Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Mirror, mirror on the wall..............

I’m not immune to being wrong about things. I was wrong about COVID for example. But I wasn’t wrong about starlink.

I made no claims about Teslas development of fsd, other than it isn’t vaporware. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Dude sold another 4-5 billion in Tesla stock. Tell me again why Tesla board shouldn’t toss his ass out now 

Probably because Tesla stock is up a lot during his tenure as CEO and because Tesla is posting record profits, sales growth, and has a waitlist for its cars 6 months long.

you might not like him, but his record is strong.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Probably because Tesla stock is up a lot during his tenure as CEO and because Tesla is posting record profits, sales growth, and has a waitlist for its cars 6 months long.

you might not like him, but his record is strong.

you have some powerful blinders. Dude needs help. 

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

you have some powerful blinders. Dude needs help. 

I mean, what I said was true. You asked why Tesla board isn’t firing him. Those are the reasons. If something changes I’m sure they will react.

Tesla board doesn’t care the that he is riling up the left, and until affects the bottom line they won’t.

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I mean, what I said was true. You asked why Tesla board isn’t firing him. Those are the reasons. If something changes I’m sure they will react.

Tesla board doesn’t care the that he is riling up the left, and until affects the bottom line they won’t.

when a CEO goes after his biggest clients, the board pays attention. With respect, if you don’t think the board is paying attention to this…

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

when a CEO goes after his biggest clients, the board pays attention. With respect, if you don’t think the board is paying attention to this…

Who are his biggest clients?  I think this will help him more with attracting “conservative” customers that it will hurt him with “liberal” ones…

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/03/cars/tesla-buyer-politics/index.html

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Who are his biggest clients?  I think this will help him more with attracting “conservative” customers that it will hurt him with “liberal” ones…

Possibly. Tho Musk will have to do better than the cybertruck. All the MAGAS down here in the south drive them Bigfoot Gravedigger trucks what can roll the coal on the EVs n cyclists. 🤔 

I don't see it being a wise business decision. 🤷 

50 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Possibly. Tho Musk will have to do better than the cybertruck. All the MAGAS down here in the south drive them Bigfoot Gravedigger trucks what can roll the coal on the EVs n cyclists. 🤔 

I don't see it being a wise business decision. 🤷 

Out of curiosity did you read the link that I posted? 🤔 

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Out of curiosity did you read the link that I posted? 🤔 

I did. 🤓

New vehicle registration data from IHS Markit suggest that "blue" states - those that voted for Biden over Donald Trump - are more likely to have a higher share of EVs than "red" states. But many of those red states are very rural and have a high percentage of pickup truck registrations, and EV pickups are still virtually nonexistant. 

😉

Edited by Captain Wiggles

28 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I did. 🤓

😉

Yes. What that means is despite the fact that  Tesla is just as appealing to conservatives and liberals currently:

”Surveys by research firm Morning Consult show that in January about 22% of Democrats were considering buying a Tesla, while 17% of Republicans were looking to purchase one. And that gap has been closing — Republican consideration of buying a Tesla has risen about 3 percentage points just since December's survey. And Republicans are slightly more likely to trust the Tesla brand, 27% compared to 25% among Democrats.

"The customer base is not significantly skewed towards Democrats," said Lisa Whalen, Morning Consult's auto and mobility analyst.”

There is even more opportunity for Tesla in red states. So that is who Tesla should/could go after going foward. Suddenly Musks cozying up to non-liberals makes economic sense.

Re the answer to @Hersh question why isn’t Teslas board firing Elon. The answer is they aren’t stuck in the mindset of identity politics. They care about $$$.

I think it’s safe to say we’ve gotten over the hurdle of political identity determine whether people like/accept/hate electric vehicles. 

they’re showing up more and more. And electric pickup trucks are definitely on the way. 

im not saying it’s over or there aren’t or won’t continue to be holdouts. 

but I think it’s quite obvious the days of your opinion on electric vehicles being based solely on your desire to virtue signaling are in the rear view mirror. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

And what are all the liberals gonna do? Trade in their teslas for f250 diesels?

Yes - maybe they’ll go for a different electric vehicle. 

Or maybe when that time comes, musk will be gone anyways. 

or maybe they’ll decide that they think Tesla makes the best model they can afford, and they’re not going to let their opinion on musk force them into a lesser model. 

Our society are the type of people to post how awful Facebook is, on Facebook. We love to get our widgets as cheap as possible, even if it means we’re sending out money to overseas areas the heavily polite or abuse our notion of labor laws, up to and including child sweat shops. 

I think it’s a leap to make and grand statements about the left abandoning Tesla in a meaningful way such that it outpaces the right going for Tesla. I’m not saying it won’t happen - but I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal. 

Kind of like how no one actually moves to Canada when their hated candidate wins the presidency. 

most people won’t even leave their state if it turns to the party they don’t like. 

• Thumb up 1

I rarely see a Tesla around Greensboro and Guilford County. I know of one gas station that has the supercharger. The sheetz at I 40 n College rd is it.

Yes electric trucks are on the way but Elon has to come up with something better than the cybertruck. Literally this town is filled with monster trucks every weekend. I don't see that crowd rushing out to buy EVs anytime soon.  🤷

43 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

@CousinsCowgirl84 is getting bullied, which is a shame.  Because all you upper middle class yuppies must be so devastated by this.  I understand your absolute worry!  The sky is falling.

While you BS in your office like the hypnotized version of Ron Livingston.

Now type too many words to care to read.

Tf you have the time.

What are you even talking about? Lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I think it’s safe to say we’ve gotten over the hurdle of political identity determine whether people like/accept/hate electric vehicles. 

they’re showing up more and more. And electric pickup trucks are definitely on the way. 

im not saying it’s over or there aren’t or won’t continue to be holdouts. 

but I think it’s quite obvious the days of your opinion on electric vehicles being based solely on your desire to virtue signaling are in the rear view mirror. 

And what are all the liberals gonna do? Trade in their teslas for f250 diesels?

Yes - maybe they’ll go for a different electric vehicle. 

Or maybe when that time comes, musk will be gone anyways. 

or maybe they’ll decide that they think Tesla makes the best model they can afford, and they’re not going to let their opinion on musk force them into a lesser model. 

Our society are the type of people to post how awful Facebook is, on Facebook. We love to get our widgets as cheap as possible, even if it means we’re sending out money to overseas areas the heavily polite or abuse our notion of labor laws, up to and including child sweat shops. 

I think it’s a leap to make and grand statements about the left abandoning Tesla in a meaningful way such that it outpaces the right going for Tesla. I’m not saying it won’t happen - but I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal. 

Kind of like how no one actually moves to Canada when their hated candidate wins the presidency. 

most people won’t even leave their state if it turns to the party they don’t like. 

I'm sure y'all are right. Boards of big companies love CEOs ****ting on the customers that helped build the business while making the stock more volatile. You think Tesla doesn't expanded tax credits for EVs so Tesla can qualify again? Or more government money put into solar? The GOP isn't gonna give it to them. It's always been the Dems. But yeah, let's have the CEO alienate them. Good thinking y'all. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm sure y'all are right. Boards of big companies love CEOs ****ting on the customers that helped build the business while making the stock more volatile. You think Tesla doesn't expanded tax credits for EVs so Tesla can qualify again? Or more government money put into solar? The GOP isn't gonna give it to them. It's always been the Dems. But yeah, let's have the CEO alienate them. Good thinking y'all. 

well. I certainly don’t think it’s a good idea. 

im just skeptical it’s going to matter. 

someone who bought a Tesla in the last 2 -3 years isn’t going to be looking for a new car for a while. He may be gone. 

and generally speaking we, as a society, love to yell about our morals and such but when it comes to actually doing things we sort of forget about them…

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

well. I certainly don’t think it’s a good idea. 

im just skeptical it’s going to matter. 

someone who bought a Tesla in the last 2 -3 years isn’t going to be looking for a new car for a while. He may be gone. 

and generally speaking we, as a society, love to yell about our morals and such but when it comes to actually doing things we sort of forget about them…

I agree with all that, but he really seems intent on aligning himself with some not so great people. After all that's happened the last 15 months, it's just not a great business decision. 

I do have a theory. Elon is acting out like this cause he didn't get the love he wanted from the Biden Administration. They had EV events without Tesla, largely because of union issues (and I've been critical of Biden/Dems for not including Tesla) and that hurt Elon. If he had been invited to the WH by Biden and talked up a lot, he wouldn't be going down this route today.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

i think there is a difference between having your Twitter mouth piece posting stupid memes on the Twitter and lobbying to get GOP elected.