Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

One positive I can point to is that the coaches have finally come to terms with the fact that they can’t pass block.  We’re not spending a half wondering why they’re calling seven step drops.

and as I wrote this, Wentz has time and delivers a strike to the end zone.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JSSkinz said:

And then he throws a dime, I dont get it.

It's Mark Rypien personified.  

Mark would make a simple five yard out look like a herculean effort to complete, and often throw it five yards over or behind the receiver.  Then on the next play, he'd throw a 50 yard bomb right on the money and in stride.  I love Mark, but you need a Gibbs-level coach to win anything of considerable measure with QBs like that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

Cowboys punt from their own 3 and we get the ball all the way down to a 36 yd line does miln ever return a punt positively this is the worst putt return team in the NFL

They aint blocking worth a damn on punt return

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

He brings mobility. Understanding the offender. And quicker decision making. And he can rush for positive yards.

He's somewhat mobile, but his mobility is overrated. He didn't scramble much last season, so much so that Ron publicly called him out on it. He has a little more experience in the offense but not a ton and he's not some sort of Turner offense savant. There's really no evidence that he has quick decision making. He threw lots of short quick passes last season because that's what Turner called for him.

He's not coming in. He's a pure backup in the event of injury. Nothing more. 

• Like 1