Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

Welcome to the Commanders and the NFL sir. :)

3edadca7-593c-46f3-9dcb-715938c37f42

HEIGHT  5' 11"

WEIGHT. 178 lbs

ARMS      30 3/4"

HANDS  9 1/2"

40 Yard Dash

Bench Press

--

Vertical Jump

Broad Jump

3 Cone Drill

NFL.com Draft Profile

Overview

Finesse wideout with good speed and great athleticism who is fully operational on all three levels of the field. Dotson's passing scheme was well-designed and allowed for clear access to space for most of the season. His route-running is smooth but features speed changes and his in-air athleticism and ball skills look effortless. His confidence and competitiveness are just average against physical coverage and he's likely to see a lot more press looks as a pro. Dotson has inside/outside starting talent but a lack of physicality could prevent him from taking over games at the same rate we saw at Penn State.

Strengths

Instant acceleration to stem-and-go in his release.

Early juice creates earlier hip turn from coverage.

A single route can feature three-speed variance.

Slick and smooth on the move.

Talent to work all three levels of the field.

Potent second gear finding and maintaining deep-ball separation.

Agile, quick feet used on shake routes underneath.

Graceful leap-and-adjust when playing above the rim.

Gets to full extension for sudden grabs with large, strong hands.

Phone booth wiggle after the catch.

Talented punt returner with big-play potential.

*Click Link For more*

• Thanks 1

So, You’ve Drafted Jahan Dotson...

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2022/4/28/23045802/so-youve-drafted-jahan-dotson

The Skinny

A former four-star and Top 200 prospect out of Nazareth, PA. Jahan was originally committed to play for Jim Mora at UCLA, but when Mora was fired after the 2017 season, PSU made a strong play for Dotson and flipped him to the home state school. As a true freshman in 2018, Jahan was called upon midway through the year to provide a more reliable set of hands when the upperclassmen were dealing with a bad case of the drops. He followed that up with a stronger 2019 campaign, in which he caught 24 balls for 462 yards and four touchdowns, as KJ Hamler drew all the attention as the team’s top receiver.

That 2019 season was followed by a true breakout campaign in 2020, where Jahan had over double the amount of catches (52), nearly double amount of yards (882), and exactly double the amount of TD’s (eight), which included five games over 100 yards receiving, and some highlight-reel worthy catches (most famous of course, being his one-handed grab for a TD over an Ohio State defender). He then decided to come back for one more go-around in 2021, where he put up an astonishing 91 catches for 1,182 yards and 12 TD’s, which included five games over 100 yards and one game over 200 yards, a 242-yard effort against Maryland which broke a PSU single game record in receiving yards previously held by Deon Butler in 2006.

• Thumb up 3

He is a stud, knocking the pick because his name is similar to a guy who was a true head scratching, reach of a pick is laughable.  Dotson brought it against legit comp, always, and routinely stood out in those settings as one of the best players on the field across both sidelines.  Good head on his shoulders too, will be a hell of a weapon.  

• Like 6

Wanted a WR, got one.

Not my first choice at the position but whatever.

He can return kicks, so he may fill that void for us this year as well as being a contributor in the pass game.

We are really committing to the small WRs in building this roster, and this dude is 180lbs.

But hoo doggy does this dude have hands. A lot of people thought Bates had great soft hands last yr and you can add his guy to the mix.

Not over the moon, but I'm good w/ it

too many people are destroying this pick before he even plays a down just because it wasn't who they wanted. based on what i've seen, i think he's promising even if he doesn't have prototypical measurables. i wanted one of the ohio state receivers too, but the draft is a crap shoot and i think they got additional picks that were needed. i distinctly remember tons of people ripping the mclaurin pick. no one knows ****, at least to the degree of certainty they are showing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 3