Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

So Musk wants people to work in the office and not from home but then closes the office?

Twitter ‘closes offices’ after Elon Musk’s loyalty oath sparks wave of resignations

Hundreds of Twitter employees refused on Thursday to sign a pledge to work “long hours at high intensity”, threatening the site’s ability to keep operating and prompting hurried debates among managers over who should be asked to return, current and former employees said.

The crisis came in response to an ultimatum the site’s new owner, Elon Musk, issued Wednesday demanding that employees sign a pledge to work harder by 5pm eastern time Thursday or accept three months’ severance pay, several media outlets reported.

Click on the link for the full article

Apparently in desperation to help with retention he sent out a mass email saying work from home was OK if your manager confirmed you were going excellent work. And then 20 minutes later he burned that attempt by saying if any manager is not truthful about how productive you are working from home then they will be fired too. 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Apparently in desperation to help with retention he sent out a mass email saying work from home was OK if your manager confirmed you were going excellent work. And then 20 minutes later he burned that attempt by saying if any manager is not truthful about how productive you are working from home then they will be fired too. 

I honestly don’t know if you’re joking

wither way is plausible 

7 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

1:46 am on the east coast and the site still ain't down yet

if this is goodbye it's sure taking a while lol

Not sure why some people think that "Twitter is going down in flames" means their datacenter servers and network underlay will suddenly **** the bed immediately. It will take a little while for that to happen most likely, as I'm guessing they're well designed with plenty of redundancy. The problem is that when it does happen, there will literally be nobody to fix it.

It also means that there's likely nobody to manage regular patching, etc. which means potential new bugs and security vulnerabilities in the stack won't be addressed.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd suspect 20-30% of the normal dev workforce can still keep it afloat for a few weeks. But Elon is 1000000% responsible for killing Twitter. 

And much smarter people than me are saying it's dead man walking. 

I’m sure that this was his brilliant endgame. People occasionally poked fun at him on Twitter, and that cannot be allowed to stand unchecked. $44 billion is a small price to pay to force people to make fun of him on Reddit. 

• Haha 4

I think 20-30 percent of the developers working could keep the front-facing part of Twitter open for a long time.

However, keeping the server response times efficient, ensuring resiliency from dos attacks and other hacking attempts, ensuring the same user experience across all platforms, ect will immediately suffer. I expect quite a few politicians unsavory DMs to be be released over the coming few months.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84