Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

37 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

How many conservative social media platforms have been started since trump was banned? Hasn’t he started his own? Have they received any traction? He could incite it there if he wanted right? Must mean twitter has enough sway to make it a bad place. 

They are all trivial compared to the megaphone that is Twitter given how many active members are in there.

Think about how hard it was for Facebook to get ahead of the hate speech that lead to the exile and genocide of the Rohingya.

The reach and impact of these giant social media platforms should not be underestimated.

Edited by Renegade7

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They are all trivial compared to the megaphone that is Twitter given how many active members are in there.

Think about how hard it was for Facebook to get ahead of the hate speech that lead to the exile and genocide of the Rohingya.

The reach and impact of these giant social media platforms should not be underestimated.

I certainly don’t mean to understate the reach. I think the reach is the problem. If it became an echo chamber would anyone still care? That’s my question I guess. 

Ever since Trump came down that escalator the one thing that has bothered me tremendously is how much people pay attention to him. Not his followers. Everyone else. Constantly dissecting every thing he does and says. Twitter was a huge part of that.

I realize it’s completely out of the question that everyone besides his followers leaves twitter but I do believe that would take away some of his sway on the platform. 

#MakeTwitterTrivial

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I certainly don’t mean to understate the reach. I think the reach is the problem. If it became an echo chamber would anyone still care? That’s my question I guess. 

Ever since Trump came down that escalator the one thing that has bothered me tremendously is how much people pay attention to him. Not his followers. Everyone else. Constantly dissecting every thing he does and says. Twitter was a huge part of that.

I realize it’s completely out of the question that everyone besides his followers leaves twitter but I do believe that would take away some of his sway on the platform. 

#MakeTwitterTrivial

Nah, he dispises anyone that isn't a loyal follower, seeing nothing but that on twitter would only embolden his ego.

Not like everyone that isn't part of his base will leave twitter until a platform rivals it, POTUS uses it, every branch of the military, news organizations and journalists.

And I get the concern of maybe giving him too much attention, but we can't ignore him given what his end goal is. Has to be a middle ground.

Elon does not care of ramifications of this decision because he is underestimating the extremes of authoritarianism.  The second his free speech interfers with their attempts to control information, the leapord will eat his face (see China's stance towards twitter).  

So, Trump is coming back. Sorry, folks! This is a great thing, I want this man's stupidity pounded into the psyche of the American people on a daily basis. I want his moronic thoughts to be put out on full display, the American people need to see it, need to remember. When Trump was president, I recall begging God to make him go away. It wasn't until the 2018 midterms that I realized that Trump is actually beneficial to the democrats. The downside, Trump is clearly dangerous. He dangerous in a physical sense, morally and lawfully. However, the stakes are high, bring the dumbass back!

Another thing that I feel is being forgotten or ignored, is that Twitter is social media...the people can and will leave if thats what they want. Why is Trump's media project a failure? Well, right wingers need libs to trigger, there are no libs on truth social. What people fail to realize is that if Twitter turns into some right wing haven, the left will just leave, move on to the next social app. I used to love Facebook, but I can't stand all the right wing morons on there anymore. I'm barely, if ever on Facebook anymore and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. Twitter isn't the end all, the people decide what social media is popular.

38 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So, Trump is coming back. Sorry, folks! This is a great thing, I want this man's stupidity pounded into the psyche of the American people on a daily basis. I want his moronic thoughts to be put out on full display, the American people need to see it, need to remember. When Trump was president, I recall begging God to make him go away. It wasn't until the 2018 midterms that I realized that Trump is actually beneficial to the democrats. The downside, Trump is clearly dangerous. He dangerous in a physical sense, morally and lawfully. However, the stakes are high, bring the dumbass back!

Another thing that I feel is being forgotten or ignored, is that Twitter is social media...the people can and will leave if thats what they want. Why is Trump's media project a failure? Well, right wingers need libs to trigger, there are no libs on truth social. What people fail to realize is that if Twitter turns into some right wing haven, the left will just leave, move on to the next social app. I used to love Facebook, but I can't stand all the right wing morons on there anymore. I'm barely, if ever on Facebook anymore and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. Twitter isn't the end all, the people decide what social media is popular.

Optimistic take. What I’ll say is the people who have sold there soul to Trump are winning elections.

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Optimistic take. What I’ll say is the people who have sold there soul to Trump are winning elections.

Trump, like always, isn't doing too well when it comes to his backed candidates in primaries. He's gotten a couple wins, but ultimately (like always) he's a loser.

So. will the crypyo crash affect the sale?

Binance is backing Elon Musk’s Twitter bid, boosting crypto believers’ vision of a ‘decentralized’ web

Bitcoin exchange Binance’s move to participate in Elon Musk’s $44 billion takeover of Twitter could boost digital currency evangelists’ hopes for the development of a more “decentralized,” crypto-friendly social media platform.

Binance plans to invest $500 million in equity funding as part of a $7 billion financing pledge to support the Tesla CEO’s bid to buy Twitter. Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison and venture capital firm Sequoia are among the other investors involved.

Binance’s participation is curious, not least because of the business it operates. The company is the world’s largest crypto exchange, handling more than $70 billion in spot and derivative trading volumes on a daily basis, according to CoinGecko data.

Changpeng Zhao, Binance’s billionaire CEO and founder, is a big believer in the crypto world’s vision of a new kind of internet, known as Web3. It’s an ill-defined term, but Web3 as a concept loosely refers to new web experiences built around blockchain, the technology that underpins many cryptocurrencies.

Click on the link for the full article

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You still think the board isn't concerned?

The board isn’t concerned. Focusing on stock price is a little myopic. Not to mention that TSLA shares have been outperforming the Nasdaq over the last three months…

A4E523B0-39CD-4E06-BE0D-37284F85C6F4.thumb.png.87df9d36792cf2a78c999b815868dd20.png

green is nasdaq and TSLA is red.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe a troll job all along...

Agreed.  This was the dead giveaway:

“This is not a way to sort of make money. My strong intuitive sense is that having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important,” he says. “So the future of civilization, but you don’t care about the economics at all.”

A strong troll job, but a troll job nonetheless. 

• Like 1