Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

What has Bezos ever done cheap? If you are talking about unskilled labor at warehouses in the fulfillment business that’s just the reality of that industry to compete with the Walmarts of the world. 

I know many people who work for AWS and Amazon Studios and they are anything but cheap. First class organizations. Blue Origin seems to be the same as well but that’s just an informed guess. 

Have you seen pics of the Amazon HQ in Seattle? Bezos knows how to make an architectural splash. I really hope it’s him.

I've said many times I am cool if its Bezos.  Equally cool if its Harris.  There are strengths and weaknesses to both IMO.

I know to some here Bezos is foolproof and perfect.  That's cool.  i am not trying to rain on that parade.  i am just giving my own opinion on what i think.  that's all.

I watch my share of MSNBC over the years and some people Bezos included got plenty of attention with plenty of commentary.  And i've heard plenty good and some bad. 

Sorry about mentioning the bad with the good :ols:  but in short i am with some of the beat writers who think Bezos has more wildcard in him than Harris.  Heck read some of the twitter comments from fans about Bezos, he is far from beloved as a choice by all.

Personally i'd like him mainly because of the stadium.  But yeah sorry I can't just ignore the two negatives I've heard about him over the years -- 1.  over the top hot temper -- condescending and big time so.  2.  his frugality which some reference that it turns to him being cheap, while some say its just him kicking butt by adding profit margin to his stock value -- but its something that has popped up plenty over the years.

One of my employee's husband worked in an Amazon wearhouse and hated it there.  Obviously that's not Bezos directly running it but its not an isolated event that working for Amazon isn't nirvana for everyone. 

Do i think he likely is a kick butt owner?  Yes.  Likely is the operatve word for me versus slam dunk.   I am not in the group here that see him as being paragon of owners.  I think he has the potential to be that for sure but I don't see it slam dunk the way some do. 

https://www.shortform.com/blog/amazon-work-culture/

Amazon: Work Culture and Being Jeff Bezos’s Employee

What is it like to work at Amazon? Is Jeff Bezos really as ruthless as his reputation indicates?

Amazon’s work culture is unlike any other technology company. Jeff Bezos is relentless about being frugal and expects every employee to work tirelessly to help build his company.

Learn what Amazon’s work culture is like below.

Amazon’s Work Culture

Jeff Bezos is famously frugal and at Amazon, work culture is a part of this method. Unlike technology companies that dote lavishly on their employees, Amazon is stingy. It believes that in the cutthroat low-margin world of retail, it needs to push for every possible advantage to reduce prices for customers.

“Frugality breeds resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and invention. There are no extra points for headcount, budget size, or fixed expense.”

• Amazon’s first office was the garage of Bezos’s Seattle house, with desks made out of $60 doors from Home Depot. The door-desks are still a common office fixture and a symbol of frugality.
  • Bezos made employees pay for parking and required all executives to fly coach. When flying on a private plane, he made a point of saying, “The company isn’t paying for this, I am.”
    • His lieutenants carry this forward. Author Brad Stone had dinner with a senior Amazon exec, who picked up the bill and tore up the receipt, saying “The company is not paying for this.”
  • At their early office building’s coffee stand, Bezos made a show of getting his loyalty card punched and handing his free drink to a colleague.
  • When a new hire joins the company, she gets a backpack with a power adapter and laptop dock. When she resigns, she’s asked to hand in all that equipment – including the backpack.
  • Bezos drove a Honda Accord in the 2000s and reportedly continues to drive a Honda minivan. Reportedly he was often dropped off by his wife (before their divorce), who also personally delivered their four children to school.

https://dennisconsorte.medium.com/a-critique-of-the-amazon-leadership-principles-part-4-148d4d054dd7

A Critique of the Amazon Leadership Principles, Part 4

Frugality

Frugality is useful for maintaining profit margins. And if you’re a start-up, then you need to bootstrap and find ways to get more done with less. You’re competing against companies with bigger pockets, so you have to be nimble and creative to produce similar outputs. To that end, if you apply the principle of frugality to your solutions, you’ll be far ahead of people who are more liberal with their spending.

That said, you have to apply frugality where your risks are low, while also being generous where it matters. If you are frugal with your employees, then you could end up with a high degree of turnover or unhappy workers who are less effective. If you are frugal with your customers, then you could end up with a lot of complaints about your products, and a decrease in the amount they spend with you over their lifetimes (i.e. LTV, or Customer Lifetime Value).

Instead, think about spending money on things that improve the quality of life for your workers. This can make a huge impact on employee satisfaction — they’ll be excited to come to work, and they’ll produce better results. Spend money on packaging if you want customers who are not just bargain-hunters. The unboxing experience will feel more rewarding for those customers who are driven by factors other than price, and they’ll be your greatest advocates. And, spend money to improve the quality of your product for the same reason. Frugality is great, so long as you are mindful of how you apply it.

https://fortune.com/2012/03/26/amazons-core-frugality/

Amazon’s core? Frugality

March 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM EDT

FORTUNE — If such a thing as corporate DNA exists, it has animated the rise of the last decade’s most successful technology companies. Google had a relentless focus on data, Apple a Zen-like obsession with simplicity, and Facebook a world of social connections to mine. Amazon has relied on an altogether more prosaic trait: thriftiness.

https://digiday.com/marketing/frugal-mentality-amazon-pitches-advertisers-cannes/

‘They have a frugal mentality’: How Amazon pitches advertisers at Cannes

It’s an approach that shows that even at the advertising industry’s splashiest event, Amazon will maintain its frugal company culture.

https://candor.co/articles/tech-careers/how-amazon-s-frugality-shows-up-in-its-employee-benefits

How Amazon's frugality shows up in its employee benefits

Widely known to have the worst benefits amongst FAANG, here's what you get at Amazon.

Amazon Tells Staff to 'Double Down on Frugality.'

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/personal-finance/articles/amazon-tells-staff-to-double-down-on-frugality-should-you/#:~:text=Key points,your means and build wealth.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141112141927-75052-practice-frugality-amazon-leadership-principle-9

Practice Frugality: Amazon Leadership Principle #9

John Rossman

Business Advisor, Author, Leadership Keynote Speaker

Published Nov 12, 2014

What can you learn from the world's most disruptive company? Try this: never spend money on things that don’t matter to customers.

Frugality breeds resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and invention. Amazon.com executives don't get extra points for headcount or budget size. The firm discourages employees from measuring their importance by the amount of money they spend. Empire-building by managers is virtually impossible, in part because there’s just no money for it.

Amazon has always been tremendously deliberate about keeping a cost-conscious, even cheap culture. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The team’s report also noted the Commanders were “consistently identified” as having an understaffed athletic training room. Players reported a lack of warm water and poor drainage in showers and minimal personal space in the locker room and on team flights.

Washington is one of six teams that require young players to share rooms on road trips.

The Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins and Las Vegas Raiders graded the highest.

The NFLPA said the basis for the survey was not, at least initially, to take action, unless obviously warranted.

“I don’t think as of now our plan was to make demands of every individual teams,” NFLPA president and former offensive lineman JC Tretter said. “… I think what they do on their on accord is going to matter a lot.”

Tretter said the union’s hope isn’t to shame owners or teams, but rather to urge the lagging teams to improve and to highlight the teams whose players reported pleasant environments.

“I think some [owners] are probably shameless at this point,” Tretter said. “You’re not going to pull on their heartstrings or convince them to do the right thing. I think that time has come and gone. But I think there will be some that read [the survey], and whether [they take it personally] or whether [they say], ‘I didn’t know about this; this isn’t fair, this isn’t right,’ I mean, there are some really basic things where it’s like, this shouldn’t be happening.”

They need to do this survey every year and hold the owners like Dan, accountable.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

They need to do this survey every year and hold the owners like Dan, accountable.

I have to wonder what the criteria was for all these questions, though. I find it inconceivable that the Cowboys would score so high...high, yes, but that high? Good thing the grades seem to have nothing to do with winning...the Chiefs have four D's themselves!

F D
Commanders 3 2
Buccaneers   2
Steelers   3
Saints 1  
Patriots   1
Rams   4
Chargers 2 2
Chiefs   4
Jaguars 1 4
Colts   1
Lions   2
Broncos   3
Browns   3
Bengals 2 2
Bears   1
Panthers   1
Ravens 1  
Falcons   2
Cardinals 5  
Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The team according to 106.7 put out a statement in response, can't find it yet though

"We can do better, and we will. My bad."

(When told the facilities predate his hiring): "I've been informed that it's still my fault."

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

“Player health and safety is our top priority, and we continue to invest in our facilities, including a new practice field, new turf in the practice bubble and increased meeting room space,” a Commanders spokesperson said in response to the survey results. “We know there is more to do, and we regularly talk with our players about ways to improve their work environment and the experience for their families.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/01/commanders-nflpa-facilities/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

“Player health and safety is our top priority, and we continue to invest in our facilities, including a new practice field, new turf in the practice bubble and increased meeting room space,” a Commanders spokesperson said in response to the survey results. “We know there is more to do, and we regularly talk with our players about ways to improve their work environment and the experience for their families.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/01/commanders-nflpa-facilities/

"I know, Mom, I'll turn it in late for half credit. Get off my ass!"

10 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

So when does the fan stadium experience survey come out ?  Or Not? Love to see another 32 ranking for Dan. Poll the ticket holders of each team and rank them. Its only fair since they put the bucks up.

They sent it out with 29-cent stamps.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Then why doesn’t he just pull out of the bidding for Washington and wait on Seattle? 

No one knows what's going on behind the scene right now. Everything is rumor and speculation. My point was that he won't be bummed if he doesn't get the Commanders.

41 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:
  F D
Commanders 3 2
Buccaneers   2
Steelers   3
Saints 1  
Patriots   1
Rams   4
Chargers 2 2
Chiefs   4
Jaguars 1 4
Colts   1
Lions   2
Broncos   3
Browns   3
Bengals 2 2
Bears   1
Panthers   1
Ravens 1  
Falcons   2
Cardinals 5  

Does that make the Cardinals owner, the Bidwill family, worse owners then Snyder? I always thought they were pretty bad.

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

The timing of the release of that information is noteworthy.

Drives down value. 

You can add all facilities to the list of things needing significant investment by the new owner. 

• Thumb up 1

Amazon’s work culture is unlike any other technology company. Jeff Bezos is relentless about being frugal and expects every employee to work tirelessly to help build his company.

That was a great post.  I don't really like what it says (that Bezos isn't really going to be a lavish spender), but adding like 9 articles was a nice flex.  

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

So when does the fan stadium experience survey come out ?  Or Not? Love to see another 32 ranking for Dan. Poll the ticket holders of each team and rank them. Its only fair since they put the bucks up.

Nah, poll the media and the players. They’re the only ones that get to see the ins and outs of the stadium. I don’t want some slapdick Snyder sycophants (they exist) driving up the score. 

I can’t imagine who could be in the running against us for the ****tiest stadium in the league but I have to think we’d win by a comfortable amount.  Taking everything into account, location, media access, fan experience, locker rooms, press box, media rooms, there’s not one redeeming thing about the place. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That was a great post.  I don't really like what it says (that Bezos isn't really going to be a lavish spender), but adding like 9 articles was a nice flex.  

Thanks.

He could be a big spender here.  I get the point that some push on that front.  He is obviously insanely rich.   But there is some devil advocate push back to that point.  My gut is he wouldn't be cheap running this franchise.  But I don't think its slam dunk.

Harris from what some have said does like to spend well on facilites-trappings for players.  Maybe Bezos does the same.  I do agree that Bezos is probably the best shot at getting the stadium in DC.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I’ve been in that locker room after games where it’s bananas, Gatorade and maybe some granola bars. No postgame spread or anything. 

Now I know that’s not what’s being served at the facility but I swear to God a little league mom could do better postgame. @TKand @Destinocould confirm. 

You know there was once a CSN beat reporter that complained about the Press Box serving hot dogs & popcorn. Word got back to Dan about it & he had her access removed to the point she was transferred to the Houston market. Last I heard she was selling real estate in San Fran.

I'll say this though, I'd rank FedEx last in the Division as far as press box spreads go. Philly/NY breakfast is almost tied. Maybe a slight edge to Philly for the omelet station. Dallas at Thanksgiving is AMAZING. Plus they tap a keg at the end of the 3rd Quarter. 

• Like 5

I've said many times I am cool if its Bezos.  Equally cool if its Harris.  There are strengths and weaknesses to both IMO.

I know to some here Bezos is foolproof and perfect.  That's cool.  i am not trying to rain on that parade.  i am just giving my own opinion on what i think.  that's all.

I watch my share of MSNBC over the years and some people Bezos included got plenty of attention with plenty of commentary.  And i've heard plenty good and some bad. 

Sorry about mentioning the bad with the good :ols:  but in short i am with some of the beat writers who think Bezos has more wildcard in him than Harris.  Heck read some of the twitter comments from fans about Bezos, he is far from beloved as a choice by all.

Personally i'd like him mainly because of the stadium.  But yeah sorry I can't just ignore the two negatives I've heard about him over the years -- 1.  over the top hot temper -- condescending and big time so.  2.  his frugality which some reference that it turns to him being cheap, while some say its just him kicking butt by adding profit margin to his stock value -- but its something that has popped up plenty over the years.

One of my employee's husband worked in an Amazon wearhouse and hated it there.  Obviously that's not Bezos directly running it but its not an isolated event that working for Amazon isn't nirvana for everyone. 

Do i think he likely is a kick butt owner?  Yes.  Likely is the operatve word for me versus slam dunk.   I am not in the group here that see him as being paragon of owners.  I think he has the potential to be that for sure but I don't see it slam dunk the way some do. 

https://www.shortform.com/blog/amazon-work-culture/

Amazon: Work Culture and Being Jeff Bezos’s Employee

What is it like to work at Amazon? Is Jeff Bezos really as ruthless as his reputation indicates?

Learn what Amazon’s work culture is like below.

Amazon’s Work Culture

Jeff Bezos is famously frugal and at Amazon, work culture is a part of this method. Unlike technology companies that dote lavishly on their employees, Amazon is stingy. It believes that in the cutthroat low-margin world of retail, it needs to push for every possible advantage to reduce prices for customers.

“Frugality breeds resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and invention. There are no extra points for headcount, budget size, or fixed expense.”

• Amazon’s first office was the garage of Bezos’s Seattle house, with desks made out of $60 doors from Home Depot. The door-desks are still a common office fixture and a symbol of frugality.
  • Bezos made employees pay for parking and required all executives to fly coach. When flying on a private plane, he made a point of saying, “The company isn’t paying for this, I am.”
    • His lieutenants carry this forward. Author Brad Stone had dinner with a senior Amazon exec, who picked up the bill and tore up the receipt, saying “The company is not paying for this.”
  • At their early office building’s coffee stand, Bezos made a show of getting his loyalty card punched and handing his free drink to a colleague.
  • When a new hire joins the company, she gets a backpack with a power adapter and laptop dock. When she resigns, she’s asked to hand in all that equipment – including the backpack.
  • Bezos drove a Honda Accord in the 2000s and reportedly continues to drive a Honda minivan. Reportedly he was often dropped off by his wife (before their divorce), who also personally delivered their four children to school.

https://dennisconsorte.medium.com/a-critique-of-the-amazon-leadership-principles-part-4-148d4d054dd7

A Critique of the Amazon Leadership Principles, Part 4

Frugality

Frugality is useful for maintaining profit margins. And if you’re a start-up, then you need to bootstrap and find ways to get more done with less. You’re competing against companies with bigger pockets, so you have to be nimble and creative to produce similar outputs. To that end, if you apply the principle of frugality to your solutions, you’ll be far ahead of people who are more liberal with their spending.

That said, you have to apply frugality where your risks are low, while also being generous where it matters. If you are frugal with your employees, then you could end up with a high degree of turnover or unhappy workers who are less effective. If you are frugal with your customers, then you could end up with a lot of complaints about your products, and a decrease in the amount they spend with you over their lifetimes (i.e. LTV, or Customer Lifetime Value).

Instead, think about spending money on things that improve the quality of life for your workers. This can make a huge impact on employee satisfaction — they’ll be excited to come to work, and they’ll produce better results. Spend money on packaging if you want customers who are not just bargain-hunters. The unboxing experience will feel more rewarding for those customers who are driven by factors other than price, and they’ll be your greatest advocates. And, spend money to improve the quality of your product for the same reason. Frugality is great, so long as you are mindful of how you apply it.

https://fortune.com/2012/03/26/amazons-core-frugality/

Amazon’s core? Frugality

March 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM EDT

FORTUNE — If such a thing as corporate DNA exists, it has animated the rise of the last decade’s most successful technology companies. Google had a relentless focus on data, Apple a Zen-like obsession with simplicity, and Facebook a world of social connections to mine. Amazon has relied on an altogether more prosaic trait: thriftiness.

https://digiday.com/marketing/frugal-mentality-amazon-pitches-advertisers-cannes/

‘They have a frugal mentality’: How Amazon pitches advertisers at Cannes

It’s an approach that shows that even at the advertising industry’s splashiest event, Amazon will maintain its frugal company culture.

https://candor.co/articles/tech-careers/how-amazon-s-frugality-shows-up-in-its-employee-benefits

How Amazon's frugality shows up in its employee benefits

Widely known to have the worst benefits amongst FAANG, here's what you get at Amazon.

Amazon Tells Staff to 'Double Down on Frugality.'

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/personal-finance/articles/amazon-tells-staff-to-double-down-on-frugality-should-you/#:~:text=Key points,your means and build wealth.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141112141927-75052-practice-frugality-amazon-leadership-principle-9

Practice Frugality: Amazon Leadership Principle #9

John Rossman

Business Advisor, Author, Leadership Keynote Speaker

Published Nov 12, 2014

What can you learn from the world's most disruptive company? Try this: never spend money on things that don’t matter to customers.

Frugality breeds resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and invention. Amazon.com executives don't get extra points for headcount or budget size. The firm discourages employees from measuring their importance by the amount of money they spend. Empire-building by managers is virtually impossible, in part because there’s just no money for it.

Amazon has always been tremendously deliberate about keeping a cost-conscious, even cheap culture. 

Most of this is nonsense particularly about him driving a Honda. Maybe back in the 90s. His yacht cost $500 million alone and it has a second yacht as a support boat he lands his chopper on. That shadow boat is worth more than Dan’s.

He has been burning money since he started dating Sanchez. Nothing is going to be cheap about him. Harris on the other hand will milk the fans for every penny because that’s the business he’s in.