Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

:ols:

I love the lipstick on a pig treatment of Heinicke now.

Dude practically did everything he could to lose the game, and then got bailed out at the end when Terry snatched away another interception.

Yes TH made a couple of nice plays on that drive, but we need to be honest here: he was awful for about 99% of the game, and had little to do with the miracle catch at the end.

More like 80 percent of the game.

the thing is he wins some how despite his limits. If he played with the crazy all game he could be acceptable 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, zCommander said:

It is no differnet than a hail mary throw. Our guy won the battle. We won. Move on!

Yes, we won. Terry made an amazing play. I just think it's wild (but predictable) how the Hive somehow tries to make it seem like TH wasn't terrible for pretty much the entire game and didn't just get ultra lucky on that play.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

People always complaining about a win. It’s a win folks. Ask any NFL player and they will say it’s not easy to get one. Sure we may not go anywhere this season but it keeps us in the hunt for a wildcard and at least some meaningful games in November and December. 

Next year is next year. Getting a high draft pick should never be our goal. 

I used to think wins with a team that was going nowhere was counter productive and would prefer the higher draft pick.  But I'm getting older and don't want to spend the rest of my life wanting them to lose bc next years draft will turn them around.  I agree, enjoy the win and worry about the draft next spring.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  Because I have to listen to ignorant ass hats all week try and sell TH as some type of savior and should start games by choice rather than necessity.  

And there is nothing to celebrate about that. 

I like taylor but i really think when howell is ready we need to start him

• Like 2

Why the hell follow this team if you can’t appreciate a win? Step away and just stop following them, the colts aren’t some terrible team. The best teams in the league play games that come down to the wire, bad teams lose those games and good teams win. And no, I’m not saying we are a good team. Just that good teams play down to the wire most weeks. Its sad to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes TH made a couple of nice plays on that drive, but we need to be honest here: he was awful for about 99% of the game, and had little to do with the miracle catch at the end.

He made the last play need a miracle pass because he under threw a wide open TM by 8 yards.  

I mean, that’s something, right?

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

You all do realize who owns our team, right??  We could have the #1 pick and this organization would 100% screw it up.  Gotta take your bright spots where you can and hope they eventually vote him off the island.  

That's my take. Hitting on a top pick is like that TH 50/50 ball for this organization. Take the W's when you can! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But what would be nicer is if he were able to play that way for all 60 minutes instead of the last 3 so we could actually beat teams convincingly instead of these bull**** ass last minute rabbit out of a hat heroics.  

That's Turner...no aggression until desperation. He worked the sidelines at least..but he played it safe most of the game on 1st down...

• Like 3

Just now, zCommander said:

It is no differnet than a hail mary throw. Our guy won the battle. We won. Move on!

Not even close to the same

Terry had 5 yards of separation w/ nobody over the top

TH threw a duck that turns the play into a contested catch jump ball w/ double reception.

A decent pass is a walk-in TD.

The pass we got once again risked our best players health by putting him in a high risk situation, the same thing that was done all last year.

That play could have been a pick, an injury for Terry or broken up. It had no business risking any of that.

This was not throwing a pass up to give a guy a chance. This was throwing a horrible pass to a wide open player that bails his QB our w/ a terrific play.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Yes, we won. Terry made an amazing play. I just think it's wild (but predictable) how the Hive somehow tries to make it seem like TH wasn't terrible for pretty much the entire game and didn't just get ultra lucky on that play.

Luck? Taylor knew what he was doing and who he was gunning for when he motioned Terry to go when Terry was stopped. Like I have said before it was an improvised throw and not just a normal route throw where a QB knows where the WR is going to be. Taylor threw the ball hoping Terry would be in the spot and if there was no defender there than everyone would have been like what an awesome throw so it made it look like hail mary throw which I think what it turned out to be and our guy won the battle. But if you want to just turn on your blinders more power to you. I know what I saw and it was not a lucky a throw - it was a huge gamble throw and we come up on top of it. End of story. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I used to think wins with a team that was going nowhere was counter productive and would prefer the higher draft pick.  But I'm getting older and don't want to spend the rest of my life wanting them to lose bc next years draft will turn them around.  I agree, enjoy the win and worry about the draft next spring.

If we draft a great qb with a high pick, they’ll end up being a serial killer anyway.  Or the league will take away the pick because of Snyder.

Everyone complaining about the win needs a Colts fan co-worker who’s young enough to not know Colts football before Peyton to dunk on tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to be completely shocked if the combined score of the next 2 weeks isn’t something approaching 70-20. 

The colts fielded an offense with a 6th round QB in his first game.  The packers brought Joe Barry. 

TH totally lucked out he could play in those scenarios.

They’re going to be curb stomped with this type of offense the best 2 weeks.  

You giving Kirk waaaay too much credit...

He's due to choke and we are due for revenge...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Why the hell follow this team if you can’t appreciate a win? Step away and just stop following them, the colts aren’t some terrible team. The best teams in the league play games that come down to the wire, bad teams lose those games and good teams win. And no, I’m not saying we are a good team. Just that good teams play down to the wire most weeks. Its sad to be honest.

Anyone that roots for draft picks instead of wins is not a true fan. It's that simple.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CommanderCarson said:

^^^Closely rivaling the Hive, is the “You fans suck, stop watching” guy.^^^

• Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase all make that catch, land on their feet, and drag the defender into the endzone.  Heinicke had to bail out Terry and get the ball across the goal line.  

Oh shut up.  

90% of the time that throw ends up as either knocked down or an INT.

It was short of the goal line and the receiver has to run back into the field of play to make the catch.  

Physics say it would be almost impossible to catch that ball falling down going into the field of play and then reverse field to score.

Now, I would argue 31 other QBs playing this week could get the ball 5-8 yards further to Terry just catches it in stride without having to be a magician.

but alas. We chose to have the literal most limited QB in the NFL as our backup.
So you live with that. 

EDIT: if this was sarcasm I apologize and agree and endorse the sarcasm. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

So many salty winners here tonight. TH ain't the future, but he's what this team had last year and they gel around him. For all their faults, this team rallies behind TH. Been a fan a LOOONG time and could usually walk away from this game knowing we lost. Under TH they have been a mixed bag, but competitive until the last second. Lighten up.

• Like 3