Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'v watched plenty in real time.  But I got to study them.    At a minimum if they keep rising, the idea that Harrison might fall to 4 or 5 isn't as ridiculous as I once thought.  It's part of the reason why a top 5 pick i think would be tremendous in this draft.  

If Harrison did fall into our lap, I'd love to be able to hear the trade proposals thrown our way

• Like 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

If Harrison did fall into our lap, I'd love to be able to hear the trade proposals thrown our way

This draft is going to be fun! We will have a lot of flexibility, hoping for a competent approach this time with football people in charge. Exciting!

• Thumb up 2

If I am Harris I think it helps the team in the long run to let the new GM and coach grade our existing players under a new voice or scheme. Specifically defense. A new GM watching our studly defenders and Harris's top assets on the balance sheet get abused all year under JDR going start to finish as the DC, giving up the most points in the league?? The GM is going to watch the games and see near total failure & be FAR more inclined to clean house and Harris'll deal with a lot of write offs and cap hits.  What other data will the new GM have to go on... college tape? 

Harris should do that favor to me his new GM and fire JDR which gives them 6 games under new schemes & new voices to grade them. I bet Eugene would love to pour over the changes in the performance data. It would neglectful of Harris not to IMO. We are basically a league worst D.  Colossal failure even without WRT expectations. Its time to start addressing that elephant. Lets see the players motivation tested, like Vegas did who rallied behind our old backer.

Know I'll often share the non mainstream opines to stir conversations or get some out of the box thoughts on paper html.  I don't believe all my bull**** but you need to jump into the minds of others, still only to GUESS what they are thinking. Perusing the internets, I don't assume people are predictable, that we can read minds. Of course all coaches would love to come here duh!!!!!!1!  ain't me. One of my favorite motto's. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

If I am Harris I think it helps the team in the long run to let the new GM and coach grade our existing players under a new voice or scheme. Specifically defense. A new GM watching our studly defenders and Harris's top assets on the balance sheet get abused all year under JDR going start to finish as the DC, giving up the most points in the league?? The GM is going to watch the games and see near total failure & be FAR more inclined to clean house and Harris'll deal with a lot of write offs and cap hits.  What other data will the new GM have to go on... college tape? 

Harris should do that favor to me his new GM and fire JDR which gives them 6 games under new schemes & new voices to grade them. I bet Eugene would love to pour over the changes in the performance data. It would neglectful of Harris not to IMO. We are basically a league worst D.  Colossal failure even without WRT expectations. Its time to start addressing that elephant. Lets see the players motivation tested, like Vegas did who rallied behind our old backer.

Know I'll often share the non mainstream opines to stir conversations or get some out of the box thoughts on paper html.  I don't believe all my bull**** but you need to jump into the minds of others, still only to GUESS what they are thinking. Perusing the internets, I don't assume people are predictable, that we can read minds. Of course all coaches would love to come here duh!!!!!!1!  ain't me. One of my favorite motto's. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. 

I understand the thought process behind firing JD and putting someone else in there but the question is who do you put in the position? A current staff member? Is there anyone on the current staff capable of giving it a legitimate run? Is there an Antonio Pierce on the staff?  Cant really bring anyone in from the outside knowing there is virtually no chance they will be the DC going forward. New GM HC needs to pick their own staff. I want this season to end quickly so we can move forward with a completely clean slate, front office and coaches.

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Ball Security said:

He would be someone I’d have on the interview list.

I'd also add Frank Smith, Miami's OC. While he is going to have the same stigma as Bienemy (doesn't call plays), he's instrumental to Mike McDaniel in game planning, play designs. He's also a master communicator, supposedly. Being from the Shanny Line is gold, Jerry.

Edited by Riggo#44

56 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am just playing devils advocate. You know why? Taking 10 million to stand on a pile of **** will have candidates lining up with shovels.

We are a ****show until we aren't and other orgs simply provide a more attractive, lets call it stable or proven environment. Sure there is the promise of a light at the end the tunnel with new ownership but we are a damaged scarred organization with baggage and candidates know it. I have said it many times over the years but its awkward AF for our new players and coaches to see our stadium overrun, or empty. Hell its awkward AF just watching Rivera and JDR still on the sidelines every damn week. And its getting more awkward with every loss. When will the **** covered shoe drop?

Random thought on why a new coach may be thinking twice... what if he doesn't like our beloved king Sam Howell. Wants the 6'4 pure pocket type with less sack / turnovers, or wants an elite runner type. Not a deal breaker but more to my point if Howell was completely dominating this year, consensus that he IS the real deal, that makes the job more attractive. Draft an LT and lets roll.

You are not really playing Devil’s Advocate in a classic sense, because you are actually upset and can’t stand that he’s not firing the coaches early. And the more upset you get about it, the worse the worst case scenarios you dream up get. That’s not playing Devil’s Advocate. 

As for the Howell stuff…yeah, if he was obviously elite it would make incoming FO personnel and coaches more sure about him and make the job that much more enticing. That’s obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'd also add Kevin Smith, Miami's OC. While he is going to have the same stigma as Bienemy (doesn't call plays), he's instrumental to Mike McDaniel in game planning, play designs. He's also a master communicator, supposedly. Being from the Shanny Line is gold, Jerry.

I think you meant Frank Smith?

As a coach:

Just now, DWinzit said:

I think you meant Frank Smith?

As a coach:

That's what I said! Totally not edited.

• Haha 1

I don’t want anyone fired at this point. I want to loose all the rest of our games and I think the staff we have now can do that.  I want a top 5 or 6 pick in the draft. I want the best LT in college football that is if you think Sam is your QB of the future. If he isn’t then move up to get a QB. I then want to trade our 2 second round picks to move up and get the best stud LG available. I want the Hogs revisited. I want to maul defenses with our line and protect the OB. I am sick of watching our OB running for his life. It is impossible to win if you cannot protect the QB in the NFL. We have enough receivers even if Harrison falls to us. Trade the pick if possible if we can still get our LT for the next 10 yrs. We did not get a good LT last year because we did not have brains enough to move up. We had a crap O line and we drafted secondary instead. Guess RR can’t figure out why he is going to get canned. The answer is look at the way you draft Ron. Cheers everyone an happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

If retaining Rivera hinders any opportunity for Harris & Co. to inquire and/or speak with GM candidates, or receive consultation in getting that process started then you have to let Ron go. I don't believe that to be the case, but it is an interesting thought that has been brought up here

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Bantu said:

If retaining Rivera hinders any opportunity for Harris & Co. to inquire and/or speak with GM candidates, or receive consultation in getting that process started then you have to let Ron go. I don't believe that to be the case, but it is an interesting thought that has been brought up here

Ron is the one with full control; so he’s the Gm also, even though he doesn’t have that title and has gms on staff.

You have to fire Ron before doing anything on the Gm front, interviewwise.

1 hour ago, Bantu said:

Yeah.  I would think this is the best course of action if you can start interviewing early.  If not, I would keep status quo and try to lose out.  

I also do not want us trading our two 2nd rounders to move up into the first round.  We need LOTS of talent, and a new, quality GM will see it the way as well.  Also, the analytics say to keep more picks.  I would think/hope that with a quality GM and scouting department installed before the draft, we can finally say goodbye to the annual flushing of our second round draft picks and actually use them going forward to acquire talented players that become a long-term asset to this team.   

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron is the one with full control; so he’s the Gm also, even though he doesn’t have that title and has gms on staff.

You have to fire Ron before doing anything on the Gm front, interviewwise.

Yeah, we understand he's the head of football ops, I just meant does that prohibit ownership from doing due diligence on front office execs they may want to hire? I'm not sure if the NFL has any rules on when you can start the process with GMs like they do with coaching candidates who are still participating in the playoffs, for example. If there is a rule, then I'd be calling in the Marty's right now and hand out some walking papers. 

13 hours ago, Conn said:

I saw you earlier mention all the noise about BB so I feel compelled to tell you, there are no substantiated rumors or reports about Belichick at all. And the one person in a position to have a scoop (the source connected to Rales who texts in to the Junkies or whatever) says there’s no truth to it. Everywhere else he’s been, Harris has prioritized starting with a the best GM he thinks he can get. No reason to think he’d do differently here.

And he’d lose credibility hiring Belichick in the year 2024, not gain it. 

If you’re doing all this to talk yourself into it because you’ve seen the rumors or whatever and think it’s inevitable, I just wanted to let you know that you don’t have to do that, it doesn’t seem to be a real report at all. 

I agree with you, but I don’t think we can just accept the word of a random unnamed junkies texter, who supposedly is in the know. If the rumors are in fact true, they would need to keep it quiet to avoid having it look like tampering. Sending a guy like that to quiet the noise would make a lot of sense. Like you, I just want a GM. But if Belichick is available, we certainly shouldn’t dismiss it. We want to be seen as a place a guy like that would consider coming to.

21 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Yeah, we understand he's the head of football ops, I just meant does that prohibit ownership from doing due diligence on front office execs they may want to hire? I'm not sure if the NFL has any rules on when you can start the process with GMs like they do with coaching candidates who are still participating in the playoffs, for example. If there is a rule, then I'd be calling in the Marty's right now and hand out some walking papers. 

I don't think it would limit them to put out nonoffical explorers which is how this stuff typically starts.  GMs are working nonstop during the season, especially those in playoff contention.  The interviews for GMs already working happens after the season from what I recall.

Sheehan mentioned today don't be surprised if we start hearing names as to rumors soon.  He doubled down that he doesn't think they'd go Belichick.  Grant said yesterday what some others already said which is he heard that this regime likes a GM centric model and likely the GM hires the HC.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I Grant said yesterday what some others already said which is he heard that this regime likes a GM centric model and likely the GM hires the HC.

Kevin Colbert might be a name to keep an eye on.  I know he stepped down from the Steelers but he might be brought in as a GM consultant as Harris had a business relationship and knows him from his minority ownership on Pittsburgh.  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Kevin Colbert might be a name to keep an eye on.  I know he stepped down from the Steelers but he might be brought in as a GM consultant as Harris had a business relationship and knows him from his minority ownership on Pittsburgh.  

Wouldn't mind Colbert as Team President(think Bruce Allen role). He can aid in hiring the GM and let the GM focus on pure football stuff while Colbert helps Harris with all the off field stuff(stadium, sponsorships etc).

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Wouldn't mind Colbert as Team President(think Bruce Allen role). He can aid in hiring the GM and let the GM focus on pure football stuff while Colbert helps Harris with all the off field stuff(stadium, sponsorships etc).

It depends on how involved Colbert wants to be now.  That would be a perfect role for Colbert and one that might entice him, WH36. 

21 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

"Adopt offensive philosophies to fit the strengths of the players". What a novel concept! Perhaps we could try that here for a change?

Another similar crazy idea would be to bring in good players that fit the offensive and defensive philosophies

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

It depends on how involved Colbert wants to be now.  That would be a perfect role for Colbert and one that might entice him, WH36. 

Yeah I think so too. He stepped down from the Steelers as their GM but was in that role for like 20+ years or something. I think he might wanna focus more on the business side of things, especially if he has a good relationship with Harris, while letting a young up and comer who's a scouting junkie run the football ops.

• Like 1