Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

On 1/9/2023 at 4:33 PM, skinzplay said:

Β 

Man, I'm glad coaches like Pedersen, Daboll, KOC and McDaniel didn't go all Rivera and peddle some bullcrap 3-year nonsense. Congrats to their teams for making the playoffs this year on their first year as HC, while still building/revamping. RR sold that bullcrap to a dude who knows nothing about football, and his court jester JW.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

As has been stated, RiveraΒ  made the playoffs his first year in Washington too. In a division very similar to Jacksonville's this year. We'll see how any of these guys are doing in Year 3, if they still have a job.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jericho said:

Β 

As has been stated, RiveraΒ  made the playoffs his first year in Washington too. In a division very similar to Jacksonville's this year. We'll see how any of these guys are doing in Year 3, if they still have a job.

Peterson has Jacksonville on the up. Β Lawerence is looking like the #1 pick. Viks won their division and Dobell got the giants to 10 games after a piss poor 5 years.Β 

• Thanks 2

On 1/8/2023 at 8:28 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So McVay goes to a stacked team and trades all their assets to win now and decides to leave when the bill is due.

Β 

Hard pass for me.Β 

In fairness, The team McVay took over was a horrid 3-13 Jeff Fisherr mess. Β It had some talent but needed a lot of help.Β 

On 1/9/2023 at 12:47 AM, shemp nixon said:

If Turner goes bye-bye, it might be Mike Shula as OC. He was OC in Carolina under Rivera, he's with the Bills now, I think.

This is my bet

Β 

Massively uninspiring. Β But he developed the run game for Cam. Β Ron apparently wants to run a 1950’s offense and that might be the perfect fit.Β 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’ll be ok running it back with Ron for one more season depending on who the OC is. AND if they address the woeful o-line. If they still can’t figure it out then we will have plenty of time for the new owner to pick a GM and get started on 2024. Either way we’re probably looking at a lost season.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

The new owner should start his opening press conference by announcing Ron is gone.

It entirely depends on when the new owner is announced and if there is a chance of getting another staff in place. Β 
Β 

I doubt Ron gets fired this off season unless the sale happens in the next 2 weeks. Β Which seems really really unlikely.Β 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It entirely depends on when the new owner is announced and if there is a chance of getting another staff in place. Β 
Β 

I doubt Ron gets fired this off season unless the sale happens in the next 2 weeks. Β Which seems really really unlikely.Β 

The new owner could have a college coach lined up.

Β 

Of course, he’d still have to go thru Rooney rule.

Β 

Day 1- Fires Ron

Day 2- Interviews Marvin Lewis

Day 3- Interviews Jim Caldwell

Day 4- Announces his college coach hire.

Β 

Β 

Jeff or whoever will be spending 6-8 billion. If they want there own coach, they can spend money for that coach to get a top staff; even with a March firing.

Β 

May would be too late but something could still happen.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2023 at 8:31 AM, ntotoro said:

Can The Kurgan call plays... ?

Β 

There can be only one...offensive coordinator that is. He'd do better than Turner if he can keep his head on.

Β 

Now that I think about it, a headless OC may actually do better. πŸ€”

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Watching the Giants win yesterday tells me how bad our coaching staff has become.Β  Its not just the offensive coordinator who needs to be replaced.

For those like Breer and Sheehan who go β€œScott Turner wasn’t the problem,” the Giants finished 10th on offense in DVOA and we finished 28th. It’s amazing how Daboll and Kafka schemed JAGs like Richie James and Isaiah Hodgins into productive receivers. If the mocks hold, they should be able to add someone like Addison or Smith-Njigba

• Thumb up 2

On 1/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

The new owner could have a college coach lined up.

Β 

Of course, he’d still have to go thru Rooney rule.

Β 

Day 1- Fires Ron

Day 2- Interviews Marvin Lewis

Day 3- Interviews Jim Caldwell

Day 4- Announces his college coach hire.

Β 

Β 

Jeff or whoever will be spending 6-8 billion. If they want there own coach, they can spend money for that coach to get a top staff; even with a March firing.

Β 

May would be too late but something could still happen.

Why should the new owner limit the pool for his first coach to just college coaches and unwanted NFL people? Β That makes little sense.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Day 1 6:00 AM- Fires Ron

Day 2- 9:00 AM Interviews Marvin Lewis

Day 2- 9:05 AM Interviews Jim Caldwell

Day 2- 9:08 AM Announces his college coach hire

Day 2- 9:10 AM Announces he has hired the entire coaching staff without college coach's input

Β 

Β 

FTFY

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

3 hours ago, method man said:

For those like Breer and Sheehan who go β€œScott Turner wasn’t the problem,” the Giants finished 10th on offense in DVOA and we finished 28th. It’s amazing how Daboll and Kafka schemed JAGs like Richie James and Isaiah Hodgins into productive receivers. If the mocks hold, they should be able to add someone like Addison or Smith-Njigba

Man I'd kill for Kafka to be our OC but there is noooo way Daboll lets him leave to take a lateral position on a division rival

On 1/16/2023 at 12:43 PM, Warhead36 said:

Man I'd kill for Kafka to be our OC but there is noooo way Daboll lets him leave to take a lateral position on a division rival

Nope but he is going to be a hot HC candidate next offseason. The sneaky benefit for him is that he played for 7 teams and has coached for both the Chiefs and Giants. The guy probably has a hell of a network to pull together a coaching staff

Β 

I was wondering what his connection to Daboll was. When Kafka was on the Pats in 2013, Daboll was the TE coach

Edited by method man