Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

@CousinsCowgirl84 is getting bullied, which is a shame.  Because all you upper middle class yuppies must be so devastated by this.  I understand your absolute worry!  The sky is falling.

While you BS in your office like the hypnotized version of Ron Livingston.

Now type too many words to care to read.

Tf you have the time.

I’m an upper class yuppie 

It’s so great doing conference calls on my patio. It’s been like 65-70 and super sunny all day with a light breeze 

my goldendoodle just naps in the fescue 

And now it’s 4 so it’s time for bourbon

this dog is so awesome. I wish I could just lay in the sun all day

wait I did 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It sounds like Musk is just another thin skinned famous guy that sides with whoever pats him on the head and tells him that he’s good.  

though I do agree with him that the far left loons on twitter hate everyone.  They’re also extremely annoying in how they make everything into an intersectionality lecture.  Absolutely everything they disagree with is sexist, racist, ableist, religious (because these people are almost entirely atheist), capitalist (which is the root of all evil), global warming, or something else that isn’t coming immediately to mind.  

Don’t like straws?  Well, you’re an ableist.  You do like straws?  You’re a polluter.  Do you use straws?  You shouldn’t until you read up on the racist history of soft drinks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

It sounds like Musk is just another thin skinned famous guy that sides with whoever pats him on the head and tells him that he’s good.  

though I do agree with him that the far left loons on twitter hate everyone.  They’re also extremely annoying in how they make everything into an intersectionality lecture.  Absolutely everything they disagree with is sexist, racist, ableist, religious (because these people are almost entirely atheist), capitalist (which is the root of all evil), global warming, or something else that isn’t coming immediately to mind.  

Don’t like straws?  Well, you’re an ableist.  You do like straws?  You’re a polluter.  Do you use straws?  You shouldn’t until you read up on the racist history of soft drinks.

Mmmm, straws...

6fb368c37c5e6f0099d70b228c8d95bd5799e361

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don't agree with your first point, but will take it in to consideration.

The rest I agree with.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Eh, while none of that “straw” word salad ever actually happened, you know what absolutely did happen?

Far right Covid/vax disinfo and ivermectin truthers lead to the deaths of many, many thousands of people.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Eh, while none of that “straw” word salad ever actually happened, you know what absolutely did happen?

Far right Covid/vax disinfo and ivermectin truthers lead to the deaths of many, many thousands of people.

I agree with you on the misinformation.  I think limiting that to just Covid sells it short.  Groups are using organized misinfo campaigns to radicalize and destabilize.   Stopping misinformation is important.  

…but you clearly haven’t fallen down the wrong rabbit hole on twitter if you think the straw thing hasn’t happened dozens of times.

6 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Actually got yelled at about it at work.   In my head, I said "B-word, just giving you what you need to not spill the sugar-infested bull**** you just ordered".  

And agree. 

Everyone’s got to have a strong opinion backed with outrage on every god damn topic

these people must live the most boring lives ever to even have the time to give a **** about this many things, this much 

if it weren’t for es I wouldn’t even know about 2/3 of this garbage 

• Like 1

Twitter alternatives are surging thanks to Elon Musk

Interest in alternative social media platforms like former President Donald Trump’s Truth Social and the open-source Mastodon has surged in recent days, following Elon Musk’s successful bid for Twitter.

And, surprisingly, Twitter is benefitting, too.

Data from two app-tracking companies found many social media apps have quickly climbed the charts.

Mastodon, which hosts various social communities that can create their own rules and guidelines, jumped 459 spots in the Apple App Store rankings, to No. 31 on the free app chart. Truth Social, which has struggled since its launch in February, climbed 170 positions in the Apple App Store rankings to become the No. 1 free app.

Twitter said this week that it was seeing some account closures, with some mainstream accounts losing thousands of followers, while conservative accounts have enjoyed an influx. But Twitter has seen its own uptick, moving from the No. 35 spot in the App Store to the No. 2 spot, according to Sensor Tower, a company that tracks apps.

While App Store ranking isn’t completely based on the number of downloads — it also includes consideration of how often an app is being used — Twitter saw the most installs of any day in the last month on Tuesday, a day after Twitter’s board announced that it would accept Musk’s purchase offer, according to Sensor Tower data.

Click on the link for the full article

5 hours ago, Destino said:

This is the thread! 

• Like 1

Good news, everyone!

Elon is now an expert in medicine and pharmaceuticals! His extensive medical schooling, pharmacy expertise, and psychology experience make him the person you should definitely listen to when it comes to medication advise.

It's not at all telling that Elon comes into contact that a lot of people mention wanting to kill themselves after speaking to him.

(Screenshot in case the tweet goes bye-bye)

FRkVd6KVkAAJWRn?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by GhostofSparta

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

Good news, everyone!

Elon is now an expert in medicine and pharmaceuticals! His extensive medical schooling, pharmacy expertise, and psychology experience make him the person you should definitely listen to when it comes to medication advise.

It's not at all telling that Elon comes into contact that a lot of people mention wanting to kill themselves after speaking to him.

(Screenshot in case the tweet goes bye-bye)

FRkVd6KVkAAJWRn?format=jpg&name=small

He has probably taken both so I assume he is talking from experience…. Seems like you spend a lot of time thinking about ways to hate him..

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He has probably taken both so I assume he is talking from experience…. Seems like you spend a lot of time thinking about ways to hate him..

Nah, he popped up on Twitter again (surprise), but since I have a couple of family members that have diagnosed ADHD, I tend to not like people who go all or nothing on certain meds because they didn't work for them personally, because generally pysch meds are very hit or miss depending on each individual person. Saying "this drug didn't work for me, this one did, so if you're having some issues then think about it" is fine, whereas "I took a drug that didn't work for me, so it won't work for anybody and it should never be an option for anyone ever" is the complete wrong approach. It's the same with depression meds. I have about half a dozen different friends with diagnosed clinical depression and every single one if them is taking a different drug than the rest. Saying one drug doesn't work for them is perfectly reasonable, but saying one drug that's saved somebody else's life shouldn't be an option because they didn't like it is just the wrong ****ing approach.

As a survivor of childhood cancer, I take the same approach with anti-vax stances. I almost died at 7 because some kid in my class came to school with Measles because his parents were anti-vaxx and he never got the MMR shot. Thankfully I was out that day at the doctor, or there was a good chance I could have caught it and, having no immune system due to chemo and radiation, it could have killed me. Over the course of 2 years, I had to miss almost 2 months of school combined because some kid would come in with a disease that vaccines existed for at that time, but their parents never made them get it. Somebody declining for personal reasons, especially if they've had a reaction to it or something similar before, is completely understandable and I will not shame them for that. On the other hand, people who are 100% anti-vaxx and want to prevent anybody else from being able to get a vaccine that they're against because of "autism" or "microchips" or "demon DNA" or whatever other bull**** reason they use to justify their stupidity I hate with a real passion that comes from a personal place (and I realized that's a "me" problem, but it exists).

So to some extent I spend a lot of time thinking about ways to hate people like Andrew Wakefield, Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey, Bill Maher, and lately a whole bunch of Repubican pundits because they're causing real harm in an area that has personally affected me in the past. They have no idea I exist, and me spending any of my time hating them does me no good, but it touches a never every time they spout off with their giant public platforms and I hate them for putting other kids through the same hell (or worse) that I had to endure for no reason other than stupidity and selfishness.

Elon, on the other hand, is more of a nuisance that I don't actively hate, but he's got that big audience that eat up his every word and it does bother me when he's just flat out wrong due to his own arrogance and god complex. Just like how Elon was wrong saying Covid wasn't a big deal in March of 2020, it's something that, with a wide enough audience, can get innocent people hurt or killed by those he influences.

So yeah, I'm exactly as obsessed with Elon as you are, you win. I just wish he had somebody who loved him enough to remind him of the limits of his own intelligence and expertise to help him stick to what he's good at and stop him from being responsible, whether directly or indirectly, for spreading the kind of misinformation that will harm or possibly kill people as a result of his actions and words.

• Thanks 1