Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken #1QB. Now who should start?

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s Snyderitis.

The same folks will be going on and on about how all the coaches are trash, roster is trash, need to blow everything up, etc.

Yet still be trying to envision winning games with TH and doing playoff math.  It’s bizarre, but that’s what Snyder has given us for 23 years.

“We’ve been rebuilding for 30 years” 

Havent rebuilt once. Or even attempted 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Heinicke is the backup. This is what he gets paid for. Trotting out Howell behind a backup Center isn't ideal. (and Larson is coming off injury too)

Most likely the back to back against NY will end our season and we might see some Howell after that. 

We can then cut Wentz without a cap hit in 2023. 

If we're still alive in 6 weeks then Wentz goes back in.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Heinicke is the backup. This is what he gets paid for. Trotting out Howell behind a backup Center isn't ideal. (and Larson is coming off injury too)

Most likely the back to back against NY will end our season and we might see some Howell after that. 

We can then cut Wentz without a cap hit in 2023. 

If we're still alive in 6 weeks then Wentz goes back in.

If taylor wins games and plays well wentz wont play again even if he comes back

50 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

Wouldn't it be so us if TH looks like Bucs 2020, ......Chase comes back and looks like Parsons, and we go on a significant winning spree?? 

That would be the opposite of us.

A sneaky little streak beating bad to okay teams, dropping further back in draft order, only to revert back to reality soon thereafter…that would be us.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderDOOM said:

Wouldn't it be so us if TH looks like Bucs 2020, ......Chase comes back and looks like Parsons, and we go on a significant winning spree?? 

Then lose 3 straight to miss the paloffs at 7-10.

Yeah, that's your Commanders alright. 

• Like 1

Bought 6 tickets have not gone since the RG3 games. Looking forward to the flash plays.Got my TH Jersey uniy heading out early sun. Really looking forward to it.

And thank you CW for sticking it out...your the man!

Edited by TChaler70
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Conn said:

It’s cute that you think it’ll take till week 14 for it to become obvious that the team and season are dead in the water 

No, I have no doubt they'll be dead in the water before that. I just don't think, if TH is healthy and playing at any kind of competent level (i.e. - scoring points and not fumbling/throwing multiple picks every game), that they go into "evaluate for next year" mode until December.

I actually wish they'd just put Howell in sooner than later, but the optics would be terrible for a HC who believes they are going to turn things around this season.  

20 hours ago, panel said:

Our best QBs have developed when slowly giving them experience (Thiesmann, Rypien, Cousins). 

Two of those QBs were 30-40 years ago and are not relevant to the way the team has been run for the last 20+ years.  The third was close to NFL ready when drafted, but spent three years on the bench because Synder demanded that his inferior hand-picked QB start whenever healthy..

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, London Kev said:

A lot of replies in this thread seem to be based on feels and/or favouritism.

If you take a step back there's only one logical answer. So, if you want to win your next game and your starter is unavailable for whatever reason, do you start your second string or your third string player at that position?

If they go with the third string player then what is the point of even having depth charts?

I think you're right and believe that's ultimately what happens. Heiny will get the start. But I would honestly prefer to see what Howell can do... if, of course, he's deemed ready by the coaches. I have no idea what his grasp is on the playbook. For me, that's the determining factor. I just want to give him enough time to help the team decide how early they need to take a QB next draft. 

1 hour ago, evmiii said:

Relax everybody, Taylor size and style of play have almost always resulted in injury so I expect we’ll see Sam when Taylor gets dinged up.

Except he didn't get dinged up at all as a starter most of last year?  And I'm no TH apologist, but c'mon man.

• Thumb up 1

Why do I feel like there’s an inordinate number of updates about a finger?

i mean here’s another one. Feels like the organization is trying to desperately push out that he won’t be out long. They do not want Taylor to play. They are so desperate to win

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

i mean here’s another one. Feels like the organization is trying to desperately push out that he won’t be out long. They do not want Taylor to play. They are so desperate to win

Gotta get those 7 wins one way or another.

• Sad 1