Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Don't Know What Week It Is They All Blend Together (vs Tennessee)

KDawg

4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Thread/ With the season essentially over for @Commanders this is the perfect time to feel out the trade market for Wentz… he hasn’t been bad this year and good teams, like the Dolphins, could use him. Also, it gives the Commanders a chance to see what they have in Howell Prior to the draft

Pipe dream

No team in the NFL outside of the Browns can come remotely close to affording his contract w/o absolutely drastic action.

Wentz aint taken a paycut to facilitate either, as all his $ this year is guaranteed.

The only way we'd eat cap charge is if we get an asset worth what we'd have to pay (20Mil) and that aint happening either.

Edited by FootballZombie

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

This franchise has always been Gibbs and Joe gibbs only.  He is the only one who has done anything here. 

And yet everyone took such great pains to accentuate hiring Rivera as having been brokered by Joe Gibbs.

Time to move on from the 80s folks. And by the way, Joe's four year comeback here was nothing special.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

"Can't blame Wentz with this OL" is the most overused line.

The OL is not good. But look at this screen shots. He had all the time in the world on the last few plays and rushed to throw into tight coverage. 

df3acfb0-f2d4-43a2-8377-ede5c9582696.png

5519a9a4-656a-43d8-817f-1ff72a6e290b.png

I would actually argue those images capture how hard it is to throw near the goalline.  No easy throws in those shots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I would actually argue those images capture how hard it is to throw near the goalline.  No easy throws in those shots.

But plenty of time. He could do what every other NFL QB does and start moving up. Esp that 2nd down one. He could start moving up as he had 10 yards.

The receivers could start slidding to back of end zone and force the LB to either move up to stop Wentz (where someone should then be open in back of end zone) or stay with the receivers leaving a clear path to End zone.

The protection was strong. 

The rush throw into traffic on all 3 plays was Wentz 

14 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Time to move on from the 80s folks. And by the way, Joe's four year comeback here was nothing special.

I would kill for playoffs 2 out of 4 years in any 4 year period right now.

Edited by TMK9973
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Having not seen a second of the game, I just checked the box score and a few blatantly obvious issues - Robinson 9 runs, 22 yards as the leading rusher and another game forcing no turnovers, even with 13 QB hits.

Meanwhile Tannehill throws for 180 in victory.

Sad stuff.

I really enjoyed avoiding watching this game.  I had a college buddy here for the weekend so the weather was great and I did not waste 3 hours rooting for a team that does not know how to win.  I think every Washington fan should try it at least once in a season.  I am stress free this morning and the loss will not ruin my week either.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I really enjoyed avoiding watching this game.  I had a college buddy here for the weekend so the weather was great and I did not waste 3 hours rooting for a team that does not know how to win.  I think every Washington fan should try it at least once in a season.  I am stress free this morning and the loss will not ruin my week either.

The losses haven’t hurt me for years now.  But I do agree, not watching was a liberating feeling.  I got some vitamin D, on a nice day, shot an 89, and got about 8000 steps I wouldn’t have gotten at my house watching this **** show.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

"Can't blame Wentz with this OL" is the most overused line.

The OL is not good. But look at this screen shots. He had all the time in the world on the last few plays and rushed to throw into tight coverage. 

df3acfb0-f2d4-43a2-8377-ede5c9582696.png

5519a9a4-656a-43d8-817f-1ff72a6e290b.png

Step up where tho what exactly is he suppose to do they titans new all they had to do was defend the pass due to horrible clock management and when u are 1st and goal the defense has way less field to cover, wentz hasnt been great but there are other aspects of this team franchise whatever u wanna call it that have rotted out.

12 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

My thoughts: 

Thread/ With the season essentially over for @Commanders this is the perfect time to feel out the trade market for Wentz… he hasn’t been bad this year and good teams, like the Dolphins, could use him. Also, it gives the Commanders a chance to see what they have in Howell Prior to the draft. Thirdly, it can help us get back some of that lost draft capital going in to next season.

There is zero trade market.  For one, a team would have to fit $27m under the cap in the middle of the season.  There isn't one team in the league that has that available.  

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

There is zero trade market.  For one, a team would have to fit $27m under the cap in the middle of the season.  There isn't one team in the league that has that available.  

This is a non issue. We can choose to eat most of the cap hit if we want to. Doubt Ron & co have the creativity to seriously pursue this though

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Having not seen a second of the game, I just checked the box score and a few blatantly obvious issues - Robinson 9 runs, 22 yards as the leading rusher and another game forcing no turnovers, even with 13 QB hits.

Meanwhile Tannehill throws for 180 in victory.

Sad stuff.

One takeaway in 5 weeks.  Sad stuff.

Edit: Come to think of it, it's not even not getting a takeaway, but they've literally only forced one fumble.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On the pic of the second down, it sure looks like the Titans' two man rush has overcome our OL and the guy on the right is about to sack CW.  The play started at 0:13, so it took less than two seconds, at most, for one Titan to get around three of our OL.  And I have no idea what Martin (?) is doing at the LOS besides getting in the way.

• Like 1

When Washington was on the 2 yard line with 17 seconds and no timeouts left--- it almost meant Wentz would have to rely on at least the first 3 attempts for a quick completion to a Washington receiver/RB already in the endzone.  Washington's running game had shown they would have trouble guaranteeing a 2+ yard gain, and if a run was attempted on first down it likely meant their clock would run out with their possible third down attempt.  So, its 3 pass attempts and a 4th down play versus 1 run attempt, one spike of the ball and hopefully one "final" attempt on 3rd down. 

Even to get to 4 attempts, the first 3 pass plays would need to be quick and not involve much rolling out or lengthy progressions.  I figured no more than 4-5 seconds a play, and then the last gasp "dealers choice' play on the 4th down attempt which could take up as much time as was needed, since it was the last play.

I also wonder how difficult it was for Wentz to really see the field while staring into the direct sun at that angle.  So I was okay with the second down attempt ....assuming Wentz saw Milne, then he might have been the better option, but the direct "bullet pass" straight ahead that was attemlted had promise too.  I didn't care much for the first down attempt (even as a throwaway pass it was a little risky). And Wentz gambled and lost on the intercepted 3rd down pass. (The Titan LB had to make a great play and did!)

Bottom line -- with one timeout and 17 seconds...a lot of the options TMK suggested would have been good ideas.  But for the first 3 attempts Wentz/Turner couldn't afford to get very 'intricate' due to need to avoid being stopped short of the goal line, or using up too much time and exhausting the clock before the 4th down attempt.

Edited by Wyvern

9 minutes ago, method man said:

This is a non issue. We can choose to eat most of the cap hit if we want to. Doubt Ron & co have the creativity to seriously pursue this though

That's still not on the table.  No team is going to want to give up an asset even if Ron did do that.  For what is essentially a rental, because they'd be a psychopath to then have $26m on their cap next year. Maybe Tua never plays again, the Dolphins would still be better off with Bridgewater for a fraction of the cost. 

Obviously, Ron Rivera needs to go.  He may be a dim bulb, but he's not so dim that he fails to realize this will be the last head coaching gig he gets in the NFL.  He's going to hold on for dear life.  We will know he's really desperate when he cans Scott Turner, who has zero business being an offensive coordinator in this league.  We run two of the worst schemes I've seen--on offense and defense--in a long time.  It's painful to watch.  This franchise under Snyder does one thing well: runs away from success at light speed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Team sucks.  Franchise sucks.  Everyone sucks and they have for some time now.  At this point I have given up on seeing another Super Bowl or even NFC championship in my lifetime.  Maybe when I'm 80 (I'm 40).

I agree Rivera needs to go.  He has had his chance and I see absolutely no progress.  The lack of talent on this roster is painfully apparent, and the play calling is atrocious too.

I was 15 when they won the sb against Miami. I made a deal with god that i cant die until they win another superbowl. I may wind up being the oldest living human if they keep this up.

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Step up where tho what exactly is he suppose to do they titans new all they had to do was defend the pass due to horrible clock management and when u are 1st and goal the defense has way less field to cover, wentz hasnt been great but there are other aspects of this team franchise whatever u wanna call it that have rotted out.

Hell he could have run it in himself

on second down

and i personally think they should have run robinson on first down. If they dont get in there is enough time to clock the ball and get atleast one chance to throw it

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

And yet everyone took such great pains to accentuate hiring Rivera as having been brokered by Joe Gibbs.

Martin Mayhew is a trash QB.  What has that gm from Carolina done? squat.