Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Sick!  Disgusting and Ownership needs to be ownership and fire the entire staff, coaching and F.O. now!  The fans have spoken for weeks for this.  A bit ticked but leave those who can operate this Titanic until this nightmare ends.  My bad.  Nuff said. 

You don't want to change things too much in a lost season.  The most important thing right now is getting that high draft pick status,  nothing else.  Keeping most of the staff in place ensures that.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My concern is get rid of ALL the waste.  To include the HC!  IF Harris doesn't fire RR and Co. at the end of the season I rank him right there with Snyder!  

Relax. I have a better chance of coaching the team next year than Rivera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Relax. I have a better chance of coaching the team next year than Rivera.

I am.  Put the fire out and move on.  The only reason RR is still here is because no one wants the interim HC.  My guess.  Yours?

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Harris missed the best chance to fire Ron and his staff. Sure it was late in camp but to say it couldn't possibly be done is a lie. Just replace all the high school grade coaches with high school grade coaches. Just do it and deal with the results & if terrible bingo we yield the top pick in the draft.  The more Harris waits the worse he looks and now and in the most predictable ES thing fans are blaming players and want to reinvent the wheel. Time to axe Allen and Payne talk. Coaches are ready to strangle each other, and players ready to strangle them.

This is all terrible PR for Harris. Meanwhile, I would love to go to a December game with new coaches in place but won't pay to see Ron's last game.

So now we can't fire JDR because its black friday but winning teams were replacing assistants right before thanksgiving. Then its Christmas time so that means all jobs are safe. Wait, let me guess its also not appropriate to fire Ron when the season ends because we don't want to ruin his entire new year.

Harris playing the long game for a draft pick is painful to watch at this point. There are other ways to achieve the same result with much better PR.

There would absolutely not be “better PR” if he had made the literally unprecedented  move of firing the entire staff right before training camp and hiring dudes off the street to replace them with no prep time (because current NFL coaches are not leaving their jobs in the summer to come to be part of your reckless last-second immediate lame duck staff). 

You are so wrong on this topic it’s baffling. He would have looked like an irrational asshole firing everybody late in the offseason after finally getting the team. 

No matter how much you want to disagree, it was TRULY too late to do all that. You calling that idea a “lie” is bizarre. 

None of this season reflects on Harris at all, that’s what you don’t seem to get. That’s why he hasn’t touched it to this point, it only starts reflecting on him if he names a replacement for Rivera on a coaching staff that doesn’t have a viable candidate. Now Rivera is getting desperate and firing Del Rio. Just let him squirm. You’ve started saying increasingly ridiculous things about Harris because you want blood so badly. It’s just a bad idea, and it was truly impossible to make changes this offseason. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I am.  Put the fire out and move on.  The only reason RR is still here is because no one wants the interim HC.  My guess.  Yours?

The only reason RR is still here is because Harris told him he'd have to season to be evaluated. He gets that. That's not a guess, that's been reported. It's a smart, patient move by Harris.

• Like 2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

The only reason RR is still here is because Harris told him he'd have to season to be evaluated. He gets that. That's not a guess, that's been reported. It's a smart, patient move by Harris.

Agreed. He gains nothing firing Rivera now except the gratification of a few emotional short sighted fans. Harris isnt Snyder, he knows patience and how to play the long game.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. He gains nothing firing Rivera now except the gratification of a few emotional short sighted fans. Harris isnt Snyder, he knows patience and how to play the long game.

No one wanted to be interim HC.  Just my guess. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Exactly. At this point it's just impatient and punitive. We've had almost a quarter of a century of that. It's time to find something different.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:36 AM, Conn said:

You guys see that, Rapoport can’t even refer to Rivera without describing him as our “respected coach”. That’s the league-wide opinion even if we’ve come to the point of feeling disdain for him. That’s why the firing and the timing of it needs to be handled carefully even if it would have felt amazing to slake the blood-thirst and fire him weeks ago (or months ago). Harris knows this. Maybe today goes so poorly that he pulls the trigger, maybe it doesn’t or he just chooses not to. But it’s not just about whether Rivera deserves it or not, he obviously does. This is a long game thing.

Agree.  

Rivera is very networked in the NFL and beloved as a dude by the national media.

The ironic thing is when you name it -- analytics people, personnel people off the record, ex-GMs or whomever rate the coaches or FOs in the leagye, Rivera is typically near the bottom.  

But when it comes to word of mouth from the national media, Rivera is very well liked.

On another note, Sheehan just said he heard (Standig echoed it) from his sources who told him this was Rivera's move to fire Del Rio as opposed to been prompted by Harris.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note, Sheehan just said he heard (Standig echoed it) from his sources who told him this was Rivera's move to fire Del Rio as opposed to been prompted by Harris.

This from the official Twitter account of The Washington Commanders: @commanders

image.png.8c6324627af77b52ae541d5151e03844.png

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  

Rivera is very networked in the NFL and beloved as a dude by the national media.

The ironic thing is when you name it -- analytics people, personnel people off the record, ex-GMs or whomever rate the coaches or FOs in the leagye, Rivera is typically near the bottom.  

But when it comes to word of mouth from the national media, Rivera is very well liked.

He has the natl media duped. The local media who closely cover this team know better, and see through RR's act. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

After Miami torches us, will EB be next before the bye?

Zero chance that happens. There would be no point to having your young quarterback operate a different offensive philosophy with such little time left in the season. 

I don't see any way EB will he around next season though. 

• Thumb up 1