Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

49 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Your numbers are woefully inaccurate.  I believe you are counting hybrid cars in your numbers which are not electric vehicles.

Incorrect.  You’re thinking of AEVs or BEVs.  It’s a common mistake.

https://www.greencars.com/guides/electric-car-terminology

42 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I have to agree.  

While hybrids are being used when calculating towards lower or zero emissions; Toyota don’t have a pure electric vehicle on sale yet.

The developed one with Subaru; which goes on sale this fall.

Good news tho.  The doofus that thought Russia would conquer/nuke Kyiv in two weeks agrees with you…so you got that going for you.  Which is nice!

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

There is a $1 Billion penalty if he backs out. Plus Twitter can sue him for damages.

But Aspergers...or whatever. 

They can sue,  but then there’s have to prove there SEC statements are correct, in the public record.

17 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Incorrect.  You’re thinking of AEVs or BEVs.  It’s a common mistake.

A hybrid car is not an EV.

45 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They can sue,  but then there’s have to prove there SEC statements are correct, in the public record.

The $1 Billion to walk away was agreed upon though. So Musk would have to pay that at the minimum. 

Not sure how losing a billion on this is financially the best move. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

The $1 Billion to walk away was agreed upon though. So Musk would have to pay that at the minimum. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yes, but Musk will claim that that Twitter misrepresented the value company in its financial statements. 

51 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

A hybrid car is not an EV.

Yes, yes it is. EVs are either partially or fully powered on electric power. 

For example, I have an older 2010 Honda Insight. It's labeled a hybrid electric vehicle. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb down 1

42 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yes, yes it is. EVs are either partially or fully powered on electric power. 

For example, I have an older 2010 Honda Insight. It's labeled a hybrid electric vehicle. 

No, no it isn’t. It’s a hybrid. It’s like saying that CFL bulbs are long lasting and energy efficient. Or that a word processor was a computer. 

22 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No, no it isn’t. It’s a hybrid. It’s like saying that CFL bulbs are long lasting and energy efficient. Or that a word processor was a computer. 

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it's already been explained to you. EVs collectively included AEV, HEV, and other subclasses. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

In sorry to burst your bubble but it's already been explained to you. EVs collectively included AEV, HEV, and other subclasses. 

Exactly. someone could buy a Rav 4 Prime  and commute nearly the whole week without charging or using the gas engine, and then drive to the beach for the weekend and back on gas and not have to worry about finding a charging station, etc,

For some, it's a really good option. 

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it's already been explained to you. EVs collectively included AEV, HEV, and other subclasses. 

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but it’s been explained to you. A hybrid is no more an EV than a cfl bulb is “energy efficient” or one of those word processors from the early 90s is a computer. If you can’t understand that, it’s on you.

Where you’re all going wrong is your lack of respect for how ccg knows everything about everything. 

the guy that runs a call dealership and the guy that worked in state transportation for 2 decades don’t know **** about vehicle classifications compared to google brain ccg. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, tshile said:

Where you’re all going wrong is your lack of respect for how ccg knows everything about everything. 

the guy that runs a call dealership and the guy that worked in state transportation for 2 decades don’t know **** about vehicle classifications compared to google brain ccg. 

“Transportation Bro”…..

43 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I guess I am confused to what the EV part of HEV means then. 🤔

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_electric_vehicle

Marketing slogan.

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

From my perspective, of course.

I’m happy you are comfortable admitting that. After a certain point you have to realize that makes conversation pointless though. Don’t take that personal btw. I think everyone does this to some degree, myself included. You are just really open about it which I don’t see often. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I’m happy you are comfortable admitting that. After a certain point you have to realize that makes conversation pointless though. Don’t take that personal btw. I think everyone does this to some degree, myself included. You are just really open about it which I don’t see often. 

Look. I’m not saying I’m wrong. I agree with me.

I’m saying the marketing slogans are wrong. Like how people accepted the fact that the earth was the center of the solar system, and leaches could cure diseases. The marketing made them “right” but of course they were still factually wrong.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

adam savage mythbusters GIF

Also that guy is smart 👍