Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think if the SEC is ok with what Twitter reported to them, then I really don't care. 

the SEC doesn’t generally verify what companies say. It takes there word for it. If it turns out (through private investigation or whistleblowing) that there are errors in the filings, then they will investigate.

That Twitters financial statements and filings were accurate was a condition of buying Twitter I am sure.

Is there anything more woke than the tesla EV revolution and getting off fossil fuels? But please tell me again the Tesla board shouldn't be worried as the stock slides below $700.  

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Is there anything more woke than the tesla EV revolution and getting off fossil fuels? But please tell me again the Tesla board shouldn't be worried as the stock slides below $700.  

Well everything’s all over the place right now anyways, and I personally thought they were overvalued anyways, and also I’m not all that hung up on the tesla board caring. If you wanted to continue to push the narrative I’d like to see something that actually represents a lack of interest in the product as opposed to randomly citing stock numbers during a crazy cycle where tons of things can be causing the downward pressure on the stock. 

but. 

to the tweet… people using woke just sound lame and it’s an instant red flag. Especially when they add a whole “destroying America” garbage. On top of that he included the good old “elite universities” stuff. 

It’s just hilarious watching him unravel. 

Edited by tshile

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Well everything’s all over the place right now anyways, and I personally thought they were overvalued anyways, and also I’m not all that hung up on the tesla board caring. If you wanted to continue to push the narrative I’d like to see something that actually represents a lack of interest in the product as opposed to randomly citing stock numbers during a crazy cycle where tons of things can be causing the downward pressure on the stock. 

but. 

to the tweet… people using woke just sound lame and it’s an instant red flag. Especially when they add a whole “destroying America” garbage. On top of that he included the good old “elite universities” stuff. 

It’s just hilarious watching him unravel. 

First, the board absolutely cares about the stock price. One discussion around the twitter board when Musk initially floated buying it was that the board has a responsibility to shareholders to get the most value. So here we have Musk actively alienating the very customers that support the mission of Tesla in favor of people that don't care about EVs. I care cause I own stock. 

More fun from the dip**** today. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

First, the board absolutely cares about the stock price

Of course they do. But the thing you’re talking about is that musk is the one driving the price down and therefore they should do something about it. 

I’m not trying to argue about it, just wanted to clarify what my point was. 

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Of course they do. But the thing you’re talking about is that musk is the one driving the price down and therefore they should do something about it. 

I’m not trying to argue about it, just wanted to clarify what my point was. 

I just think  this dude is as thin skinned as it gets. That's what fuels his stupidity and he needs peeps around him to get out of this mess. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, watching him unravel is hilarious 

it’s great cause his supporters will jump out there on everything he says, and defend it, cause if must says he’s gonna remove the bots well then not only does that mean he’s serious but he already has a plan and will be successful!

it’s like they still haven’t learned that he washes his hands of things so quickly and does things seemingly just for attention, such that you shouldn’t jump right to his side on anything

”authenticate ever human” 😂 

Calling the Dems the party of "division & hate" after what we jus went through with Trump sounds like a talking point then really believing that.

Like, when I hear that from McConnell or other GOPers, I know they know it's BS, but their base loves it so they run with it.

Elon is damn near a rocket scientist, this is like him also believing the Earth is flat, it doesn't add up.

I'm not buying he's doing anything other then playing his cards to win whatever game he thinks he's playing. 

Officially in the "wish he'd stfu" camp now...JFC

john-wall-bruh-elite-daily.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Calling the Dems the party of "division & hate" after what we jus went through with Trump sounds like a talking point then really believing that.

Like, when I hear that from McConnell or other GOPers, I know they know it's BS, but their base loves it so they run with it.

Elon is damn near a rocket scientist, this is like him also believing the Earth is flat, it doesn't add up.

I'm not buying he's doing anything other then playing his cards to win whatever game he thinks he's playing. 

Officially in the "wish he'd stfu" camp now...JFC

john-wall-bruh-elite-daily.jpg

Is he really a rocket scientist? I know he studied engineering undergrad but does he have a graduate degree in engineering? 

My grandfather was one of the engineers who helped to design the Exocet missile in France as an for the French government. I think he was a far smarter man than Musk who just seems like a playboy and business tycoon.

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

Is he really a rocket scientist? I know he studied engineering undergrad but does he have a graduate degree in engineering? 

My grandfather was one of the engineers who helped to design the Exocet missile in France as an for the French government. I think he was a far smarter man than Musk who just seems like a playboy and business tycoon.

I said "damn near" for a reason because even though that's not what he went to school for, every documentary on SpaceX with him in it, you see someone who is already very intelligent in a related field picking up terminology in this new industry to the point of being able to make decisions that would normally be outsourced to people that went to school for rocket science.

Basically he picked up really fast and from what I can tell knows what he's talking about with respect to specifics of his reusable rocket technology, he can talk the talk.

He's being intentionally dense here with respect to American politics, he clearly wants something, this is calculated "stupidity", which in many ways is twice a dangerous as actual stupidity given someone's level of "influence".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Call it what it is.

Dude has made a conscious decision to be extremely “Trumpy”…full stop.  And there’s no way that’s a good thing.

The parallels strengthen by the day. And a lot of this before all this mess. He's trying to build this "Brand" as an innovator but it seems like he just makes grandiose claims and promises that don't happen besides batteries cars that look like frogs. 

14 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Call it what it is.

Dude has made a conscious decision to be extremely “Trumpy”…full stop.  And there’s no way that’s a good thing.

This guy acts like Joe Rogan to be honest.  What's up with whining about wokism? 

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Driving an EV around isn’t woke at all. Once you try it you’ll never want to drive an ice vehicle again… I got a Tesla because it was cool and I got solar panels because they will save me money over there lifespan.  Being green is a added benefit but far from the central reasoning. 

50 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Call it what it is.

But why…

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If I didn't know better, you'd think he was getting ready to make a run for office.  Then I'm reminder he's trying to get to Mars first, likely for reasons behind what's he told us and make sense...

Elon doesn’t want to go to mars, he wants to send other people to mars.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If I didn't know better, you'd think he was getting ready to make a run for office.  Then I'm reminder he's trying to get to Mars first, likely for reasons behind what's he told us and make sense...

Well the GOP has no problems with people dodging the draft now. That said, not being born an American citizen will keep him from the only position he'd likely ever run for. 

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Elon doesn’t want to go to mars, he wants to send other people to mars.

What makes you say that? 

You saying he doesn't want to be the first himself (which is not what I said, coulda been more clear on specificly SpaceX) or that despite him constantly talking about the need to be a multi-planet species for our own survival be never intends to go to any other planet?

End of the day, laws concerning countries making claiming in space versus private companies are different conversations, with my understanding on it being more clear in what countries can't so versus private companies.  How would we enforce it anyway if he's on another planet is a whole notha ball of wax.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Well the GOP has no problems with people dodging the draft now. That said, not being born an American citizen will keep him from the only position he'd likely ever run for. 

He's more likely to lay claim to entire planet of Mars then all the fruitless work it would take to be US president...