Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Give a respected Footballer HC, GM duties and ket him name the ****ing team and he wins 4 games in his fourth year and tries to take credit for future win? Frittata mother ****er. Ron knew it was over after Snyder handed him all the keys and then brought in an incompetent OC, which he knew was incompetent just to help his buddies carrier and gave us this team.

I wish Jack was still on the team, because they all earned this failure together.

But it's the hard period on the end of a literal circus. 

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know. There’s some tough competition for worst Snyder regime.

Shanahan, Spurrier and Zorn all had a 37.5% win pct. 

Rivera has a whopping 40% right now. He is very likely to finish 26-40-1. That is a 38.8% win pct. 

Shanahan at least has good coaches. But the other three? Toss a three sided coin.

Shanny had at least the best season in the mix for the franchise.  Also while he came off stubborn, he never felt stupid the way Ron does at times

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Shanny had at least the best season in the mix for the franchise.  Also while he came off stubborn, he never felt stupid the way Ron does at times

Not surprising since the previous ownership refused to allow coaches to admit they were rebuilding...like Brucifer said this team was always "close." Ron's biggest sin was not fixing he QB situation while he was here...but since they were always "close" they figured they could get by by focusing on defense almost exclusively...until the defense fell apart. That was how teams operated in the 70s.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I repeat, if the Raiders don't lock down Antonio Pierce we need to interview him....his guys play for him and he just beat Mahomes, in KC, with a rookie QB. Congrats to him and team.

He was an intelligent LB that we let get away.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

For the final time it was a mistake prioritizing dis? respecting Ron forcing him to play out the full year as a dead man walking. 

Why? We’re getting the ideal outcome, a high pick and minimal drama as the last vestiges of the Snyder era go out with a whimper. EB, who you wanted Rivera replaced with a while back, is the guy who got Howell destroyed. So that wasn’t changing either way. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Of all the coaches who have coached at least four years in the Snyder Era, Rivera is the only one to not have a single winning season. 

What a disaster. 

Technically Zorn didn’t have a single winning season either being 8-8 his first year.  But point well taken. 

There's no reason why we couldn't get rid of our "in name only" GM, Mayhew so we can officially start interviewing candidates at this time.  Harris doesn't have to do it by the book and wait until the season is over with.  Rivera was the GM as we all know.  

Edited by RWJ

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There's no reason why we couldn't get rid of our "in name only" GM, Mayhew so we can officially start interviewing candidates at this time.  Harris doesn't have to do it by the book at wait until the season is over with.  Rivera was the GM as we all know.  

Idk how many times I have to post this but you cannot start interviewing GM candidates who currently work for NFL teams until after the regular season—same as HC candidates. And we should only be inquiring after current NFL FO people. 

Anyways, they are all busy working for their current teams right now. That would be tampering. We have to wait.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Question -May have been answered in here.  How many coaches have FINAL say in Players and are successful?  I think its pretty rare, although it was a growing trend for a while, but not many were successful with it.  Bill Belichick does but without Tom Brady -how successful is he? Andy Reid I believe does and that would be the exception to the rule.  Any one else?

My theory - When a coach has final say -He has his "System" and he sticks with it and he pulls only players he thinks will fit into that system. And if they don't, then he changes players.  

When the GM has the final say -I think that a coach may have a system, but the GOOD coaches then adjust based on the players they have.  They go with "Well -My system can't work because of these players and since I can't change players -I better adapt".

All this is to say Is i hope, and believe, the plan is fire Ron and Wright right after cowboys game, hire a GM on monday (I suspect our next GM is already known), and then the GM is told to find a coach who will NOT have final say.  

14 hours ago, Conn said:

Idk how many times I have to post this but you cannot start interviewing GM candidates who currently work for NFL teams until after the regular season—same as HC candidates. And we should only be inquiring after current NFL FO people. 

Anyways, they are all busy working for their current teams right now. That would be tampering. We have to wait.

In addition, how many people even thought this year would be as big a disaster as it turned out to be? I don't think anyone thought the current regime was going to be re hired but given the circumstances we were never going to fire Ron and Co going into the year.

53 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Happy birthday!!!

giphy.gif

1st it was you can't fire him on Thanksgiving,  then you can't fire him Christmas day, now we can't fire him on his birthday? Is Valentines day in play? Lol

• Haha 7

Counting chickens... why would Harris rush to fire Ron on January 8th when he's had countless chances to replace him this past 7 months and has chosen not to?  Many liked the steady hand of Harris who wanted Ron retained arguing there is no other choice possible.  So slow play it is so I just don't see Harris rushing to axe Ron on day 1 of the off season. It appears the full season was a write off for Harris in a tribute to Ron but still think it was a mistake to write off a year of the players as well. I predict the first week of the off season will be wasted planning Ron's retirement party only Ron will be confused at the podium and say he is not retiring.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Counting chickens... why would Harris rush to fire Ron on January 8th when he's had countless chances to replace him this past 7 months and has chosen not to?  Many liked the steady hand of Harris who wanted Ron retained arguing there is no other choice possible.  So slow play it is so I just don't see Harris rushing to axe Ron on day 1 of the off season. It appears the full season was a write off for Harris in a tribute to Ron but still think it was a mistake to write off a year of the players as well. I predict the first week of the off season will be wasted planning Ron's retirement party only Ron will be confused at the podium and say he is not retiring.

Are you just trolling at this point? It’s all you talk about no matter how many people tell you how they think you’ve been wrong all season and why. You don’t even engage the ideas anymore, you just whine about it passive-aggressively.

He’ll be gone on Black Monday (probably leaked the night before) because that is the day almost everyone gets fired. It was always going to be the case, which people have spent months explaining to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Uh, Ron is the Gm also. Josh can’t hire a gm until Ron is gone.

Ron will be fired on the 8th before lunch.

The only coaching changes that will take a little time:

New England will probably take a week or two but BB is done.

Dallas, McCarthy will have to fail not making the championship game again.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1