Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

Just now, Simmsy said:

Now we're playing scared.

I’m not saying it’s the right call, but they’re clearly just trying to slow down the game and stop the bleeding, the lions are amped up and destroying us in every phase with big plays. And feeding off of it, which compounds 

Just now, London Kev said:

I thought that WJIII would be better than this

When you have guys like Sweat who literally can’t sniff the QB for 8 seconds, that’s asking a lot of the secondary.  He was so far out of the play Goff ran in his direction to escape pressure from his left.  Time to cut Mr. “We’re gonna get 40 sacks between us” loose.  Just the fact that he has such little knowledge of his own ability is scary.  

And Turner is not ready for the big time.  He might be one day but he is severely limited in feeling the game and adjusting.  Not sure why he thinks slow developing routes is the way to go.  He’s literally taking the ball out of the hands of our strength.

Just now, BigDibbs31 said:

What the **** is Turner calling? Pound the back that needs the ball in space

I agree here. Despite me sticking up for the coaches a bit… screens and short catch and throws to space are needed to slow the rush and let us get to our offense. Running Gibson, who isn’t a great running back, is a mistake. That’s not his strength and our OL is struggling. Get off the script.