Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread: Washington at Chicago ~ Mobsters Delight Edition

TK

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

He could get hurt. Not that I want to see that happen. But he's already banged up in a few places. Nothing is guaranteed till it happens

And this IS Washington… when the last time we had 1 starting QB the whole season?

• Like 1

Just now, Hazel-Ra said:

And this IS Washington… when the last time we had 1 starting QB the whole season?

2017 I wanna say?

2018: Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson 

2019: Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Dwayne Haskins(RIP)

2020: Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Alex Smith 

2021: FitzMagic, Heinicke, Gilbert Gotfried(yes I’m aware that’s not his name)

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wait. You guys see Wentz getting benched? After Ron's tantrum today? Yeah. Good luck with that. Just accept that the 2nd rounder is gone and accept that a muffed punt just cost us a top 3 pick. Accept what being a fan of this disfunctional ****ing clownshow of a franchise gives you. 

After that game I'm convinced we have a top 3 pick locked. No worries. They may win more game.

2 minutes ago, pico926 said:

After that game I'm convinced we have a top 3 pick locked. No worries. They may win one more game.

The Commanders looked worse against the Bears then they did against the Titans, but because the Bears are so bad, they snuck away with a win.  

The offense has regressed every week and I think D-coordinators have a good read on Scott Turner's scheme.  If the running game takes off more with BRob back, that could change things, but it seems like all a secondary has to do is shade back to take away the deeper routes and Turner has nothing in the short to intermediate zone to check down to.  

Every time I see Wentz drop back I can tell he is looking for those deep routes to open up, but it just takes too much time when there are no other threats out there running around.  

That 56-17 drubbing by the Cowboys last year might've been a more entertaining game than this.  

34 minutes ago, pico926 said:

After that game I'm convinced we have a top 3 pick locked. No worries. They may win more game.

Ron will find a way to screw it up and win just enough. 

• Like 1

We're two 2nd year QBs missing wide open people from point blank range away from being 0-6.  

Edit: Lawrence missed a bunch of people in that game, but the specific throw I'm thinking of was actually a simple drop by Ettiene.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Usually I hate prime time games because I can't watch them in here in Europe. This time? Slept like a baby, got up, checked the score, that's it. Felt really good to not torture myself for several hours for once.

I woke up just after 2am, put the game on, still 0-0 middle of the 2nd quarter.....yep back to sleep it was.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My only hope is Ron knew going in he needed no more than 17 points and the entire game plan was put around that.  It's a short week on the road, and if we're being honest, any Thursday Road Win is probably a good win.  

However, if Ron thinks THIS is a winning formula, then we're lost.  And with Snyder's situation, he just can't fire Ron, almost no matter what.  So, we're stuck in this situation forever.  

The only hope is Ron gets it and gets that this isn't going to get him anywhere.

Then the only question remains: can the OL block well enough for Wentz to have success. 

If you protect him, he's good.  Can be very good.  When you don't protect him, he's a bottom 1/4 QB in the league.  

How they got into the situation with the OL where they are in, is beyond me.  But they did.  

This is what I was thinking all week. Not that we need to put up 30 but just needed to stop them from making big plays (of which they had at least 3). I think the fact that we had Robinson and Gibson both healthy gave us an opportunity to just slow things down and not depend on Carson's arm so much. We will need the running game in the coming weeks so lets hope that we can build off this. 

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

We're two 2nd year QBs missing wide open people from point blank range away from being 0-6.  

We're also 2 yards from being 3-3. 

6 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

At least we didn't have any bad snaps tonight.   Progress. 

Not just that but the Center was pushing the piles tooo. I actually was liking him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

Usually I hate prime time games because I can't watch them in here in Europe. This time? Slept like a baby, got up, checked the score, that's it. Felt really good to not torture myself for several hours for once.

I stayed up until 5am watching it. Wasn't all bad, I had a few good laughs.

Homeless Dan Snyder and Curtis Samuel dropping passes, taking shots down field every third and short, Wentz shaking his arm frantically.

Good times.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Only the Commanders can find a way to win the worst game ever played and then subsequently lose the press conference.

The best part of the night was Al Michaels’ one liners about how pathetic the game was and crushing Dan.

My one takeaway is that it looks as if Scott Turner is actively trying to sabotage the offense.  It’s that bad.  So many play calls that appear to be the absolute worst possible call for the situation.  It’s almost unbelievable how bad he is at calling plays.  

• Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Only the Commanders can find a way to win the worst game ever played and then subsequently lose the press conference.

The best part of the night was Al Michaels’ one liners about how pathetic the game was and crushing Dan.

My one takeaway is that it looks as if Scott Turner is actively trying to sabotage the offense.  It’s that bad.  So many play calls that appear to be the absolute worst possible call for the situation.  It’s almost unbelievable how bad he is at calling plays.  

Wasn’t it the end of the third when michaels said something to the effect it’s a shoot out? Almost fell off the couch

Edited by Acworth skins fan
Needed to add more
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

At least we didn't have any bad snaps tonight.   Progress. 

48 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Not just that but the Center was pushing the piles tooo. I actually was liking him.

Yeah, Tyler Larson came back from injury and replaced the awful Nick Martin at Center. Larson is better and about 40lbs heavier.

• Like 1

What an awful game by two awful teams. If there are any positives it's the dline and Robinson. Our dline is dominant and will only get better when Young is back. 

Robinson looks like a real NFL RB, where Gibson never did. I like Gibson as a third down back, but BRob is much more likely to pick up those third and shorts.