Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

Time to get Howell ready. Maybe not for the Bears due to short week. But use the mini bye. Unfortunately, the staff will need to double down on their decision and say they did a lot of good things just need to make some tweaks. Wentz played better but not nearly enough. Should have scored 24 in the first half. D played well enough to win this game, again. 

As long as they bench in time to keep the draft pick to a 3rd and release him at the end of the season, it's all good. they took a shot it did not work out, move on to the next option. 

Wentz has his issues, but today wasn't really on him. The OL was absolutely horrific and the playcalling/play design/overall offensive scheme was some of the worst I've ever seen. And then of course Rivera's timeout blunder(which has happened way too many times).

This was a coaching loss.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why couldn't we isolate McLaurin on the outside and run some kinda quick game? Or even try a bootleg or something. The play design was just awful. Not one single receiver open on any of the plays. We would have been better off just running the ball.

It’s maddening that the Cowboys won 2 SBs with Norv as the OC with the Quck aslant being basically the go-to play on the offense, and we can’t figure out how to run one. 

Why they couldn’t bootleg is beyond me.  

I have liked Turner but this was an awful end of game from him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Turner is shocking

But Wentz saved 3 of his worst plays for the last of the game, he’s mentally weak, and physically finished, remove him and tank now for what is promising to be a loaded QB class

scott is shocking 

in particular his plays on short yardage. Drawing up complex plays instead of slamming it up the gut.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I wasn’t nearly as optimistic as most about this season, but I didn’t expect the team to be THIS bad.  Good grief.  They’re the only bad team in the NFC East.  Everyone else is somehow finding a way to win… while our submarine commanders search for the bottom.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Just watched last 2 minutes of the game. Wentz could have run for touchdown on second, third, or 4th down.

I don't know if you saw those plays where he ran like he was in sand, but he'd have gotten run down by most D Tackles in that short area of the field with that many guys on the line.

What is the percentage he has to play before that 3rd rounder flips to a 2nd?

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just watched last 2 minutes of the game. Wentz could have run for touchdown on second, third, or 4th down.

He couldn’t because if he was tackled there would be no time in the clock. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  If you don’t get it, you have to run up and spike it, wasting 2 downs.

Pass was the right call.  

They just needed to convert.  

Not with a qb that has shown zero evidence that he can throw an accurate short pass this season 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Wentz has his issues, but today wasn't really on him. The OL was absolutely horrific and the playcalling/play design/overall offensive scheme was some of the worst I've ever seen. And then of course Rivera's timeout blunder(which has happened way too many times).

Yeah, Wentz actually played well. Even the INT was absolutely going to hit the receiver in the numbers and the defender made a good play on the ball.  

They couldn’t run the ball at all.  That’s part of the probable.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Norwel was horrible

• Like 1

Just now, Rocket442Olds said:

I don't know if you saw those plays where he ran like he was in sand, but he'd have gotten run down by most D Tackles in that short area of the field with that many guys on the line.

What is the percentage he has to play before that 3rd rounder flips to a 2nd?

I've kept quiet long enough with regards to the fire Ron comments,  but it's time. Yeah I know,  as long as Danny boy is still around it will be the same old results, but after year 3 there's no signs of improvement.  This team is going backwards.  No innovation on offense,  stupid untimely penalties,  no emotion whatsoever from Ron on the sidelines. Different Sunday,  same result. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I was pissed when I first heard of the Wentz trade, I then came around...I should've trusted my first instinct. This FO will only produce mediocrity on the field. I'm grateful for ROn for cleaning up the clubhouse, but that phase can be continued by someone who isn't the head coach. Give Ron some cabinet position and hire a young, offensive minded coach.

I keep hearing this isn't Wentz's fault or that isn't, just tell me this: what did he do well? Not much, this season is shot, put the kid in and lets see what he can do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

How about that 1st throw out of the endzone to no one. Was that also bad play calling?

Come on now, little better body control and edge awareness, that had a chance to be an interception (seriously, wtf was that????)

• Like 2