Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Personally I think if your Twitter existence centers around your political party identity then good riddance.

more to do with the fact that this will most likely usher in large rise in hate, violence, racism, and all the other toxic hell hole horse **** that is currently banned. The fact these type of things are now seen as political is the issue 

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

200k, mostly Apolitical, Katy Perry followers left because of Musk buying Twitter. 🙄

just means I’m 200,000 people closer to Katy finally noticing my DMs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

more to do with the fact that this will most likely usher in large rise in hate, violence, racism, and all the other toxic hell hole horse **** that is currently banned. The fact these type of things are now seen as political is the issue 

Know one knows what changes Musk will bring. They are just letting a narrative spin in their head spun by liberal media.

IF what you say will happen happens, then yea, deactivate your account and tell Musk to **** himself.

Till then this is all political games played by mostly terrible people.

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Being apolitical doesn't mean you can't leave a service if you think it's going to get worse. Musk talking about less moderation and maybe bringing Trump back is not a good look to not only liberals.

Of course not. But it’s not like Musk as done anything evil. Yea, he claimed he was a free speech absolutist in a tweet. To my knowledge he has never mentioned unbanning Trump. That’s all what if what if opinion piece spin. I doubt (hope) he put any thought into what it meant in regards to racism hate and violence. 

This is putting the cart way in front of the horse. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Of course not. But it’s not like Musk as done anything evil. Yea, he claimed he was a free speech absolutist in a tweet. But I doubt he put any thought into what it meant in regards to racism hate and violence.

So a guy buys a social media platform and doesn't put any thought into hate speech or violence? That doesn't sound too promising to me. I don't think it's the liberal media that's making people look at his words and say no thanks. Musk is out here making clown statements and people are reacting to that.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

So a guy buys a social media platform and doesn't put any thought into hate speech or violence? That doesn't sound too promising to me. M

It is definitely not promising. I think it terrible move and eventually Musk will realize it was a mistake. I think the conventional wisdom was that Twitter would reject the offer because it was too low. I’m not even sure if Musk really thought Twitter would accept the offer.

Looks like Twitter decided to call Musks bluff. 

But now there is room for someone else to make a better offer.  🤞

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Being apolitical doesn't mean you can't leave a service if you think it's going to get worse. Musk talking about less moderation and maybe bringing Trump back is not a good look to not only liberals.

Will it get worse?  He also mentioned taking more action against bots and verifying every user account.  Twitter has long been a place where a few loud voices, with wildly radical views, generate an outsized response.  I’m interested to see how this plays out.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, China said:

some of those things aren’t promises? He said Teslas were boats for short periods of time. And I’ve seen the video to prove it. 

the fsd button has been available for 6 months…

He told someone from the SEC to perform yada yada…

Teslaquilla has been sold…

Did you even read what you posted? I mean, sure Elon makes a lot claims that haven’t came true yet, but the website you posted is just a random collection of things he has said. Half of them aren’t even promises….

The fundamental message consumers should be taking today is that it's financially insane to buy anything other than a Tesla. It'll be like owning a horse in three years.

Financially insane? 🤣

Says the guy what just paid three times the total net worth of a company that has only turned a yearly profit twice. 

Uh also Elon clearly knows jack **** about how expensive horses are. Some sell for tens of millions of dollars. 

Edited by Captain Wiggles

Horses **** a lot… and you have to feed them. And cars replaced horses… I can only assume he means the non Tesla cars will be horses in the pain in the ass kind of way.

I agree it is financially insane not to buy an EV if you are buying a new car now. Doesn’t have to be a Tesla though. But they are pretty sweet cars.

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I agree it is financially insane not to buy an EV if you are buying a new car now. Doesn’t have to be a Tesla though. But they are pretty sweet cars.

That's not what he said tho. He said "it's financially insane to buy anything other than a Tesla".

Stocks, bonds, real estate, gummy bears, IRAs, gold, silver are all better investments. 🧐

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Wasn't Musk a beacon of hope back in the day? Electric cars...trip to Mars...spittin bars...

Nah but like, he was a liberal superhero last decade.  Now he's your mortal enemy.

Maybe for a hot second before he actually started talking. He might have helped electric cars become more mainstream but he's always been a jerk. In my experience the only people who think he's a superhero is Tesla fanboys or young guys who think he's Tony Stark.

8 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

That's not what he said tho. He said "it's financially insane to buy anything other than a Tesla".

Stocks, bonds, real estate, gummy bears, IRAs, gold, silver are all better investments. 🧐

I think it was referring to cars in that quote…. And when he said it Tesla was the only sub 100k ev in the market..