Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

Well as the trump lawyers got schooled in law 101 last week, no free speech does not apply to using twitter. 

as much as removing anonymity solved trolling (cause few people will be an asshole when their real name is attached to it and they can be held accountable), it also kills the platform. 

I, personally, think making everyone verified will clean up Twitter. 

im also guessing it’ll kill Twitter. And therefore never be done. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Well as the trump lawyers got schooled in law 101 last week, no free speech does not apply to using twitter. 

as much as removing anonymity solved trolling (cause few people will be an asshole when their real name is attached to it and they can be held accountable), it also kills the platform. 

I, personally, think making everyone verified will clean up Twitter. 

im also guessing it’ll kill Twitter. And therefore never be done. 

ESPN did the same thing. It went from a **** hole into a barren wasteland overnight. Eventually scrapped.

This forum could have been absolutely huge if it wasn’t for email verification we used, one of the first forums to do so.

• Like 2

‘If I Die In Mysterious Circumstances’: Elon Musk Fears For His Life, Shares Threatening Note From Russian Official

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is worried that the Russian state may try to assassinate him over his support for Ukraine the billionaire suggested on Twitter.

Since the Russian aggression began in February, Musk has sided with Ukraine and supported their cause in all ways possible. In the early days of the conflict, Tesla told its Ukrainian employees that the company would pay three months of wages if they were called to fight. His other company, SpaceX, has provided its satellite internet terminals at short notice to keep services connected in Ukraine.

A few hours ago, the tech tycoon posted on his Twitter account a message from Dmitry Rogozin, the head of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, threatening retaliation for Musk’s support of Ukraine.

“According to our information, the delivery and transfer to the Armed Forces of Ukraine of PO boxes for receiving and transmitting the Internet from Starlink was carried out by the Pentagon. Elon Musk is thus involved in the supply of fascist forces in Ukraine with military communications,” the note says before stating that Musk will have to pay for his actions.

“And for this, you will have to answer in an adult way, Elon, no matter how you turn on the fool.”

Musk seems to take these threats very seriously and shared the note on Twitter.

“If I die under mysterious circumstances, it’s been nice knowin ya,” the billionaire posted. In a previous tweet, he wonders about Rogozin’s use of the word ‘nazi’.

Click on the link for the full article

Think I'm done now...

Elon Musk says he would reverse Twitter ban on Donald Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/10/musk-talk-twitter/

SAN FRANCISCO — Elon Musk said he would reverse Twitter’s ban on former president Donald Trump.

Musk, the Tesla CEO who is soon to own Twitter, said it was a mistake for the website to ban the former president.

“I think it was a morally bad decision to be clear and foolish in the extreme,” he said at a Future of the Car event hosted by the Financial Times.

He added: "I do think it was not correct to ban Donald trump I think that was a mistake … It alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice.”

Twitter banned Trump in the wake of the Jan. 6 riots, citing the risk of further violence.

Musk is acquiring Twitter for roughly $44 billion, and has said he wants to promote free speech on the platform.

"...alienated..."

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If I sign today what kinda deal will you give me on one of those late model Miata things @TradeTheBeal!??

Sold the last one I had for 3 grand over sticker last week…to a guy in Connecticut.

He flew down and drove it home right off the showroom floor.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

As someone who doesn’t use twitter could y’all just stop using it? I feel like that would solve a lot of issues for someone who does even use the platform. 

It doesn't stop the people that will still use it for stuff like, idk, inciting an insurrection?

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Damn didn't know Miatas we're booming like that. When is Mazda going to get serious EVs on the road?

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

But what about Truth Social? We know the minute He's unbanned; Trump will post like crazy.

Truthwhat? It will go to the same place as Trump steaks, vodka, etc.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It doesn't stop the people that will still use it for stuff like, idk, inciting an insurrection?

How many conservative social media platforms have been started since trump was banned? Hasn’t he started his own? Have they received any traction? He could incite it there if he wanted right? Must mean twitter has enough sway to make it a bad place. 

Edited by CobraCommander