Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

..Dan did buy the site at some point but had nothing to do with creating it.

Wait what! You mean Snyder owns this joint? I thought it was a fan site!!??!

Now I'm wondering if Dan will have a scorched earth policy on the way out?

Will he seek vengeance upon those of us on the forum that have called for his ouster!?!?

--shudder--

Uhm...speaking solely for myself I have often been disgusted with the foul things some of you have said about our benevolent dictator!

I have always defended him and his lovely uber talented designing wife Tanya-- in my heart if not exactly in my words-- and have felt he has been tragically misunderstood by the general public and maligned unfairly by the press.

I stand firmly with my beloved owner Mr Snyder just as long as he remains in office and has the power to utterly destroy me on the way out.

May God have mercy on the rest of you for Mr Snyder certainly will not.. His wrath will be total and I will be right by his side as loyal as a basset hound while he terrorizes those who have betrayed him on his forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Cooke hired B.Betherd who hired Gibbs, who helped bring great coaches and players = Super Bowls.    Dan fired the office, fired the ground crew, fired the GM then coach= No Clue from 20 years of hands on wrecking the team.     New Owner?  Hope we pick one more like Jack, only big mistake not leaving son enough money to buy the team.  Hope new owner evaluates the office, team, coaches, workers before cutting them if need be. May need a new competent GM and let him try, stay out of the way. We need a lot of luck to get the right owner this time and who will make the right choices.                    

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Kevin Sheehan gave the same reasoning I gave except I didnt take into account Tanya Snyder being booed. That legitimately might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. 

If find that hard to believe personally that they thought she would get some other response.  Plus, I've heard it said that this didn't just happen in the last couple weeks.  A decision of this magnitudes, with all the moving parts, the wheels were surely in motion prior to the GB game.  I think the booing was incidental.

I for one have enjoyed this site since the day I joined in 03 Now it's gonna suck every time I log on because one day Dan is gonna remember were here and turn off the lights. Hopefully we don't see that stupid blue and white screen, that will say "site permanently shut down".  Will the new owner create a site or one of you wealthy IT types? Losing the site is a small price to pay for getting rid of Dan Snyder though. You're the greatest Tanya! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 4th and 20 said:

Long time lurker here, signed in again  for the first time in a decade to celebrate with the gang. It's finally happening!!!

There may be some hope left for the team after all. I may finally encourage my kids to be a fan of this team.

Welcome back. Place hasn't been the same without you.

• Haha 13

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the decision was made when the name was dropped. The name change could have solely been about maximizing value of the asset. 

The WJ3 contract makes no sense in that context because of all the garunteed money.

20 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Cooke hired B.Betherd who hired Gibbs, who helped bring great coaches and players = Super Bowls.    Dan fired the office, fired the ground crew, fired the GM then coach= No Clue from 20 years of hands on wrecking the team.     New Owner?  Hope we pick one more like Jack, only big mistake not leaving son enough money to buy the team.  Hope new owner evaluates the office, team, coaches, workers before cutting them if need be. May need a new competent GM and let him try, stay out of the way. We need a lot of luck to get the right owner this time and who will make the right choices.                    

It does not have to be that hard. Pick a GM that you agree with how they manage and the culture and overall type of team vision he has. Get out fof the way. Let them pick the HC they want even if you are not sure. Let the HC pick thier assistants. If he is not successful in 4 yrs try someone new. 

As for who is the new owner, I could careless for the most part. There are a few people I see as worse than Danny boy but will keep that to myself. Bezos is no angel but it's unlikely anyone who can afford the team will be. Just get danny out and we can take our chances. We know the outcome with dan. At least there will be some mystery with a new owner. 

Oh and whoever created the @MIB__KEVIN profile to **** with people - that was entertaining as hell. Not sure I have seen one poster type so many of the dumbest things possible in one setting. Well done!  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, 4th and 20 said:

Long time lurker here, signed in again  for the first time in a decade to celebrate with the gang. It's finally happening!!!

There may be some hope left for the team after all. I may finally encourage my kids to be a fan of this team.

Welcome back!

This my friends is what this long hard struggle has really been about.

"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul."

• Like 2

I have been playing the "when do we hit rock bottom" prediction game. For what seems like 6 years and its been one bottom after another. No, it wasn't renaming the team for 8 games after 2 f'in years only to have to change the name again. I think its whatever Mary Jo White unearthed, that was NOT buried by Dan and his cronies which is what happened in the never released Wilkinson report. Irsay's drunken loose lips sink rich dudes yachts public comments may have been the final nudge to topple Dan.

All hail Mary Jo White! Or as she likes to now be called, Commander White.

Official portrait of Mary Jo White.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.30.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.30.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.31.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.32.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.32.34 AM.png

When Snyder threatened the owners with dirt, presumably acquired from his coterie of trenchcoat wearing private investigators, he crossed the proverbial Rubicon.

No way the NFL approves anything less than a total sale of the franchise.

They have decided to scrape Snyder away from the league as if he were a barnacle stuck to an otherwise pristine luxury yacht.

Hard nasty work to be sure but absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

People have to drop the minority stake theory.

1. No one in their right mind would sign up for a minority stake right now. Even if you'd be willing to do it with Snyder (for whatever reason, the last minority owners sued him), you would wait until at least the MJW and the Congressional investigation are completed. Now a criminal investigation has started. You are in for a long ride of legal troubles and tank your public picture without any real upside besides being in the owner club (but not in the real owner club).
  2. The NFL would need to accept such a deal and why would they do that at this point in time? They want to get rid of Snyder, we all know that by now. The only way for him to weasel out of this mess would probably be a Stadium deal. But even with a new minority owner the chances are slim to none that he gets it - and forget about DC. With a new owner, everything is back on the table.
  3. Has anyone ever heard of such a leak when a team sold a minority stake? No one cares about minority stakes. They are usually done and then disclosed at some point. This was a major news story that broke and got reported by everyone. The team has always categorically denied a sale of the entire franchise, until yesterday. Now that they contemplate a sale of the franchise, the interest in a minority stake with Snyder should be even lower than it was before. Why not become a minority owner with another (new) owner then?
    The leak sounds like nothing more than an attempt to drive the price.

This is for the whole thing and that was clear the minute it broke yesterday. I know people are suspicious and want to temper expectations but this is happening. And I bet it'll happen pretty fast.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So, my wife watches a whole lot of Lifetime, TLC, trashy rom/coms with ridiculous plots, etc.  I can't help but imagine this playing out one way.

Rich, single, multi-billionaire playboy who is at least six feet tall with rippling abs has been secretly buying up all the minority stakes in the team, but it isn't enough.  A chance meeting at a (charity fundraiser/political dinner) is where he meets Tanya Snyder.  She is smitten, but he is distant as he has plowed through 100 women in search of something that will rekindle a fire inside that he hasn't known for years.  But there's something about her...

Another chance meeting, then another.

Finally, after 90 tv minutes of angst, they consummate with fiery passion.  A week later, Tanya Snyder sells him enough of her stake to put him at 51% and he becomes the majority owner.  Then she divorces Dan Snyder and marries the billionaire playboy, and then something else happens where they get the rest of the minority stake from him, I couldn't be bothered to figure that part out.

Dan is rich and disheveled (basically how he looks in recent photos) and fades into obscurity.  Rich playboy and Tanya guide the team to multiple superbowls.

I'd almost feel bad for Dan in this scenario, but between suing season ticket holders, the cheerleader spy tape scandal, and everything else, I'd probably laugh my ass off.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You know i'd love a presser from the commish and the NFL owners publicly apologizing to us fans for having to endure over two decades of turmoil.  They should have done more when they had their chances and they had MANY chances.  It can come after his ouster, but I think it's appropriate.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Forehead said:

So, my wife watches a whole lot of Lifetime, TLC, trashy rom/coms with ridiculous plots, etc.  I can't help but imagine this playing out one way.

Rich, single, multi-billionaire playboy who is at least six feet tall with rippling abs has been secretly buying up all the minority stakes in the team, but it isn't enough.  A chance meeting at a (charity fundraiser/political dinner) is where he meets Tanya Snyder.  She is smitten, but he is distant as he has plowed through 100 women in search of something that will rekindle a fire inside that he hasn't known for years.  But there's something about her...

Finally, after 90 tv minutes of angst, they consummate with fiery passion.  A week later, Tanya Snyder sells him enough of her stake to put him at 51% and he becomes the majority owner.  Then she divorces Dan Snyder and marries the billionaire playboy, and then something else happens where they get the rest of the minority stake from him, I couldn't be bothered to figure that part out.

Dan is rich and disheveled (basically how he looks in recent photos) and fades into obscurity.  Rich playboy and Tanya guide the team to multiple superbowls.

I'd almost feel bad for Dan in this scenario, but between suing season ticket holders, the cheerleader spy tape scandal, and everything else, I'd probably laugh my ass off.

Have the setting be during Christmas and make the rich, single, multi-billionaire a widow, and it could be a Hallmark movie lol...

• Haha 2

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Have the setting be during Christmas and make the rich, single, multi-billionaire a widow, and it could be a Hallmark movie lol...

He will need to have a little girl or something too.  And he probably needs to like walks with coffee.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Finally, after 90 tv minutes of angst, they consummate with fiery passion. 

You can't help but imagine this

Interesting.  

• Haha 1