Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

At this point it seems like our defense will go the whole season without a meaningful turnover since they are never in a position to make a play. The d line steps up occasionally and one of our corners has a meltdown day and gets picked on relentlessly. It's awful. 

The offense can't figure out how to stop 4 man rushes to give this offense enough time to run correctly (apparently). It's just so hard to watch a professional team get worked over every week and make no adjustments. Pathetic. 

Just now, CobraCommander said:

So we fire him and hire a new GM right?

100%, it’s tried and proven not just here but in Carolina, Ron Rivera is not a good HC

Into year 3 of Ron and less time for the FO and our two elite players were Jay Gruden draft picks, Ron has done some commendable things regards culture, but on the playing side it’s been littered with failure and I’d gamble that there’s better out there

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Btw. The idea that this is on the Online is ridiculous.

The O line hasn't been bad. In fact i saw a stat that showed Wentz actually had the 4th most time in the pocket.

He doesnt step up, he doest recognize blitzes, he doesn't do hot reads, he hold the ball forever.

The issue is not the line. It's wentz

Whatever you’re drinking I’d like some.

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But Rivera IMO made the cardinal sin as to FO moves which is let his O line fall apart. One scout famously said you can be stacked elsewhere but teams with bad O lines are typically bad teams.

I have been a Rivera guy, but that is a fireable offense.  I don't know who Dan could get to replace him.  But with an average OL they have the ability to be a top 10 offense.  With this OL, they won't be able to do anything.  

And he's wasting $28m of Dan's cash-strapped money.  :)

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Drinking in the good vibes

Who are you and what have you done to @Mr. Sinister.  Somebody call the FBI.  We have an infiltrator.  

Just now, tomwvr said:

Smoot is all over wentz. He said he wont burry him after 4 weeks but wentz had an awful game 

Smoot wouldn't know what he was looking at unless it was a hooker on a boat in Minnesota.  

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

100%, it’s tried and proven not just here but in Carolina, Ron Rivera is not a good HC

Into year 3 of Ron and less time for the FO and our two elite players were Jay Gruden draft picks, Ron has done some commendable things regards culture, but on the playing side it’s been littered with failure and I’d gamble that there’s better out there

IMO, they just hired Ron on the off chance he could get this team respectable, needed a good, respectable guy to kind of make up for the ****ed up stupid **** that's gone on here for too long and that's it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who are you and what have you done to @Mr. Sinister.  Somebody call the FBI.  We have an infiltrator.  

Smoot wouldn't know what he was looking at unless it was a hooker on a boat in Minnesota.  

Are you Carson Wentz or his wife? 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

IMO, they just hired Ron on the off chance he could get this team respectable, needed a good, respectable guy to kind of make up for the ****ed up stupid **** that's gone on here for too long and that's it.

He wasn't brought in to win a championship, he was brought in for damage control...

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He has to look at the film.

Oh don't worry hell come back with a hey there's 13 games left. We were just a few plays away from being in it. Meanwhile it looks to me like we were getting our tails drug up and down the field 

Just now, tomwvr said:

Smoot is all over wentz. He said he wont burry him after 4 weeks but wentz had an awful game 

Not many would argue differently. Wentz is not playing well. He's shellshocked since the Detroit game. Doesn't step up if there is a pocket doesn't make fast reads and holds onto it longer than he should. 

The line is also doing him very little favors.

Offensively it's been the same thing for three weeks... Why can't they make any adjustments? 

This loss was on the oline, Wentz having happy feet, and Turner not adapting to game flow. 

I can understand sticking with the run but it was so predictable when we were gonna pass. Defense just pinned their ears and went after Wentz. Why not move the pocket, where’s play action, where’s our tight end outlets instead of stupid wide receiver screens on 3rd and long??

Btw Fuller needs to be benched!