Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

For me, with a new owner who has yet to see a first off season, the only reasons to fire Ron and crew now are all emotional....to soothe much, long held anger, disappointment and frustration. Sort of a vengeance drive.

Β 

Were our owner one of several years, and his gm, if he had one,wanted to clean house it could be a more rational move to can them mid/late season instead of waiting, probably just to appease the fan base and try to protect revenue. But even then it would be tricky for interim coaches (especially if you're talking a hc plus both coordinators).

Β 

And they still should consider if instead of that turmoil and tumult you just let the ship sink the rest of the way, nail your optimumΒ  draft pick, and don't give the media anything other than you were restrained and practical as an org.Β 

Β 

But for a brand new owner, nah. Let the much loved (as a good guy) Ron r and the other two, who do have respect around the league and media, play it out and then move your own gang in nice and smooth and clean.

Β 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 4

13 hours ago, Conn said:

You guys see that, Rapoport can’t even refer to Rivera without describing him as our β€œrespected coach”. That’s the league-wide opinion even if we’ve come to the point of feeling disdain for him. That’s why the firing and the timing of it needs to be handled carefully even if it would have felt amazing to slake the blood-thirst and fire him weeks ago (or months ago). Harris knows this.Β 

Β 

Β 

Exactly this. It has to be handled with class on Black Monday - otherwise, Harris' first move will be seen around the league by both coaches and players alike as emotion-driven and rash and potentially a continuation of the Snyder years. Give our history as an organization, the initial perception of true change has to occur at the ownership level, with this firing - that's the message that needs to be sent. And the point is to make the right move at the right time, not to fire for the sake of firing and quench the fans bloodlust.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jumbo said:

For me, with a new owner who has yet to see a first off season, the only reasons to fire Ron and crew now are all emotional....to soothe much, long held anger, disappointment and frustration. Sort of a vengeance drive.

Β 

Were our owner one of several years, and his gm, if he had one,wanted to clean house it could be a more rational move to can them mid/late season instead of waiting, probably just to appease the fan base and try to protect revenue. But even then it would be tricky for interim coaches (especially if you're talking a hc plus both coordinators).

Β 

And they still should consider if instead of that turmoil and tumult you just let the ship sink the rest of the way, nail your optimumΒ  draft pick, and don't give the media anything other than you were restrained and practical as an org.Β 

Β 

But for a brand new owner, nah. Let the much loved (as a good guy) Ron r and the other two, who do have respect around the league and media, play it out and then move your own gang in nice and smooth and clean.

Β 

As this season unravels like the Hindenburg in front of the world, I'd imagine Ron and crew begin losing more of their fans. A few more giant embarrassing loses and dopey smug pressers ought to take care of that. That and more bad mouthing comments from players.

Β 

I was one of the admirers of Ron and especially JDR for years. 2023 has stripped that respect and my gut is, it's going to get uglier.

• Like 1

I totally get that it makes sense for Harris to stay classy and let Ron finish driving this thing into the ground.

Β 

I just wonder what message it sends to the guys in the locker room that still have to suit up and play 5 more games in the bitter cold. Β I realize they get paid handsomely for it, but it’s a long time to play more meaningless games, risk injury, field more questions about the inevitable firings, etc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I totally get that it makes sense for Harris to stay classy and let Ron finish driving this thing into the ground.

Β 

I just wonder what message it sends to the guys in the locker room that still have to suit up and play 5 more games in the bitter cold. Β I realize they get paid handsomely for it, but it’s a long time to play more meaningless games, risk injury, field more questions about the inevitable firings, etc.

I think Harris has to really thread the needle here. First, he took in a fractured fan base that wants to see changes from the past. Second, he also doesn’t want to seem like Dan Snyder in any way. Dan fired Marty when the Redskins were doing well. This isn’t doing well. I am not for firing Rivera because I am being reactionary. I am firing Rivera because over the next few games I want to try to find a leader within the current organization. Ron and Jacks paychecks will still show up in the mail. No hard feelings.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Β 

I think it gives Harris an opportunity to see who wants to be here and who doesn't...who wants to be a pro.

Β 

The human thing would be to take Ron out of his misery and not let him suffer....but letting him continue in this mess will reveal his character.Β  You going to fight or lay down?

Ron should fire Del Rio and instead of standing around with arms crossed, he should run the defense and see if he can salvage some sort of cohesion.Β Β 

Β 

But this is no doubt a train wreck.....I honestly think Ron will be forced to make some decisions or take himself out of his own misery.Β  Josh Harris is cold blooded but seems to be calculated.

4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Β 

The human thing would be to take Ron out of his misery and not let him suffer....but letting him continue in this mess will reveal his character.Β  You going to fight or lay down?

Too late for that, dude has been laying down the entire season. Β He has zero fight and β€œdoesn’t care” about his job.

Β 

5 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Ron should fire Del Rio and instead of standing around with arms crossed, he should run the defense and see if he can salvage some sort of cohesion.Β Β 

He should have fired Del Rio long ago. Β Never going to happen. Β It’s almost like this staff has a pact that they are all going down together.

Why would you guys want to fire Ron in mid season? I am under the impression that when a NFL coach gets fired he still gets paid so why pay him to play golf every day in sunny California? I say make him stay and finish the season so he can watch the disaster he has created. He can walk across the field at the end of every game and say congrats to all the coaches that do a better job than him for the next month and a half knowing he is getting canned when this mess of a season is over. Cheers and happy holidays.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Too late for that, dude has been laying down the entire season. Β He has zero fight and β€œdoesn’t care” about his job.

Β 

He should have fired Del Rio long ago. Β Never going to happen. Β It’s almost like this staff has a pact that they are all going down together.

Trust me....someone on this staff is going to make an adjustment when the Fins hang 50+ on us.Β  This could be a record breaking scoreboard when Tyreek comes to town.Β  This is about to get uglier.Β  He does seem defeated and lacks the fight, but he's slowly unraveling.Β  Just a matter of time before Ron breaks

Β 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95218tryno86vayjsaeoas

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Β 

I mean, 10 of them will be back so I’m not sure how much it truly matters.

Β 

I feel bad for Terry and Howell. Β That’s about it. Β 

At 4-8, I dont really see the point in firing anybody now.Β  Other than getting a headstart on the front office overhaul, you're not changing the fortunes of this season. Shoulda done it when the season was still in play, if you were gonna do it at all.

Β 

And I would imagine they privately have been sizing up the GM/coach field all season anyway.Β  They know who they have their eye on.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Keim was dropping some not so subtle hints that the locker room doesn't think much of Bienemy and doesn't want him in the mix for HC.

I’m not sure it matters what the locker room thinks because the locker room will have 5-10 returning players.

Β 

But I don't think he should come back either. Β It’s time for a fresh start all the way around.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Oh wow, where did he say this?? This is VERY interesting.

It's on his latest pod.

Β 

Said a lot of players think Ron has given too much control to EB already. Also, just a general vibe from Keim that the team wasn't banging down the door for EB.

I never understood the EB-jocking to begin with. I was open to his arrival and hoped for much success but, I've never thought he was a special talent and I've never been curious once along this entire ride to "see" how he would fare as head coach. He's barely keeping his head above water as an OC, although I also do not view him as a buffoon, to be fair.

Β 

I could totally see him develop over the course of a few years and at different stops away from Andy Reid. Just think it is time to move on from ALL the main figure heads of the Snyder, and thus Rivera, regime.

• Thumb up 1

Harris missed the best chance to fire Ron and his staff. Sure it was late in camp but to say it couldn't possibly be done is a lie. Just replace all the high school grade coaches with high school grade coaches. Just do it and deal with the results & if terrible bingo we yield the top pick in the draft.Β  The more Harris waits the worse he looks and now and in the most predictable ES thing fans are blaming players and want to reinvent the wheel. Time to axe Allen and Payne talk. Coaches are ready to strangle each other, and players ready to strangle them.

Β 

This is all terrible PR for Harris. Meanwhile, I would love to go to a December game with new coaches in place but won't pay to see Ron's last game.

Β 

So now we can't fire JDR because its black friday but winning teams were replacing assistants right before thanksgiving. Then its Christmas time so that means all jobs are safe. Wait, let me guess its also not appropriate to fire Ron when the season ends because we don't want to ruin his entire new year.

Β 

Harris playing the long game for a draft pick is painful to watch at this point. There are other ways to achieve the same result with much better PR.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Im not even sure what Ron does? Don't care if they fire him or not (before EOY) but I'd love to see the D play with some fresh eyes and scheme. Even if it's Kerigan doing the DC. See what, if any, of those guys can cover in the secondary. Press the line of scrimmage and see if they can get a body anywhere close to a receiver once in a while? Just can't get my head around every team having guys wide the **** open every time they drop back. It's not even close most passes. 5 games of something new would let them know if they have anything to build off back there. I know the talent is lacking, but damn.. That ****s embarrassing.Β 

I was dead-set against Ron being fired before Black Monday, but now I'm wavering. Not for emotional reasons, but because I'm wondering whether Josh and his advisors can properly evaluate a roster that's tuning out. It'd be interesting to see who steps it up under an interim HC...and who doesn't. The season's lost either way.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

I think they went from a dead fish in Turner to a loud and extra EB. Β Loud and extra might have worked, if his offense did. Β But players aren’t stupid, they see the plays that are doomed pre-snap that have killed so many drives. Β 
Β 

I doubt they are longing for the days of Scott Turner, but I’d imagine it’s hard taking direction from a guy that’s full of himself for no reason.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Keim was dropping some not so subtle hints that the locker room doesn't think much of Bienemy and doesn't want him in the mix for HC.

Β 

I would imagine, the stuff we were hearing from training camp only has gotten worse as the season goes in the toilet.Β  Less patience for hard coaching when you're not seeing results and losing.Β 

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Harris missed the best chance to fire Ron and his staff. Sure it was late in camp but to say it couldn't possibly be done is a lie. Just replace all the high school grade coaches with high school grade coaches. Just do it and deal with the results & if terrible bingo we yield the top pick in the draft.Β  The more Harris waits the worse he looks and now and in the most predictable ES thing fans are blaming players and want to reinvent the wheel. Time to axe Allen and Payne talk. Coaches are ready to strangle each other, and players ready to strangle them.

Β 

This is all terrible PR for Harris. Meanwhile, I would love to go to a December game with new coaches in place but won't pay to see Ron's last game.

Β 

So now we can't fire JDR because its black friday but winning teams were replacing assistants right before thanksgiving. Then its Christmas time so that means all jobs are safe. Wait, let me guess its also not appropriate to fire Ron when the season ends because we don't want to ruin his entire new year.

Β 

Harris playing the long game for a draft pick is painful to watch at this point. There are other ways to achieve the same result with much better PR.

I disagree with almost everything here. Β 
Β 

Firing Ron before training camp and not having a replacement is Snyder worthy stuff. Β 
Β 

Ron is, for whatever reason, respected in league circles. Β 
Β 

Being patient and practical might not endear him to emotional fans, but it’s 100% the right thing to do. Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

There’s no one to replace him with. Firing him now isn’t any smarter than firing him in August would have been.Β 
Β 

one thing is for sure - his 4 years are a failure and it’s obvious. I’m tired of my team sucking and I’m looking forward to the thorough house cleaning that will come early January.Β 

24 minutes ago, profusion said:

I was dead-set against Ron being fired before Black Monday, but now I'm wavering. Not for emotional reasons, but because I'm wondering whether Josh and his advisors can properly evaluate a roster that's tuning out. It'd be interesting to see who steps it up under an interim HC...and who doesn't. The season's lost either way.

Β 

There's not really a lot of people to play that aren't already playing due to injury or being put in for a benching.Β  We swapped out 2 OL, Hudson and Mayo got a bunch of reps when Barton was on IR, Butler's in, Johnson got in for Forbes, and we're scraping the bottom of the depth chart at DE.Β  Everybody's gotten chances to be evaluated.Β Β