Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re getting tons of love for this hire, not sure what you mean.

A lot of what I'm seeing is reporters clamoring that Eric B. shouldn't have to make a lateral move to such a garbage team. Poor Eric B, stuck going to the trash Commanders who don't deserve him. I keep hearing "Why does he HAVE to go to the Commanders, why won't the NFL give him a HC gig? Its not fair that he has to go to the Commanders.".

As a black man, where were all of these "woke" people when he WASN'T getting hired? He finally makes a move that is great for him, great for us and NOW they want to speak up? The NFL sports media machine is trash. 

Edit: If anything, Rivera should be commended for making sure Eric B. gets as much as he deserves.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 3

There were plenty of people complaining about the fact that he didn’t get a HC gig from last year into this one. Not sure how you could possibly miss that. 

I think some of y’all just want something to be pissed about and I will have to accept that lol

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

OMG!!! He’s Satanic!!! This reminds me of the Judas Priest records. This explains everything! The Chiefs sold their souls to the devil to win championships. 

Now, we will too!

Dan Snyder has always been soulless.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There were plenty of people complaining about the fact that he didn’t get a HC gig from last year into this one. Not sure how you could possibly miss that. 

I think some of y’all just want something to be pissed about and I will have to accept that lol

If I remember correctly, they were definitely more people saying that Eric B should hedge his bets and stay in KC last year and even this year..

Edited by Simmsy

7 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

That Eric Bieniemy is hitching his wagon to Sam Howell speaks volumes and should be very encouraging to us.

It’s one thing for us to be bullish on Howell, but Bieniemy has a lot of skin in the game. I’m fired up to see what the kid can do in Year 2.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

That Eric Bieniemy is hitching his wagon to Sam Howell speaks volumes and should be very encouraging to us.

It’s one thing for us to be bullish on Howell, but Bieniemy has a lot of skin in the game. I’m fired up to see what the kid can do in Year 2.

Well... this makes me more excited about giving it a shot with Howell

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I did not want Eric, Mahomes just made Eric look good so that sucks 

That may be true. It also may not be true as any coordinator with a great QB also has the ability to bring many of their own strengths to the table. 

The most important thing though is that we have no idea whether it’s true or not, which makes your post dumb. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB’s hire might not change anything at qb but if we get new owner by 3/26 that might change. The new owner may want us to get a qb and not just rely on Howell.

Why are you so into the idea that our next owner might be Snyder 2.0 and dictate a bunch of personnel moves to his football guys? You’ve been posting about it constantly as if that’s a normal thing to expect. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

A lot of what I'm seeing is reporters clamoring that Eric B. shouldn't have to make a lateral move to such a garbage team. Poor Eric B, stuck going to the trash Commanders who don't deserve him. I keep hearing "Why does he HAVE to go to the Commanders, why won't the NFL give him a HC gig? Its not fair that he has to go to the Commanders.".

As a black man, where were all of these "woke" people when he WASN'T getting hired? He finally makes a move that is great for him, great for us and NOW they want to speak up? The NFL sports media machine is trash. 

Edit: If anything, Rivera should be commended for making sure Eric B. gets as much as he deserves.

This has been a topic of discussion and outrage for like five years, where have you been? Just because you haven’t paid attention and haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. That’s actually been, by far, the prevailing narrative around Bieniemy for the past few offseasons. That’s been almost exclusively what people have been saying. That’s why they didn’t think he should have to work here to “prove himself”. The idea that these people are only coming out of the woodwork now after he got hired here is completely and laughably false. If you asked the average NFL fan in the last few years about Bieniemy what they’d probably have said was “oh you mean the Chiefs OC who I keep hearing on ESPN can’t get hired as a HC for some unfair reason?” That’s how consistent and prevalent the narrative around him every offseason has been if you tune into that stuff.

And they’re right about this franchise btw, until Snyder sells and the new owner turns it around. 

But from our point of view AS the dumpster fire franchise they refer to that benefited from his misfortune, I’ve mostly only seen positive reviews of our move. Lauding it as a shrewd, smart move that could help both parties. Plenty of props to Rivera as well, just like you’re saying there should be. You just need to get outside your outrage bubble. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Would have been nice to come to the board and see the man's name in the OC thread as an update by mods. Or a new thread.  Instead it just went from rumor and discussion thread to...well where's Waldo on the news.  I got more from his picture on the site as news.

If you're going to have a mega thread at least update it with official news like FA threads etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

This has been a topic of discussion and outrage for like five years, where have you been? Just because you haven’t paid attention and haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. That’s actually been, by far, the prevailing narrative around Bieniemy for the past few offseasons. That’s been almost exclusively what people have been saying. That’s why they didn’t think he should have to work here to “prove himself”. The idea that these people are only coming out of the woodwork now after he got hired here is completely and laughably false. If you asked the average NFL fan in the last few years about Bieniemy what they’d probably have said was “oh you mean the Chiefs OC who I keep hearing on ESPN can’t get hired as a HC for some unfair reason?” That’s how consistent and prevalent the narrative around him every offseason has been if you tune into that stuff.

And they’re right about this franchise btw, until Snyder sells and the new owner turns it around. 

But from our point of view AS the dumpster fire franchise they refer to that benefited from his misfortune, I’ve mostly only seen positive reviews of our move. Lauding it as a shrewd, smart move that could help both parties. Plenty of props to Rivera as well, just like you’re saying there should be. You just need to get outside your outrage bubble. 

I have heard people talk about it before, but this level of media coverage and fake outrage from all of these pundits is all new. Did he get a head coaching job here? No, but what else more could Ron give him besides his own job? The same media pundits that did nothing for him last year, continue to do nothing for Eric B today. I can't say the man got everything he wanted, but I'm going to assume that he's very happy with what he got and being hired here. Andy Reid has pushed him to get a chance, Rivera has given him a chance to run his entire offense...why isn't that the story? All parties involved seem pretty happy here except for the media, who wants to **** on it for what reason? For clicks, to be on the right side of history? The man just got a lot closer to his dream, let him have it!

I'm sure some people see Eric B. as the "guy who is treated unfairly", but a lot of people (even in this thread) see him as "the guy who can't get hired, there must be SOMETHING seriously wrong with him". That seems to be the sentiment of a lot folks "It was Reid doing it", "He doesn't call plays", "He has MaHomes", etc. There were plenty of excuses made as to why he wasn't hired.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Bienemy ain’t taking this job if he didn’t truly believe in Howell the prospect and/or believe in the young talent already on the team. 

I don’t think people truly appreciate how much talent we’ve assembled on offense. Dotson Terry and Samuel is an OC’s dream. Robinson is going to be a bonafide stud idc what his stats say about last year, he passes the eye test. And Gibson is an awesome chess piece. And then you’re backed by a defense that makes it hard to score 20 on a good day. 

Anyone that thinks this is a “trash” franchise that is some dumpster fire is just regurgitating a bunch of BS cause Snyder and the team have always been and will be an easy target until he sells and the team actually wins more than 8-9 games at their peak. 

I can confidently say this is the most talented young roster we’ve had in town in 20 plus years and that’s a big reason bienemy took the job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Agree to disagree...or knife fight behind the Waffle House.

I love knives. I was good enough that I'd make the joke "you're the kind of guy who brings a gun to what's going to be a knife fight." 

I could do what James Coburn does to dumbass cowpoke in the OG Magnificent Seven.

But I digress.....

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I love knives. I was good enough that I'd make the joke "you're the kind of guy who brings a gun to what's going to be a knife fight." 

I could do what James Coburn does to dumbass cowpoke in the OG Magnificent Seven.

But I digress.....

Sorry, the gunfights are behind IHOP.

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

But I digress.....

Scene with McQueen and brynner In the hurst is classic

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Would have been nice to come to the board and see the man's name in the OC thread as an update by mods. Or a new thread.  Instead it just went from rumor and discussion thread to...well where's Waldo on the news.  I got more from his picture on the site as news.

If you're going to have a mega thread at least update it with official news like FA threads etc

You must have missed the picture of EB signing his contract with the team helmet in front of him in this thread either late yesterday or early today. That looked pretty official!

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Why are you so into the idea that our next owner might be Snyder 2.0 and dictate a bunch of personnel moves to his football guys? You’ve been posting about it constantly as if that’s a normal thing to expect. 

Going back a full year + to when @88Comrade2000 was stating loudly we weren’t going to give Terry a deal, I can’t think of one personnel or coaching position he has taken which has turned out to be true.  

He always takes the most negative position possible and then ends up being wrong. 

In this case it might not be extremely negative, but it flies in the face of just about every ownership l change so me Snyder bought the Redskins in 1999.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I have heard people talk about it before, but this level of media coverage and fake outrage from all of these pundits is all new. Did he get a head coaching job here? No, but what else more could Ron give him besides his own job? The same media pundits that did nothing for him last year, continue to do nothing for Eric B today. I can't say the man got everything he wanted, but I'm going to assume that he's very happy with what he got and being hired here. Andy Reid has pushed him to get a chance, Rivera has given him a chance to run his entire offense...why isn't that the story? All parties involved seem pretty happy here except for the media, who wants to **** on it for what reason? For clicks, to be on the right side of history? The man just got a lot closer to his dream, let him have it!

I'm sure some people see Eric B. as the "guy who is treated unfairly", but a lot of people (even in this thread) see him as "the guy who can't get hired, there must be SOMETHING seriously wrong with him". That seems to be the sentiment of a lot folks "It was Reid doing it", "He doesn't call plays", "He has MaHomes", etc. There were plenty of excuses made as to why he wasn't hired.

I already told you you’re incorrect, it’s not on me to insist further if you disagree. This has been by far the biggest narrative surrounding him for YEARS, it’s all anyone has talked about. You’re making up a strawman and beating the hell out of it. You’re literally working yourself up and getting mad for no reason because your entire premise is false. Good luck and have fun. 

• Like 2

• samy316 changed the title to New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)
1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

PSA.  There is no "being on the right side of history"  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

I was hoping for more insight on what to expect from the offense with his addtion and impact on what Ron said he wanted to maintain.  Seen some specific to the new OC, but not really touched on where that meets with what Ron wants, and if that needs time to flesh out, I guess I have no choice but to wait a little bit.

I honestly believe so many folks are just too jaded to appreciate how much of a massive victory this is for this franchise, couple years ago our reputation woulda been so stank we wouldn't of even been on the man's list.  

Current state of this thread doesn't do enough justice to your points or what I'm bringing up...a lot of hissing cats for some reason or another...

Edit: see thread title updated while typing post 👍

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1