Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ron's happy with his two successful draft picks. One playing a different position that he was drafted for. Good job.

Ron said **** it after Shen gave Jack his marching orders and is an out dated young man again, just coaching defense. 

It's gotta really suck to play for him.

So Ron is basically saying he's enjoying actually being a real HC now.  It just hit him lately that doing little at his job wasn't gratifying.  Now that he's discovering that putting in some real time at his job is fulfilling.

Wonder how this major revelation just hit Ron.  But he seems to be beaming now that he's discovered putting in some time at your job makes you feel like you are actually doing something.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So Ron is basically saying he's enjoying actually being a real HC now.  It just hit him lately that doing little at his job wasn't gratifying.  Now that he's discovering that putting in some real time at his job is fulfilling.

Wonder how this major relevation just hit Ron.  But he seems to be beaming now that he's discovered putting in some time at your job makes you feel like you are actually doing something.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

That's what it looks like. Kool os correct, it all began with JDR getting canned which put Ron's feet in the fire to actually coach again.

Wonder if he actually had tried the last 2 years if anything could have changed. Maybe he would have had a better feel for the team, players and what the real needs were...

18 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

That's what it looks like. Kool os correct, it all began with JDR getting canned which put Ron's feet in the fire to actually coach again.

Wonder if he actually had tried the last 2 years if anything could have changed. Maybe he would have had a better feel for the team, players and what the real needs were...

I think that's likely true.  Ron at full speed was a mediocre coach with some highlights.  Ron at half speed was an atrocious coach.

I find it ironic he seems so interested in his legacy with this franchise.  I think it was Finlay who said on that count the national media will have Ron's back because they like him as a dude so much but it won't be seen the same way locally.

As a person, good guy, conquering cancer is admirable.

As a coach-GM he leaves IMO as a punchline.  

The Ron Rivera era in Washington was even worse than you think

Ron Rivera’s time in Washington figures to end with the Commanders’ regular season finale Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, at which point the retrospectives will begin.

Rivera was a steadying influence during a tumultuous first year that included a pandemic, the first investigation into the franchise’s toxic workplace culture and Rivera’s own cancer diagnosis. He guided the team to an improbable NFC East title despite a 7-9 record that season, but failed to finish above. 500 or qualify for the postseason in any season since, and the franchise’s search for a long-term answer at quarterback continues.

Rivera will leave the Commanders as the final coach hired by former owner Daniel Snyder, who oversaw nearly a quarter-century of failure. Rivera’s tenure, sadly, fit right in.

Rivera’s teams over his four years, including the first 16 games this season, have been 4.1 points worse than an average team per game after adjusting their margin of victory for strength of schedule, according to Pro Football Reference’s Simple Rating System. That’s actually worse than the franchise managed under Jim Zorn, the oft-mocked coach who followed Joe Gibbs’s second go-round in Washington. 

...If Washington loses by at least nine points Sunday, it will finish with the third-worst raw point differential in a single season in franchise history, albeit in a 17-game season. The Commanders have been 10.4 points per game worse than an average team this season, which is the fifth-worst performance by the franchise since it was founded in 1932. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/06/ron-rivera-jim-zorn-steve-spurrier-mike-shanahan-jay-gruden/

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think that's likely true.  Ron at full speed was a mediocre coach with some highlights.  Ron at half speed was an atrocious coach.

I find it ironic he seems so interested in his legacy with this franchise.  I think it was Finlay who said on that count the national media will have Ron's back because they like him as a dude so much but it won't be seen the same way locally.

As a person, good guy, conquering cancer is admirable.

As a coach-GM he leaves IMO as a punchline.  

The Ron Rivera era in Washington was even worse than you think

Ron Rivera’s time in Washington figures to end with the Commanders’ regular season finale Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, at which point the retrospectives will begin.

Rivera was a steadying influence during a tumultuous first year that included a pandemic, the first investigation into the franchise’s toxic workplace culture and Rivera’s own cancer diagnosis. He guided the team to an improbable NFC East title despite a 7-9 record that season, but failed to finish above. 500 or qualify for the postseason in any season since, and the franchise’s search for a long-term answer at quarterback continues.

Rivera will leave the Commanders as the final coach hired by former owner Daniel Snyder, who oversaw nearly a quarter-century of failure. Rivera’s tenure, sadly, fit right in.

Rivera’s teams over his four years, including the first 16 games this season, have been 4.1 points worse than an average team per game after adjusting their margin of victory for strength of schedule, according to Pro Football Reference’s Simple Rating System. That’s actually worse than the franchise managed under Jim Zorn, the oft-mocked coach who followed Joe Gibbs’s second go-round in Washington. 

...If Washington loses by at least nine points Sunday, it will finish with the third-worst raw point differential in a single season in franchise history, albeit in a 17-game season. The Commanders have been 10.4 points per game worse than an average team this season, which is the fifth-worst performance by the franchise since it was founded in 1932. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/06/ron-rivera-jim-zorn-steve-spurrier-mike-shanahan-jay-gruden/

I'm sure he will still receive all of those national accolades but he does not deserve them. Sure his first year or two but not this far into his tenure and not with his hands off retirement mode stretch over the past two seasons. I wish they would hammer him after today's loss calling out his failures in drafting FA and coaching decisions

I like seeing negative stuff on Ron like this, even if only from local media.

Edited by DWinzit

10 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Synder was already known as the NFL’s worst owner and a scumbag, when Ron accepted the job.

It was also known this was a franchise players avoided.

So while no one could’ve predicted Dan’s and the organization’s misdeeds would come to light, the George Floyd shooting protest lead to an environment where name was changed, and Ron getting cancer; that doesn’t excuse him one bit.

He knew he was walking into a ****ty situation but jumped at it, because Dan gave him full control; which he was unqualified for.

You are 100% responsible for your failure here and that’s why you will be unemployed on Monday.

Mostly agree.

I will give Ron the small benefit of the doubt that he probably thought the organization's dysfunction was the result of poor team leadership in the conventional understanding of it, and that simply having personnel control would be sufficient in righting the boat, not fully appreciating that the franchise's corruption was not so simple or superficial. There were probably some pervert elements here he couldn't purge or control -- when the owner himself has historically been the problem and is the chief miscreant, one can just imagine the number of sycophants and corporate slimeballs he's accumulated over the 25 years that have fully entrenched themselves in the organization that Ron hadn't known about coming in. So yeah, he was in way over his head, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn from him down the road in some tell-all book that the magnitude of dysfunction in Washington was on the level beyond his understanding, experience, and ability to fix.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Mostly agree.

I will give Ron the small benefit of the doubt that he probably thought the organization's dysfunction was the result of poor team leadership in the conventional understanding of it, and that simply having personnel control would be sufficient in righting the boat, not fully appreciating that the franchise's corruption was not so simple or superficial. There were probably some pervert elements here he couldn't purge or control -- when the owner himself has historically been the problem and is the chief miscreant, one can just imagine the number of sycophants and corporate slimeballs he's accumulated over the 25 years that have fully entrenched themselves in the organization that Ron hadn't known about coming in. So yeah, he was in way over his head, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn from him down the road in some tell-all book that the magnitude of dysfunction in Washington was on the level beyond his understanding, experience, and ability to fix.

If I make a deal with the Devil, I can’t complain I didn’t know how hot the brimstone fires of hell were until I got there. Maybe you can’t really KNOW until you’re in the **** experiencing it…but plenty was known and you still made the deal. Part of good decision-making is using the information you have to make informed choices. You don’t get to plead ignorance in that situation just because the absolute depths of the depravity weren’t totally clear, sorry Ron.

And I’m not going to accept that excuse from him anyways, given how glowingly he spoke of Snyder on the way out—after the time for keeping the peace was done—it’s an unforced error by Rivera that will forever leave its stain, and stopped my habit of reflexively agreeing with people that as a matter of course, at least Rivera is a “good man”. I don’t know that. I’m not saying it any longer. 

Rivera should really want to have some words with Joe Gibbs, if it’s true he had a hand in convincing him. But he knew Snyder was the devil when he signed that pact.

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 4

3 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Mostly agree.

I bare no ill will towards Ron, did a good job first couple of years where the organizational disfunction hid the on field woes. Without the Snyder distraction he is obviously not up to the task of "coaching" a football team. I won't be piling on.....but its way past time to move forward.

• Like 2

Ron's birthday is tomorrow.  Gonna be a rough birthday.  Lose to our most bitter rival "at home".  End up with a losing record as a NFL HC.  Followed by a call from the owner instructing him to pack his crap and GFO.

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ron's birthday is tomorrow.  Gonna be a rough birthday.  Lose to our most bitter rival "at home".  End up with a losing record as a NFL HC.  Followed by a call from the owner instructing him to pack his crap and GFO.

I'm sure the $5 million he'll collect upon his exit will help soften the blow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 10:29 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Incidentally 1993 is when this franchise started falling apart...Gibbs knew he'd never be able to keep an o-line like the Hogs together with free agency arriving, and left Petitbon holding a flaming bag of dog poop.

Also, Charley Casserly is the village idiot and nobody knew it at the time.  

On 1/4/2024 at 7:25 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I mean, Joe’s still half an inch shorter in one leg so I’m not sure they could pull it off. 

Riggo is the best quote.  

26 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

They’re going to be in the same building, no need for a phone call.  

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

i wish i didn't know it was his birthday. now i have even more dread that ron will be leaving us a present on his way out.

5 hours ago, Conn said:

Rivera should really want to have some words with Joe Gibbs, if it’s true he had a hand in convincing him. But he knew Snyder was the devil when he signed that pact.

Ron is a big boy and has been around the block, nobody had to convince him to take a head coaching job after he just got ****-canned in Carolina. He did the right thing talking to Joe Gibbs for some perspective on what it's like working under Snyder. What's he gonna do, go back and blame Joe for being honest with him? This is a comical take.

• Thumb up 1

Twas the night before dallas, all predicting a rout, commander fans hoping, we surley lose out. One final game, one last loss so don't pout, Because after tomorrow ron's finally out. Cool runnings

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Honestly, this place was probably Ron’s only shot at being a HC. He knew it and so he took it. Nobody else was going to hire him to run a team when everyone else are hiring young OC superstars. 

I bet Ron and Joe talked about what kind of crap he was going to deal with. Also, Dan probably treated Joe way different than he has treated everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Riggo is the best quote.  

That same quote has been going around where I live but instead it's attributed to Terry Bradshaw answering the question if Steelers teams he was on could beat this year's Steelers. It's a fake meme. 

This is why I don’t want Jim Harbaugh. He’ll be here 4-5 years, tops. I want John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid level stability and professionalism. I’m sick of new coaches two to three times a decade

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Honestly, this place was probably Ron’s only shot at being a HC. He knew it and so he took it. Nobody else was going to hire him to run a team when everyone else are hiring young OC superstars. 

I bet Ron and Joe talked about what kind of crap he was going to deal with. Also, Dan probably treated Joe way different than he has treated everyone else. 

Gettleman was interested in hiring Ron too. He picked here because he had personnel control

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Improved defense? Okay, Craig. I guess the Jets score 30 points on the reg and 45 points with Tua only playing three quarters is improvement. 😂

(I understand there were puck six(es) these past four weeks, but even if it was technically an improvement, it still wasn’t anything but a bottom quarter defense.

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

That same quote has been going around where I live but instead it's attributed to Terry Bradshaw answering the question if Steelers teams he was on could beat this year's Steelers. It's a fake meme. 

It's just a version of an old Ty Cobb line anyway.