Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

EB has interviewed for what? 17 HC jobs the last couple of years and it's "too late in the process" for him to bring any assistants along with him? :ols:

This is Ron handing him the keys to see if he can become an actual HC in a lame duck year. Nothing more.

Are you saying that Ron is going to step aside at some point in the future? I could be ok with that, lets see how next season ends up.

• Like 1

lol,, i did have them in a really old one, with Kellen winslow Jr. This was one of the first ones I did that caught some media attention. Winslow was asked about it during one of his early press conferences..  all i did was launch off of how the Poston's were behaving. 
A clip of this one did end up on a segment about them on ESPN's Outside the Lines.
****, almost 20 yrs ago now

I did another one with them and Winslow when he wrecked his motorcycle the next year.

My cartoons had nothng to do with them getting decertified. I'd have laughed my head off if it had ANYTHING to do wit it. 
I think the final straw for them was how they misrepresented Lavar while he was here.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

lol,, i did have them in a really old one, with Kellen winslow Jr. This was one of the first ones I did that caught some media attention. Winslow was asked about it during one of his early press conferences..  all i did was launch off of how the Poston's were behaving. 
A clip of this one did end up on a segment about them on ESPN's Outside the Lines.
****, almost 20 yrs ago now

I did another one with them and Winslow when he wrecked his motorcycle the next year.

My cartoons had nothng to do with them getting decertified. I'd have laughed my head off if it had ANYTHING to do wit it. 
I think the final straw for them was how they misrepresented Lavar while he was here.

~Bang

Thats the one "Going Poston", guess it wasnt Lavar (im old). "Those gratuities aint paying the bills".

1 minute ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Yeah let Eric bring Mahomes and his ridiculous $500 million contract that Redskins are not able to sign free agents because of Mahomes’ ridiculous contract, I am glad you are not the general manager 

...wait, are you saying you wouldn't want Patrick freaking Mahomes?

You can't be serious right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Yeah let Eric bring Mahomes and his ridiculous $500 million contract that Redskins are not able to sign free agents because of Mahomes’ ridiculous contract, I am glad you are not the general manager 

Yeah, KC really screwed up giving him all that money. Lol

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Excuse Me What GIF by TELUS

Yeah ... don't want to mess with the team's strong free agent program.

:229:The Rook

• Haha 3

Imagine wanting to spend money on a loser qb  like Mahomes. Dude has only been to 5 championships and won 3 in his 5 years starting.

He’s also only won 2 out of 3 super bowls. 

I’d hate to have that albatross around our necks. 

if only the chiefs could have afforded Tyreek Hill, maybe they could of had a season as good as the Dolphins. 

but, nah. Mahomes contact and all. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news... and it's crushing to all of us...

But the Redskins no longer exist, man. Been gone for almost half a decade now (rounding up, of course).

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This has been refuted to death already.

Not sure it's been refuted, but it's certainly been talked to death. And it's obvious that Bieniemy did something for the Chiefs, you don't become offensive coordinator by doing nothing. Though certainly his ability to actually call plays over a season is something of an unknown. Though that's true of a lot of coaching hires. You often hire guys to do things they haven't done before.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news... and it's crushing to all of us...

But the Redskins no longer exist, man. Been gone for almost half a decade now (rounding up, of course).

So what? They will always be the Redskins and I am going to call them the Redskins instead of the stupid Commanders so get over it

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

...wait, are you saying you wouldn't want Patrick freaking Mahomes?

You can't be serious right?

If Mahomes is here, when free agency starts, all the teams will be signing good players in free agency to try to improve the team while Redskins could do nothing because of Mahomes' contract so everyone here would be complaining about Mahomes' contract and everyone here would be saying that Mahomes' contract has failed to build a good team around Mahomes and everyone would be saying that Mahomes should be released or traded so Redskins could bring in good players in free agency to build a good team and win a Superbowl without Mahomes and I did not forget about the draft, if Redskins keeps drafting busts, it is not going to help Mahomes either so no, I do not want Mahomes and his ridiculous contract

Edited by KWilliamsAWinfield
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

If Mahomes is here, when free agency starts, all the teams will be signing good players in free agency to try to improve the team while Redskins could do nothing because of Mahomes' contract so everyone here would be complaining about Mahomes' contract and everyone here would be saying that Mahomes' contract has failed to build a good team around Mahomes and everyone would be saying that Mahomes should be released or traded so Redskins could bring in good players in free agency to build a good team and win a Superbowl without Mahomes and I did not forget about the draft, if Redskins keeps drafting busts, it is not going to help Mahomes either so no, I do not want Mahomes and his ridiculous contract

Responding to you earnestly is one of the bigger mistakes I’ll make today, but what the hell, the day’s almost over.

You realize Mahomes just won a Super Bowl with that contract? And will probably win more. Your thought process on this is wild. 

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

EB has interviewed for what? 17 HC jobs the last couple of years and it's "too late in the process" for him to bring any assistants along with him? :ols:

This is Ron handing him the keys to see if he can become an actual HC in a lame duck year. Nothing more.

this makes more sense than anything else. It’s becoming clear they wanted him to move on from KC. No one else has hired him in all those interviews when they hire any bull**** OC that wins a few games. 

the whole coaching staff will be blown out next offseason. EB will take no flack for that. We don’t even have a QB so if our offense sucks there’s a built in excuse. He’ll get paid out on a 3 year deal, for 1 year of work, no blame, and maybe up his prospects 

it’s not like we had any choices. No one wants to come here when they know a new owner is gonna blow the whole staff out. 

sean Peyton basically outed it to everyone with his bush league comment about potential buyers talking to him about coming aboard. 

and the guy no one will hire gets one more chance. 

im not saying that’s what’s going on.  But it sure as hell makes more sense than this idea that EVERYONE ELSE whiffed on this savant of an OC but WASHINGTON was too smart to make that mistake 😂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

this makes more sense than anything else. It’s becoming clear they wanted him to move on from KC. No one else has hired him in all those interviews when they hire any bull**** OC that wins a few games. 

the whole coaching staff will be blown out next offseason. EB will take no flack for that. We don’t even have a QB so if our offense sucks there’s a built in excuse. He’ll get paid out on a 3 year deal, for 1 year of work, no blame, and maybe up his prospects 

it’s not like we had any choices. No one wants to come here when they know a new owner is gonna blow the whole staff out. 

sean Peyton basically outed it to everyone with his bush league comment about potential buyers talking to him about coming aboard. 

and the guy no one will hire gets one more chance. 

im not saying that’s what’s going on.  But it sure as hell makes more sense than this idea that EVERYONE ELSE whiffed on this savant of an OC but WASHINGTON was too smart to make that mistake 😂 

Weren’t his interviews for HC, not OC?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Weren’t his interviews for HC, not OC?

Yeah

do you see who gets hired as HC’s? This year we watched a college OC with a losing record flunk out of his HC chance. 

and EB couldn’t get one? Not one?

it’s not a good sign. 

(I personally hope for the best as long as snyders selling, it’s not like I want EB to fail. I think rons built a good foundation. But. when you chart it all out, the overwhelming media campaign to convince everyone how awesome he is, and the reaction from our fanbase…. Sorry, it looks and sounds like a duck)

Also lol at this dude saying he wouldn’t want Mahomes 

hahahahahaha do you even watch football?

• Haha 1

This is from a brilliant article everyone should read (it may have even been linked here already) about how the Eagles originally hired Reid and why despite never being a coordinator and never calling plays. 

Spotting Greatness: The Story Behind the Eagles 1999 Hiring of Andy Reid

But there was one section that reminded me of Bieniemy, although he isn’t HC:

42C6FE36-80EB-46B2-82FB-2F6A68BEB0FA.jpeg

Something to think about. We’ve heard similar things about Bieniemy, and Reid loves the guy and thinks he deserves an opportunity. Maybe it’s because he reminds him of himself in some ways.

Even just in general, my takeaway is that I hope whoever the new owner is hires a GM who undertakes the (likely) hiring of our next staff with similar open-mindedness. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2