Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

52 minutes ago, China said:

Elon Musk unbans several controversial Twitter accounts, but says not yet on Trump

Elon Musk on Friday said Twitter plans to restore several controversial accounts that had previously been banned or suspended, but added that the company has not yet made a decision about the account of former President Donald Trump.

The announcement came as a follow-up to a tweet in which Musk attempted to clarify what the platform’s content moderation policies will be under his leadership.

“New Twitter (TWTR) policy is freedom of speech, not freedom of reach,” Musk said in the tweet, echoing an approach that is something of an industry standard. “Negative/hate tweets will be max deboosted & demonetized, so no ads or other revenue to Twitter (TWTR).”

Musk said that controversial Canadian podcaster Jordan Peterson and the right-leaning satire website Babylon Bee, which had both previously been banned from the platform, would have their accounts restored. He added that comedian Kathy Griffin, who was suspended from the platform earlier this month for impersonating Musk, would have her account restored.

The billionaire Twitter owner previously said he would delay the ruling on Trump, who this week announced plans to run for President in 2024, and other major content-related decisions until a “content moderation council” was in place to help make those calls.

Click on the link for the full article

Technically they were not all banned. 

Twitter felt better when it seemed like it belonged to everyone, and those in charge were its stewards...now it's emphasized over and over again that Twitter belongs to one man and one man alone. And whatever mood he's in will dictate what happens on the site. I don't want to hang out at Elon's place and talk. To me, that's what it's turning into.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Place I work overnight typically has Fox News on all night. (No sound). 

They're pushing the narrative that Twitter is exposing how the company was taken over by the elitist liberal laptop class who want to sit at home in their pajamas and demand $400 meal allowances per day. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

I don’t necessarily believe everything that is being reported or posted here is 100 percent accurate. Their are a bunch of disgruntled and other politically motivated people willing to use questionable sourcing as a basis for writing “news” articles, especially tweeted news articles.

But obviously it isn’t going great for Twitter at the moment. Advertiser have pulled back advertising and the government is investigating the company for violating the consent decree, and the company is facing several civil lawsuits.

I highly doubt this was Musks plan, what plan. I just wonder what the banks and other investors thought would happen. Apparently Musk can afford to throw huge sums of money around without a plan to recoup it, but don’t think banks have a fiduciary responsibility to protect their money?  Almost immediately they devalued their investments into Twitter….

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t necessarily believe everything that is being reported or posted here is 100 percent accurate.

Here is the perspective of a senior engineer that reflects many of the outsider comments here from people with knowledge of the tech sector. Good people with choices  don’t typically sign up for a ‘death march’ unless there is either a vision or financial comp, and preferably both. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Here is the perspective of a senior engineer that reflects many of the outsider comments here from people with knowledge of the tech sector. Good people with choices  don’t typically sign up for a ‘death march’ unless there is either a vision or financial comp, and preferably both. 

The comments in that thread are so, so weird.

44 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The comments in that thread are so, so weird.

For those who have drunk the right-wing KoolAid and believe that Twitter was a cesspool of woke liberals, and that Elon is a super-genius, reading a sensible and articulate insider view that suggests Elon might not be playing 4D chess is impossible for the brain to process.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t necessarily believe everything that is being reported or posted here is 100 percent accurate. Their are a bunch of disgruntled and other politically motivated people willing to use questionable sourcing as a basis for writing “news” articles, especially tweeted news articles.

But obviously it isn’t going great for Twitter at the moment. Advertiser have pulled back advertising and the government is investigating the company for violating the consent decree, and the company is facing several civil lawsuits.

I highly doubt this was Musks plan, what plan. I just wonder what the banks and other investors thought would happen. Apparently Musk can afford to throw huge sums of money around without a plan to recoup it, but don’t think banks have a fiduciary responsibility to protect their money?  Almost immediately they devalued their investments into Twitter….

If it's a tweet saying something happened, it's suspect, imo.  Someone claimed to be in charge of badges, fired, then Elon screwed up and locked everyone out, that's real reason no one can come to work until Monday.  Sounds hilarious, but I'm not buying it.

But plenty of the specific accounts of what is confirmed to be going on is showing up in Forbes and Business Insider, for example, and that's were I'm seeing a lot of reddit posts from.

If even Fox News, which seems to be trying to defend him at every turn over how he's handling Twitter, confirms he fired that many people only to realize he needs to bring some of them back, what's going on is chaos is fact, how bad it really is is whats up in the air.

A lot of the impersonation tweets weren't fake, they were real, advertisers pulling out or recommending Twitter ads pauses in mass, that's real, too.  At this point, I don't think it matters what's true or not, perception is reality, and Elon is losing here in regards to Twitter. In a way I'm not sure he can get it back, even if Twitter doesn't cease to exist Ina couple years.

@Califan007 The ConstipatedCalling it Elon's place to Tweet is spot on...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

If it's a tweet saying something happened, it's suspect, imo.  Someone claimed to be in charge of badges, fired, then Elon screwed up and locked everyone out, that's real reason no one can come to work until Monday.  Sounds hilarious, but I'm not buying it.

But plenty of the specific accounts of what is confirmed to be going on is showing up in Forbes and Business Insider, for example, and that's were I'm seeing a lot of reddit posts from.

If even Fox News, which seems to be trying to defend him at every turn over how he's handling Twitter, confirms he fired that many people only to realize he needs to bring some of them back, what's going on is chaos is fact, how bad it really is is whats up in the air.

A lot of the impersonation tweets weren't fake, they were real, advertisers pulling out or recommending Twitter ads pauses in mass, that's real, too.  At this point, I don't think it matters what's true or not, perception is reality, and Elon is losing here in regards to Twitter. In a way I'm not sure he can get it back, even if Twitter doesn't cease to exist Ina couple years.

fair enough. Feels like we are on the same page regarding Twitter.

• Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I've been a "whale" before...there are a lot of flaws in his reasoning in that thread.

I dunno...I think Elon's master plan to out incompetent people that have only made it as far as they have due to other peoples work but are in reality a liability to their company has worked flawlessly in at least one case.

• Haha 5