself.  And he doesn't have another suit to change into so he has to go to the meeting looking like the schmuck that he is and have the other owners vote him out while he's got coffee stains all over himself.

He doesn't need to spill coffee on himself to look like a schmuck

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He doesn't need to spill coffee on himself to look like a schmuck

Are you really saying you don’t want him spilling coffee on himself? I thought you were better than that. 

Mind you I’m not talking, like, scalding sue McDonalds levels of temperature. Just lukewarm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are you really saying you don’t want him spilling coffee on himself? I thought you were better than that. 

Mind you I’m not talking, like, scalding sue McDonalds levels of temperature. Just lukewarm. 

Enough to stain his clothes and make him look as disheveled and slovenly on the outside as he is on the inside...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh. I was hoping for scarring, temperature of the sun level hot coffee..cause **** him.

I was just saying he doesn't need any help looking like a schmuck. He can do that all on his own.

How about a toilet seat cover stuck in the back of his pants Breakfast Club style?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

If you are talking about Bezos, the idea that he looks at this as a legacy thing is scary.  His other big legacy projects at least so far are fails. In any case, if you take an good look at Dan's history as owner, it was when he realized that this team was not going to be his legacy is when most of the improprieties seem to start. Yes, the character to be what he is now seems to have always been there but that didn't really come to the fore until the Shanahan fail as his focus seems to be the Dan being the primary architect of a good team that put his idol, Jerrah Jones, to shame.

If Jeff is a good choice, he better be coming here to make money, not build a legacy. I don't trust legacy builders except ones that see the legacy as just the expected fallout of a profitable organization.

Whoever needs to come here intending to build a state of the art stadium like nobody has ever seen...mabye it has a moat for watersports...elite locker rooms and fan experiences. Elite practice facilites. Possibly with kayak moats and rollerblading paths

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh what I wouldn’t give to place a couple of gallons of vanilla ice cream on his car seat on a summer day

• Haha 3

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The NFL’s team owners discussed the potential sale of the Washington Commanders and other issues regarding owner Daniel Snyder at two days of committee meetings that concluded here Tuesday but made no decisions about the prospect of taking a vote to remove him from ownership if he refuses to sell his franchise, three people with knowledge of the conversations said.

Some owners emerged from the meetings still hopeful that Snyder will agree to sell the Commanders without a vote to force a sale, said those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the confidentiality of the bidding and the possibility of an eventual legal conflict with Snyder. Other owners apparently were not as optimistic about that prospect.

Tanya Snyder, Daniel’s wife and the franchise’s co-CEO, attended the meetings at a Palm Beach resort, two people who participated in the meetings said. She has represented the Commanders at league meetings since July 2021, when the NFL announced she would oversee the franchise’s day-to-day operations for an unspecified period, following attorney Beth Wilkinson’s investigation of the team’s workplace.

Tanya Snyder attended the meetings of committees to which she is assigned, those people said. There was no indication that she addressed fellow owners about issues related to the Commanders and the prospective sale.

Several owners and the NFL declined to comment. The committee meetings were held less than three weeks ahead of the next full owners’ meeting, which is scheduled to begin March 26 in Phoenix. Not all owners attended the committee meetings.

Members of the owners’ finance committee discussed the sale of the Commanders, two people who attended the meetings said. But the league and the owners have received little feedback from Daniel Snyder about the specifics of the bidding process, those people said.

...The group of potential buyers includes Josh Harris, the owner of the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils; Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets; and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns The Washington Post. A person familiar with the bidding said last week that Daniel Snyder had, to that point, rebuffed all efforts by Bezos to enter the bidding because of his disdain for The Post’s coverage of him and the team. It was not clear, the person said, whether Snyder eventually might consider a bid by Bezos.

Some owners would like to have clarity on the sale by the Phoenix meeting and continue to hope that Snyder can be convinced to include Bezos among the bidders, sell his team voluntarily and leave the NFL without further conflict, some of the people who attended the meetings said.

But another person said Snyder’s desire to be indemnified against future legal liability and costs remains a major issue. If the league and other NFL owners won’t provide such indemnification, Snyder would be satisfied if a prospective buyer would, that person said. But the demand threatens to keep a sale from occurring, said that person, who predicted the deliberations over the process could continue into the summer or even into the fall.

The owners will not move toward a vote to remove Snyder at the March meeting, the person said. Such a maneuver by the owners to force Snyder to sell his team would require the approval of at least three-quarters of the owners.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 3

How awkward must it be to just sit there in those committees with Tanya, NOT talking about the elephant in the room as if the sale isn’t going down—while everyone walks on eggshells around it so as not to spook the other Snyder into doing anything dumb. I’m sure she’s not on any of the committees where the ownership situation was actually discussed. 

• Like 2

The former Washington long snapper was in the organization for 11 years, from 2010 through 2020. He is among the longest-tenured players under Skipper Dan’s reign. He knows things. He’s seen some stuff.

“I wasn’t surprised, especially with the grade on treatment of families,” he said.

The treatment of families, perhaps more than any other category, speaks to the organization’s lack of humanity. We are talking about, for the most part, women and children here.

Knowing what we know about Skipper Dan, it’s hardly surprising. But what Sundberg did reveal is that he shares that indifference with his first mate and wife, Tanya.

“My wife some years ago had led an effort to get the team to try to put forth a little bit of effort with game day stuff,” Sundberg said. “One of the biggest issues was there was no changing table for babies in any of the restrooms on the lower level. All the families were in one section, but there was no place to change diapers for kids. You had to go all the way up to the club level, but if you don’t have club level passes that would be a problem.

“At a women’s luncheon, one of the wives had asked them to put one in,” Sundberg said. “Tanya Snyder told her to her face, “They are expensive, and we’re going to have a new stadium in a couple of years anyway, so why do it?’

“The wife asked how much they were,” he said. “We’re not asking for every bathroom, just the one above the section where the families sit. She [Tanya Snyder] said they are about $150. The wife said, ‘I’ll give you $150 right now if you can just put one in.’ Tanya said, ‘No, no, we’re going to have a new stadium anyway, so it’s fine.’”

A new stadium. She might as well have said a new planet.

“Anytime the women wanted anything, they went to Tanya Snyder,” he said.

Many of these players are young with families just starting out, often away from their extended families. The team is supposed to be their second family.

What a lousy family.

“My wife would hold her hands out, and they would lay a blanket over her arms,” Sundberg said. “In the stands they would change the baby while my wife was holding her hands out.”

You think this doesn’t matter to free agents with families? You think this is some sort of Washington secret no one around the league knew about?

You think the NFLPA was the first one to put out a report card on all the teams about the treatment of families?

“The wives got together and got contact information for almost every single other team,” he said. “My wife put together a spreadsheet of what every team in the league offers and doesn’t offer. Washington had zero check marks across the board.”

He saw the problems franchise-wide, like the revolving door of employees who worked under what the NFL called, in the cover-up Beth Wilkinson probe, a “toxic” workplace. “They drove a lot of good employees right out the door,” Sundberg said.

“We have changing tables in all of the family restrooms on every level, and in many other restrooms throughout the stadium,” the Commanders said in response Monday.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The former Washington long snapper was in the organization for 11 years, from 2010 through 2020. He is among the longest-tenured players under Skipper Dan’s reign. He knows things. He’s seen some stuff.

“I wasn’t surprised, especially with the grade on treatment of families,” he said.

The treatment of families, perhaps more than any other category, speaks to the organization’s lack of humanity. We are talking about, for the most part, women and children here.

Knowing what we know about Skipper Dan, it’s hardly surprising. But what Sundberg did reveal is that he shares that indifference with his first mate and wife, Tanya.

“My wife some years ago had led an effort to get the team to try to put forth a little bit of effort with game day stuff,” Sundberg said. “One of the biggest issues was there was no changing table for babies in any of the restrooms on the lower level. All the families were in one section, but there was no place to change diapers for kids. You had to go all the way up to the club level, but if you don’t have club level passes that would be a problem.

“At a women’s luncheon, one of the wives had asked them to put one in,” Sundberg said. “Tanya Snyder told her to her face, “They are expensive, and we’re going to have a new stadium in a couple of years anyway, so why do it?’

“The wife asked how much they were,” he said. “We’re not asking for every bathroom, just the one above the section where the families sit. She [Tanya Snyder] said they are about $150. The wife said, ‘I’ll give you $150 right now if you can just put one in.’ Tanya said, ‘No, no, we’re going to have a new stadium anyway, so it’s fine.’”

A new stadium. She might as well have said a new planet.

“Anytime the women wanted anything, they went to Tanya Snyder,” he said.

Many of these players are young with families just starting out, often away from their extended families. The team is supposed to be their second family.

What a lousy family.

“My wife would hold her hands out, and they would lay a blanket over her arms,” Sundberg said. “In the stands they would change the baby while my wife was holding her hands out.”

You think this doesn’t matter to free agents with families? You think this is some sort of Washington secret no one around the league knew about?

You think the NFLPA was the first one to put out a report card on all the teams about the treatment of families?

“The wives got together and got contact information for almost every single other team,” he said. “My wife put together a spreadsheet of what every team in the league offers and doesn’t offer. Washington had zero check marks across the board.”

He saw the problems franchise-wide, like the revolving door of employees who worked under what the NFL called, in the cover-up Beth Wilkinson probe, a “toxic” workplace. “They drove a lot of good employees right out the door,” Sundberg said.

“We have changing tables in all of the family restrooms on every level, and in many other restrooms throughout the stadium,” the Commanders said in response Monday.  

That is ****ing embarrassing.  I mean calling it a trash organization is an insult to trash.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2